shape
carat
color
clarity

A BIG Thank You to Deb (AGBF)!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2007 7:13:55 PM
Author: AGBF

Oh! I just saw this! I am so glad you received the cake, DS! You will have to tell me how it is once you taste it. (Of course you may be saving it for one of the holiday meals, but I''ll wait!) I appreciate having an entire thank you thread, too. Wow. It makes me feel like the birthday girl when really all I am is the supplier of the cake!

Congratulations on the 10,000 postings. It is the writing that keeps this board going! And your postings are quality ones, too. ;-)

Hugs,
Deb
I''m glad you found this, Deb!!! Thank you again so much!
36.gif

You know what, my family had the best time playing with the dry ice! You would have thought that the dry ice was the gift! Lol!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/20/2007 7:23:22 PM
Author: Gypsy
WOW. You all accepted Deb''s cake offer and she sent them out?

Deb I am in AWE of you. What a generous and kind person you are.

DS... you are such a fab person, you deserve it... as do all the other 10K members.
{{{Hugs}}} Gypsy! Thank you!!! Deb is indeed very, very generous and kind to do this!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2007 8:48:22 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Thanks for your help, Lisa! And yes, we''ll all have to chip in and get Deb an
9.gif
extra BIG cake!!!

If I ever make it to 10,000 please remember that I have always respected the wishes of anyone who said that s/he did not want a cake for diet/health reasons. It is only silly reasons such as "trouble" or "expense" that get the Presidential veto ;-).

Deb
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/20/2007 5:43:26 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Deb, you are the sweetest. I only wish you would post more often!
I couldn''t agree more.

FG, what did your cake taste like?? (I''ve never heard of that)

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Geez, some people will do anything to prove she or he deserves to wear the halo....
2.gif

Pricescopers are beautiful inside and out!

Happy Holidays, Deb and all,

lawmax
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2007 12:41:11 PM
Author: lawmax

Geez, some people will do anything to prove she or he deserves to wear the halo....
2.gif

I love you, too, Lawmax. Do you want a cake? I will buy you one just for your sheer longevity here! I am sure you are into healthy eating and all that, but what about the kids? Wouldn''t they like to play with dry ice?

I''m not kidding. Say the word. I won''t even take the halo this time.

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF Wow you are such a class act!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Is PS a great place, or what? How sweet of you to do this, AGBF!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
that is one of the nicest things I have ever heard! Deb, you rock!

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2007 1:26:44 PM

Date: 12/21/2007 12:41:11 PM
Author: lawmax

2.gif

I love you, too, Lawmax. Do you want a cake? I will buy you one just for your sheer longevity here! I am sure you are into healthy eating and all that, but what about the kids? Wouldn''t they like to play with dry ice?

I''m not kidding. Say the word. I won''t even take the halo this time.

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

Thank you, but I''m pretty much non-dairy. I eat largely organic and healthy except when I''m eating chocolate, licorice or anything else out of the vending machine at work! The halo is yours. :)

Love,

lawmax
11.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bumping this for Deb to see your reply! I''m sure that yummy chocolate one is probably non-dairy!
31.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Awh,

Just goes to show what a great bunch of people are on PS. Good show, AGBF!

Happy holidays to all!

soverysweet.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! How do you send a real cake? How does that work? And will I get one over here in the UK when I reach 10,000 posts?
9.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done DS on reaching 10,000 posts!! (sorry, I got carried away at the thought of cake!!)

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2007 4:15:35 PM
Just bumping this for Deb to see your reply! I''m sure that yummy chocolate one is probably non-dairy!
31.gif

Thanks!

Actually, Deb wrote me yesterday. I told her it would be really great if one day, we sat down for a slice of cake and some tea or coffee together. :)

Happy holidays everyone...Let them eat CAKE!!!!!

love,

lawmax
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, that is so unbelievably sweet of you to do!

