shape
carat
color
clarity

A Cartier trinity ring to call my own

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I really appreciate everyone''s lovely comments and birthday wishes!

TripleG - Thank you!! I do love how the three bands are intertwined. Depending on my mood, I would roll the bands to show the rose, yellow or white gold band on top. (More often than not, though, the blingy YG takes center stage.
9.gif
)

ckrickett, AdiS, princessplease, thing2of2, tigian, MC, Steel, Kelli, Stone Hunter - Thank you!! I''m really enjoying it!

akmiss, Luckyeshe, kribbie, joelly - Thank you! Having a birthday helped to make the buying decision a little easier
21.gif

chiquitapet, oddoneout, mitsui4, Kaleigh - Thank you so much! The stars really drew me to choosing the ring because of the unique look. Those stars also help to highlight the diamonds so that they''re a bit more noticeable -- like VRBeauty said, just the right amount of bling.

CheshireSmile - Thank you! By the way, I really like your login name!

vespergirl, risingsun - Thanks! It''s interesting that vespergirl mentioned seeing the design in an ad -- was it an ad for the Trinity collection or the "Star" specifically? After I bought the ring, I''ve been looking around for ad pictures for the Trinity Star, and so far I have not found any, not even on the Cartier Web site. The only time I''ve seen the Trinity Star has been in the store. Did you have any luck, risingsun?

D&T - I can completely relate to wanting a rolling ring for so long! Over the years I''ve stopped by the Cartier store every chance I get just so I can admire those three little bands of gold.
3.gif

MakingTheGrade - Unfortunately I don''t know the precise width of the bands (would have been a good question to ask at the store, but I was too excited...
5.gif
). Based on comparison against another ring of mine that''s 5 mm wide, I would say the bands are 3 mm each. If I get a chance I will get them measured more accurately and let you know.

VRBeauty - That''s so sweet of you to say! I can''t wait to see your hessonite garnet set -- I''m sure it''ll be fantastic!

canuk-gal - Thank you! You had enough will power to do what I could not -- walk out of Cartier empty-handed! LOL!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Miss Skippy!
1.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Whoa- *sits in front of the screen and drools like an idiot*- Congrats!!
3.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous. I love the stars! This might be a silly question, but does a rolling ring actually roll?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2009 10:02:29 PM
Author: kittybean
It''s gorgeous. I love the stars! This might be a silly question, but does a rolling ring actually roll?

It does, which is part of the attraction for me. I figure it''s just what I need to help get me through boring meetings!

Singingbell -- is your ring made of three colors of gold? From your picture, it kind of looks like one ring of WG and two of YG... no PG ring.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/10/2009 5:52:33 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
OH MY STARS, I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please tell me how much this ring ran.. its so darling!!
9.gif
Sadly.. they dont have it on their website..
15.gif

SDL -- our original "oh my stars" gal -- you NEED one of these rings!
27.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 5:52:33 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
OH MY STARS, I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh please tell me how much this ring ran.. its so darling!!
9.gif
Sadly.. they dont have it on their website..
15.gif
Hi SDL! I''m so glad you love it too! Remember when you and I discussed on PS a while back about saving up for a more "blue and blingy" rolling ring from a certain seller in NYC? Well, my "piggy bank" didn''t quite make it to the East Coast, it only got as far as Vegas.
3.gif

According to the Cartier SA, the "Trinity Star" design was in celebration of the 100-year anniversary of Cartier in the U.S. Perhaps the collection is only available here in the U.S., and maybe that''s why it''s not on their Web site? Maybe someone with more information will chime in.

As for the price -- subtract about $750 from the current price of the "blue and blingy" ring, and there you have it.
2.gif
(I still want that ring, but now I''ll have to wait even longer for it.)

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 8:34:01 PM
Author: Imdanny
Whoa- *sits in front of the screen and drools like an idiot*- Congrats!!
3.gif
Ha ha! Thanks very much, Danny!
21.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 5:54:16 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Date: 9/10/2009 10:02:29 PM

Author: kittybean

It's gorgeous. I love the stars! This might be a silly question, but does a rolling ring actually roll?

It does, which is part of the attraction for me. I figure it's just what I need to help get me through boring meetings!

Singingbell -- is your ring made of three colors of gold? From your picture, it kind of looks like one ring of WG and two of YG... no PG ring.
Thanks kittybean for your comment! And VRBeauty is exactly right, the ring does roll quite nicely, which is good and bad at the same time -- it's fun to play with, but the bands get scratched in no time flat. I wish I had taken more pictures when I first bought the ring, because the bands will probably never look as shiny again...
8.gif

And to answer your question, VRBeauty, the ring does have the three colors of gold -- white, yellow and rose gold, with the stars/diamonds on the YG band. I know, it's hard to tell from my pictures -- I don't think my pictures do the ring justice...

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/12/2009 6:00:21 PM
Author: VRBeauty

SDL -- our original ''oh my stars'' gal -- you NEED one of these rings!
27.gif
I absolutely agree!
31.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I found a picture of another version of the "Trinity Star" ring, with diamonds/stars on all three bands (from Harper's Bazaar). I'm really curious to see how it looks in person.

CartierTrinityStarRing_Harpers.jpg

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I just received a marketing e-mail from Cartier with a link to their "100 Years in America" Web site. I know several PS'ers were looking for information online about this collection just like I was, so I thought I'd share it. It doesn't hurt that the site has lots of dazzling eye candy either.
30.gif

www.centennial.cartier.com

Here's a link to my Trinity ring, under the "Limited Edition Pieces" section.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results