shape
carat
color
clarity

7 months to go...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
''Till 5/15/10! and o.m.g. i have WAY mucho things to do.
the ONLY thing we have done is our venue (which, fortunately takes care of MOST decorations, all food & beverage and linens!), and a date set.

any suggestions for guest lists? i know i have until feb to send them out, but i am hesitant on the work friends. i work with a TON of people, and a TON of people ask about the wedding, but there is only a few i really want to invite. any suggestions on how to work around that one?

things i need to finalize..like...now!
1. photographer. biggest issue becuase i have no eye for style, and want to save where i can
2. dj vs ipod.
3. cake - pretty sure i found the cake i like (black forest with rasberry!!
18.gif
), just need to decide who to get it made by. we actually don''t want a big fancy cake for everyone to cut into, just a giant sheet of yummy cake, and a small one for us!
4. bridesmaids outfits - i have a backup style and color already planned, but am thinking about changing it up. i should know by november what style i truly want.
5. jewelry. fortunately i found a GREAT artist who will make the wedding jewelry for EVERYONE in the party. yes!! now i just need to start getting the styles i want set so she can make it.
6. the dress. actually, i just need to pay it off :)
7. grooms attire. becuase we want linen suits, we cannot even look until jan at the earliest. GRRR.
8. invites. actually i already have a style picked out, i just can''t find the freaking stamp for it. i might have this custom made.

so... what am i missing? any suggestions?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
oh, forgot to say, as for working out/losing weight goes, at least i did start that! i do cycle two days a week, and next week am incorporating weight training.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
What''s your photog budget jcar?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 6:10:15 PM
Author: sunnyd
um...zil?
lol. orginally under $1000, but that is no way possible, so under $2k is ideal.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
In regards to the stamp, go to www.stamps.com. You can get one made with a photo on it (or find your own photo or picture). They also have an array of pretty designs. They''re just about twice the price of normal stamps.

With the work wedding guests- that''s a tough one. Would you feel comfortable hand-delivering invitations to them and asking them not to "make it known" that they were invited?

Other things, possibly:
-Rehearsal dinner plans
-Bridesmaid gifts/Parent gifts
-Favors
-Creating a registry

Also, what area of the country are you in? Maye we can help you look for photographers!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
amanda - good thought. i think i will just mail it to them. fortunately that is easy enough to do at work (get their addresses.)

Thanks for the tip about stamps.com. i am going to look there now!

oh, i think we are going to make truffles for the little gifts.
18.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Flowers-styles/florist/etc
Musical selections-first dance, parent dances, intro music, etc
Wedding bands
Your accessories/hair/makeup
Honeymoon!!!!

That''s all I got for now. If I think of more I''ll come back to post. I''m sorry if I scared you lol. I just wanna make sure you have it all covered!!!!!

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Are you having the ceremony at the reception venue?

I''d also start thinking about transportation. How will you travel from prep place to ceremony, then you and DH (!) from ceremony to reception. Then the getaway car. It''s really not a huge deal, but definitely something to think about.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Princess - the ceremony and reception are at the same venue, so i don''t have to worry about that, thankfully.
our flowers are going to be tulips, so that is just going down to the market the day before and scooping them up. i might just order them through whole foods, since my sister works for them and might be able to save me at least 20%.
Music - we want to take dance lessons for our first dance, and after that is just creating a play list, which i am (slowly) adding too
wedding bands - good point! a trip out today, maybe?
31.gif
ooh. i could hit up neiman marcus.
31.gif

Accessories - i just need to send of my work order for that, but hair and makeup are figured out (for the most part). I am going to have my stylist do my hair, and have my mom & aunt help out with everyone elses hair. oh and my friend is doing my makeup :)
Honeymoon - PR or BVI. we just need to make up our mind LOL

Cushions - i think we are going to rent a fun 1940''s car for our get away car.

oh, for the rehearsal, i am thinking of making everyone ride the duck.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I think a trip to NM would be well worth it...I mean, they have lovely jewelry, along with other lovely things
27.gif

I''m glad you have all of that covered. And the 1940''s car sounds SO cool!!! FI and I were looking into renting a 1957 Chevy BelAir (we''re car freaks, lol) limo for the drive from the hotel to the ceremony, but it was $800
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
for three hours!

Miya03

Shiny_Rock
theknot.com has a great month-by-month wedding checklist that will help you know what exactly you''re behind on--I''m in the same boat, 7 months out and I''ve only got the venue and the dress. Good luck!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 6:40:22 PM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 10/23/2009 6:10:15 PM
Author: sunnyd
um...zil?
lol. orginally under $1000, but that is no way possible, so under $2k is ideal.
Stupid computer froze when I had this whole list made for you!
29.gif

Trying again...I think we have similar styles for photography, so here''s what I found. I looked at about 4574 photogs before blowing the budget, so here are my favorites (all under 2K also)!

Cye Photography
HR Northwest
Allan Vassallo
Heather Mann
Tasha Owen
Jenny GG - I met her for bpics, she''s really nice!
Photography by Eva
White Veil Studios

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
wooot! thanks sunny!! off to check them out now
9.gif
(who *really* needs to fold laundry anyways??)

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 12:15:44 PM
Author: jcarlylew
wooot! thanks sunny!! off to check them out now
9.gif
(who *really* needs to fold laundry anyways??)
Uh, no one.
9.gif
Mine is sitting piled up on a chair downstairs in fact!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results