I had no idea you actually sent a cake to the 10k posters. What a great idea!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2007 6:12:16 PM
Author: Maisie
Wow! How do you send a real cake? How does that work? And will I get one over here in the UK when I reach 10,000 posts?
9.gif

Well...this gets to the heart of some questions that were never addressed since this topic was never really public before. It isn't really true that I offered every 10K poster a cake; I did not offer one to Valeria (Ana) because she was in Europe and I did not know how to send a cake to her. I do not bake and send the cakes myself, although wishing to be able to bake and frost a real layer cake (birthday type cake) for Mara like the pictures people were posting for her was what started all this. A company that sends cakes through the mail (although not, I think, overseas) sends out the cake that the 10K recipient chooses.

I never put this policy into words, but did it on a case by case basis because I never knew when I might have money problems...or even run into a Pricescoper I disliked. (I know, I know...how could there ever be anyone posting to Pricescope who was not likeable. I admit it is unlikely...but what if it happened? Would I have to offer a cake?) I am just one individual and I don't even work outside the home. My husband has been laid off from jobs twice before. It gets scary thinking that now everyone knows and will expect a cake. Diamondseeker asked my permission before before she thanked me on the forum and I am delighted she did it, but I would really prefer it if all of you would just wait and see if I'm here to see that someone made 10,000 postings and that I can afford the cake each time. It isn't that I would care less about another poster, it's just that the idea that I must come up with the money each time starts to worry me! When this started it was semi-secret so no one had any expectations. I never signed on to do it forever ;-).

Hugs to all of you,
Deb
34.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 5:10:59 AM

Date: 12/23/2007 6:12:16 PM
Author: Maisie
9.gif

Well...this gets to the heart of some questions that were never addressed since this topic was never really public before. It isn''t really true that I offered every 10K poster a cake; I did not offer one to Valeria (Ana) because she was in Europe and I did not know how to send a cake to her. I do not bake and send the cakes myself, although wishing to be able to bake and frost a real layer cake (birthday type cake) for Mara like the pictures people were posting for her was what started all this. A company that sends cakes through the mail (although not, I think, overseas) sends out the cake that the 10K recipient chooses.

I never put this policy into words, but did it on a case by case basis because I never knew when I might have money problems...or even run into a Pricescoper I disliked. (I know, I know...how could there ever be anyone posting to Pricescope who was not likeable. I admit it is unlikely...but what if it happened? Would I have to offer a cake?) I am just one individual and I don''t even work outside the home. My husband has been laid off from jobs twice before. It gets scary thinking that now everyone knows and will expect a cake. Diamondseeker asked my permission before before she thanked me on the forum and I am delighted she did it, but I would really prefer it if all of you would just wait and see if I''m here to see that someone made 10,000 postings and that I can afford the cake each time. It isn''t that I would care less about another poster, it''s just that the idea that I must come up with the money each time starts to worry me! When this started it was semi-secret so no one had any expectations. I never signed on to do it forever ;-).

Hugs to all of you,
Deb
34.gif
I''m sorry for my question. I didn''t mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I feel sad now that I ruined this thread.
7.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie, please do not worry. You didn''t ruin anything! In the past, the owners of the forum gave a gift to people who reached 10,000 posts. It was a really kind thing for them to do. I am the first one to reach that mark under the new ownership, and apparently that policy has changed. So it was really sweet of Deb to do this. It meant a lot to me that she, who has nothing to gain from our participation here, would do something so kind. I think the key is that we should all have no expectations from here on out on the forum. We can just enjoy posting knowing that there is really no reward for doing so other than for our own fun. I did feel funny accepting such a generous gift, but it was clear Deb was sincere in her offer, so I accepted with the hope that I could publicly thank her for her kindness. There is also the issue that we all don''t have a way to contact each other, so it would be impossible for her to do this for everyone. I sincerely thought she was offering me a virtual cake when she first aksed me! I said yes thinking she would post a beautiful cake picture! And that would have been totally fine with me!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
CAKE FIGHT!!!

