shape
carat
color
clarity

A big thank you to Pricescope and Whiteflash!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
It took me ages to decide how to spend the $1000 gift certificate that I was so generously given by Andrey late last year. A pendant? Earrings? A little gemstone band? The possibilities were endless...or I was just that indecisive!

Having recently embarked on a second bachelor's degree program that will take me 3 years to complete, I finally drew some inspiration and decided to put together a three stone ring to mark my graduation when it eventually rolls around. The plan is to buy one diamond each year of my studies, having them all put together in ring form for my graduation present.

I pawed through dozens of listings from all of the preferred PS vendors, but couldn't find anything that struck me - of course they were all beautiful stones, but for one reason or another I wasn't in love with any of them.

Finally, late one night I came across a .661 ct, I/VS ACA on Whiteflash's website that caught me immediately. I loved the combo of angles and emailed Liza to reserve it immediately. She was so kind through the process, I simply couldn't fault Whiteflash's customer service if pressed to do so. Everything went very smoothly, even FedEx was quick to deliver, and now I hold in my hot little hands the first of three. :))

This is this listing: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2890083.htm

This is the first super ideal cut stone I've owned - my other stones are either small 'very good' type cuts (shallow, for earrings) or antique cuts. I first saw BGD ideals on HOT's finger at our Perth GTG and was so impressed. The level of blinding sparkle, so different from my antique cushion's "come hither" slow, large rainbows. And now I've got one of my own to fawn over. It helps that the packaging WF uses is so, so impressive. I took the stone in to work (as there are a few ladies there that love to see my sparklies) and they were all floored. Such exclamations - I've already got two different people asking me to have a look through WF's inventory for them. PSers sure are good references! :praise:

So here it is, sorry for the rubbish iphone photos.

acaiphone.jpg

acaiphone3.jpg

acaiphone2.jpg

All visible marks are from my overexcited grubby hands smearing on the packaging! :lol:

Thank you again, Andrey and all of PS - such an honor to have an incredible stone like this! :appl: :wavey:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how perfectly LOVELY !!!!!!
Looking like a beautiful little Valentine Heart !!!!!!
Congratulations, and much luck with your new venture !

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF ACA's are highly addictive! Can't wait to see your 3 stone ring complete in a few years! Congrats again!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Yayyyyyy!!! I love your idea! Congrats!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Great stone... and great sentiment for your project..

Admirable with your second degree... one was enough and has traumatised me such that i still have nightmares about finals... 20yrs later!!

Well done....

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
awesome!!! it looks very pretty! and OMG, you have proper grass. it's *snowing* here. In March!!

I can't wait to see how the project proceeds. And girl, chapeau for the second degree :bigsmile:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
What a great idea JG! I felt the same about MRB's, they didn't hold any appeal for me, perhaps because I never saw a perfectly cut stone. I purchased BGD studs in December and that changed my opinion really quick! I have been considering a three stone or five stone or pendant in the months since I got my studs,I never thought I would be interested in rounds.
Best of luck with school & enjoy your gorgeous stone!

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
JustGinger, awesome stone! Such a wonderful way to commemorate your achievement : )

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, what a beauty! You picked a great one!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone - I keep it in its special see-through box next to my bed and have a bit of a peek at it every night! :lol:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh she is so pretty! I really love the idea and sentiment behind your project. You will have to bring her along to the next gtg! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and what a fun project!

Perhaps you could temporarily set her in a single station DBTY style bracelet to look at when in class to keep you motivated! Seems like a worthy use of $300 to me. :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks awesome!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Rosebloom|1363277905|3404763 said:
Gorgeous stone and what a fun project!

Perhaps you could temporarily set her in a single station DBTY style bracelet to look at when in class to keep you motivated! Seems like a worthy use of $300 to me. :)

Brilliant idea Rosebloom! Do it JG, :))

meredeth11

Shiny_Rock
Nice plan to buy one diamond each year for studies! Love your plan very much, it can work effectively!! :appl:
Congrats on the first hot one!!! ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice!!! :love: :appl: I love your 3 year, 3 stone project idea!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
You know, I got an MFA. Took three years. Three grueling, sleepless years. If only there was some way to appropriately mark that accomplishment. Hmm...

I love the ideas you've planted, Ginger!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea Ginger, it's nice to reward yourself for your efforts and 3 years will fly by :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results