shape
carat
color
clarity

9 Million new toys recalled by mattel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Anyone with kids or who know someone with kids should have this info.

The Mattel website lists new toys recalled today and instruction if you have them.

I have quite a few polly pockets toys in my home.

This recall stuff is awful. Its scares me how many recalled toys I own, including thomas train toys. It makes me wonder about toys that are not recalled too.

Anyway, if you go to the Mattel website they have more info on the newest recall issued today.

edited to add, the Thomas the train toy recall are not mattel. They are made by a different company.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, I read about this in the paper this morning. FWIW, a while back, there was a problem with lead being on plastic lunch boxes and it was noted in the paper that you can get lead testing kits at Home Depot to test your kids'' toys and other items. I''ve been meaning to do this. . .

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mattel used too have a huge plant in my hometown making toys for several decades then it was closed down and moved to China iv never bought anything since and never will buy anything they make.
A friend of mines Dad worked there 29.5 years and lost his pension when the plant shut down.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANKS I had heard about it but not about the Polly Pocket stuff. Of course we have tons of PP stuff.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ascherisme for the info.. but I don''t see Thomas toy trains on the recall list? Can up please point me to where it is as my little boy has quite a few thomas toy trains..

Does anybody know the reason for the recalls? I would like to call work and make sure they know, but I don''t want to call and have no idea why and look silly...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lead paint for one, and the small magnets in some toys can be dislodged and swallowed causing intestinal damage....

haven't those small magnets been on toy trains since we were all little kids though? I mean, I remember my trains having little magnets on them yea?

is there a link that shows exactly which ones lead paint is involved in? and exactly how does a mistake like that occur anyway?

"Oopps, we use the wrong batch of paint" ...?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I hope people start looking at where things are made before they make their purchases. I am not against all imports but the political climate of a country should stand for something when spending/investing money.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 9:28:29 PM
Author: swingirl
I hope people start looking at where things are made before they make their purchases. I am not against all imports but the political climate of a country should stand for something when spending/investing money.
Ditto.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The problem is not just with China (although they are very famous for products that do not meet specifications or outright fradulant products).

So many people in america always want to buy cheaper. Well, cheaper comes at a price: Be it lost American Jobs, out of country factories that do not have to meet anything resembling an environmental standard for polution, poor working conditons for the people, or just not making things to the same standards they are made in the US (even if those standards are specified by the US purchaser).

I don''t have an answer to the issue. But next time you reach for the generic eqievelent or the cheaper product... Rememver what it is really costing the US - if you can.

Perry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results