just kidding...but i want the frosting!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb so now that I am at 25k posts do I get a wedding cake? Hehe just kidding!!! I still prefer beautiful virtual cakes which are zippo calories....!!! I just like looking at pictures of cakes and daydreaming. We should have a cake thread.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/25/2007 11:17:16 AM
Author: Mara
Deb so now that I am at 25k posts do I get a wedding cake? Hehe just kidding!!! I still prefer beautiful virtual cakes which are zippo calories....!!! I just like looking at pictures of cakes and daydreaming. We should have a cake thread.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

I just saw this. I haven't been here much since I left Virginia for the holidays (which was the Saturday before Christmas). Your calorie-watching was the start of my policy of never annoying someone who said he wanted to watch his waist or to avoid the ingredients in cake for health reasons. I did have to wrestle Storm to the ground to get him to accept, though, because he thought the cake was too expensive. I had no trouble manhandling him over that, though, because it was for a good cause. I think it was then that I informed him that since the cake was a gift that it also had no calories ;-).

Deb
34.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, you are so sweet I had to give you a virtual cake! I love to see you asking people if they want cake (just saw you do it in Lorelei''s 10K post thread), it makes me smile big; you are so generous!!!

Diamond%20Fan%20Birthday%20Cake.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2008 11:41:33 AM
Author: Skippy123
Deb, you are so sweet I had to give you a virtual cake! I love to see you asking people if they want cake (just saw you do it in Lorelei''s 10K post thread), it makes me smile big; you are so generous!!!

Diamond%20Fan%20Birthday%20Cake.jpg
I missed this thread first time, Deb is a darling!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 11:30:01 AM
Maisie, please do not worry. You didn't ruin anything! In the past, the owners of the forum gave a gift to people who reached 10,000 posts. It was a really kind thing for them to do. I am the first one to reach that mark under the new ownership, and apparently that policy has changed. So it was really sweet of Deb to do this. It meant a lot to me that she, who has nothing to gain from our participation here, would do something so kind. I think the key is that we should all have no expectations from here on out on the forum. We can just enjoy posting knowing that there is really no reward for doing so other than for our own fun. I did feel funny accepting such a generous gift, but it was clear Deb was sincere in her offer, so I accepted with the hope that I could publicly thank her for her kindness. There is also the issue that we all don't have a way to contact each other, so it would be impossible for her to do this for everyone. I sincerely thought she was offering me a virtual cake when she first aksed me! I said yes thinking she would post a beautiful cake picture! And that would have been totally fine with me!
Thanks DS. I didn't see this before.

I didn't really expect a cake.... And Deb raised a good point. She might not like everyone who reaches 10,000 posts. I don't suppose that everyone likes me, its all about who clicks and who doesn't.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i am in awe nearly every day by the generosity and kindness of ps members.
deb, thank you for such a sweet gesture! not just with the cakes, but all that you''ve done in the past and continue to do.

thank you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, thank you for the virtual cake. That really has no calories! (Don't tell Storm I was fibbing to him.) Maisie, dear Maisie, I hope that you saw that your posting was the inspiration for my now offering cakes on both sides of the Atlantic! You asked if you would get a cake when you got to 10,000 postings and under my old practices you wouldn't have. That broke my heart! I mean, we know all about how you have been you've been sexually harassed on your job and dealt with Fragile X. We've seen pictures of all your children! So something had to change, because we really are one, big family! I mean, people ship diamonds around the globe...why not cakes? As long as I remain the cake person, I will strive to get cakes to the UK...and even beyond (gasp)!

Deb
34.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe I should just pop over there and join you for cake and coffee when I reach 10,000 posts! Wouldn''t that be lovely? We could have a big pricescope coffee morning with lots of lovely cake full of fat calories!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2008 5:44:33 PM

Skippy, thank you for the virtual cake. That really has no calories! (Don''t tell Storm I was fibbing to him.)
34.gif
Deb
Glad you liked it; okay the no calories will be our little secret!
2.gif
12.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, my NY cheesecake from Deb was the best I have ever had!!!
36.gif

Skippy, that is an amazingly beautiful cake picture you posted! I wonder if it is a real cake? It is too pretty to cut!

And Maisie, I cannot imagine anyone not liking YOU!!!! Don''t be silly!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results