shape
carat
color
clarity

9-10mm Pearl ring!

Rose974

Rough_Rock
I have searched a lot to see if I could find a ring with these specs to see how big it would be but I am unable to.

I would love to see some pictures if any one has them.

I want a pearl ring that is a substantial size, not too small, not too big. I feel like 9-10mm is a good size but I just want to be sure.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here is my 10 mm round golden South Sea ring set in palladium by my local jeweler. Golden is from IndoSea Pearls on etsy.

The second photo shows my ring along with a pair of 9.1-9.2 mm golden rounds that I had set into earrings. This pair was from Pearllunar on eBay.

How the pearl will look will, of course, depend on the size of your hand. Mine are fairly large for ladies' hands.

By the way, the golden in the ring has green overtones, while the earring pair has red overtones. I love them both.

today_4826.jpg

today_4840.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you haven't yet found what you want then your best plan would be to find a working silversmith or goldsmith (depending on what metal you have in mind) and they will easily make a ring for you. It should not cost more than buying 'off the peg' and will be unique.
Get your pearl from whichever pearl seller has the pearl you want.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I currently have one as a right hand ring. It's 8mm, and it's bezel set. It's got a very good presence and is quite manageable.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
-1_zps0aaa1acf.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Well, I guess what we consider "substantial but not too big" varies, as does how large a pearl looks on different size hands.

I have rather large hands for a woman and my 13-14 mm south sea pearl is what I'd consider substantial but not too big. I wouldn't find a 9-10 mm pearl to have much "wow" factor on my hand unless it had a substantial setting but it might on someone else.

Also, a smaller or mabe pearl would sit lower on the hand, which is safer for frequent wear. I like the look of this one but I do have to be extra careful with it.

You might try measuring some ball earrings or beads that you already have, or make different size little balls out of gum or something else you have around the house, and see what you think of the different mm sizes on your hand.

pearly_4.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you're concerned about the pearl sticking too proud of your hand consider a button pearl. It would reduce height and be about half the cost!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have smaller and up to 11mm pearl rings. One thing to keep in mind is how balanced the setting is and the wider the shank the more likely the pearl will set upright on the hand. If the shank is thin the pearl will flop from side to side and you will be fighting it to stay on top of the finger unless the ring is fitted snugly. Many women have larger knuckles so this is a problem. There is more friction with wider bands so the rings don't move.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results