shape
carat
color
clarity

.9 HCA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Any thoughts on this stone??

GIA CERT

.90 E SI1

Table 58%
Depth 61.3%
CA 34
CH 14%
PA 40.4
PD 42.5%

Polish: VG
Symm: VG
Cut Grade: VG

I''ve seen it in person and it looks good. Very bright with some blue flashes coming from it.
Just didn''t know if it was too shallow??
Thanks for any help!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
According to the hca chart its borderline.
It could be a nice combo depending on what is in the averages.
How did it look up close?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/12/2006 6:31:56 PM
Author: strmrdr
According to the hca chart its borderline.

How did it look up close?
What Storm means is how did it look from 5 to 10 inches away?
And is that an issue?

It is a GIA stone - so VG means not a lot - did you test for optical symmetry (Ideal-scope / H&A''s etc)

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Hey guys,

Thanks for the quick responses. Up close i''d have to say it looked a little dark. I didn''t see it under an IS or notice any instances of H&A. But from arms length away it gave of some great color. By doing a PS search on shallow stones i came across a couple of great threads with this such instance ( a little darker up close but great at a distance). It doesn''t seem like this stone is too far off from the "sweet spot" (i think?). Would a sarin report with the averages help in determing go or no go?

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah i also forgot to include the measurements - don''t know if this helps or not...

6.10-6.14x3.75

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sarin would help us but not be a lot of help to you.
Whats the pricing like?
Have you considered getting an IS?

Spiff9

Rough_Rock
Price is $5K. Does this seem reasonable for a stone like this? A quick search on PS of similar stones brings up prices of a few hunderd $ less to about the same price. Granted this is from a B&M store, not an online vendor, so i expect to pay a little more.
I am considering an IS, but at this point i feel like i''m just paying more attention to the #''s than trusting my eye!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results