shape
carat
color
clarity

9-11 Never Forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
@autumngems , I am so sorry about the trauma of today's date - in addition to all the rest. I hope there has been healing and that it will continue.

I was in California with a baby - I didn't watch tv or listen to radio. I was walking on the street, thinking how weirdly quiet it was, and my husband came home. He said "So you've heard" - probably thinking I was waiting for him.
"Heard what?"
"We're under attack."
And then began days of CNN.

I will never forget.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
We were having a snack and a friend called and just said, "Turn on your TV", and hung up. We were both shocked. I couldn't believe my eyes and thought it must be some sort of wacky movie.

My DH worked at the airport at the time, and went straight away to help with diverted flights from around the world. It was a strange time.

A close friend decided at the last minute to change her trip and didn't go on Flight 93. She lived to tell the tale...with chills down the spine.

Another acquaintance missed her flight to New York because it was oversold. She got bumped. She would have been in one of the Twin Towers the next morning.

Seemingly small events with life-changing effects.

I too, will remember the events of 9/11.

ETA: It was soooo eery to see zero jets in the skies above. The only other time I've seen this was when COVID hit, and all travel pretty much stopped.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were having a snack and a friend called and just said, "Turn on your TV", and hung up. We were both shocked. I couldn't believe my eyes and thought it must be some sort of wacky movie.

My DH worked at the airport at the time, and went straight away to help with diverted flights from around the world. It was a strange time.

A close friend decided at the last minute to change her trip and didn't go on Flight 93. She lived to tell the tale...with chills down the spine.

Another acquaintance missed her flight to New York because it was oversold. She got bumped. She would have been in one of the Twin Towers the next morning.

Seemingly small events with life-changing effects.

I too, will remember the events of 9/11.

ETA: It was soooo eery to see zero jets in the skies above. The only other time I've seen this was when COVID hit, and all travel pretty much stopped.

Oh my @SparklieBug so unbelievable the close calls. Our community was hard hit and still is with 911 illness. So sad.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
No words... :cry:

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm so sorry.
That's even worse than my brother being murdered in prison by a fellow inmate.

So very sorry!

Thank you

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@autumngems , I am so sorry about the trauma of today's date - in addition to all the rest. I hope there has been healing and that it will continue.

I was in California with a baby - I didn't watch tv or listen to radio. I was walking on the street, thinking how weirdly quiet it was, and my husband came home. He said "So you've heard" - probably thinking I was waiting for him.
"Heard what?"
"We're under attack."
And then began days of CNN.

I will never forget.

Thank you

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate September, it's the worst month for me, the 11th even more so, in addition to the terrorist attacks I lost 3 people on Sept 11th (different years) my mother-in-law passed of old age, my niece was murdered by her husband and my mother passed from cancer. It's a day I try not to dwell as it's too hard.

So sorry for these losses that all occurred on the same date. Hugs to you!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch the documentaries on the History channel every year on 9/11. I guess it is my way to pay tribute to those who lost their lives on that day and the many who lost their lives later from working at the site. I never want to lose sight of the horror and disbelief that befell us all on that day. I will never forget and honor all of those innocent souls that lost their lives over this horrific day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results