shape
carat
color
clarity

63 carat precision faceted rose quartz from Madagascar

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

Here''s some photos with my 14.87 carat fire opal that was also cut in the same design by Uli.

I thought the fire opal was big!! Incandescent light.

TLulisizegems.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
killer cutlets. Look at the rose quartz just take in and absorb that light and glow. It has more silk than the fire opal. Sorry about the smudges/fingerprint grease on the fire opal. Incandescent light again. The rose quartz has some lavender flashes, but I can't capture them that well with the camera. I can't wait to see what this stone does in sunlight (no sun today
8.gif
)

TLulisizegemscutlet.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A shot of both on the hand.

TLulisizegemshand.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at how sharp that cutlet is, even magnified so much with my camera in a photo. Now that''s amazing. I wouldn''t want to have that dangling over me as a torture device!! LOL!

TLsharpcutlet.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 9:06:47 PM
Author: kelpie
Good heavens, that is ethereal! I would bezel it in satin finished rose gold.

ETA- I just saw the handshot! Maybe use it as a doorknob? Lamp pull? It's a monster!!!

I would love to do frosted platinum, but the amount of platinum I would need, I would have to rob Fort Knox!!
6.gif

The stone itself has a satiny glow to it. It's really cool.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 5:57:55 PM
Author: RockHugger
That is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it! And for 200 bucks you cant beat the deal!

Ha!! Too bad it''s not a Brazilian Paraiba or a pink diamond that size.
3.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Whatever you do with it, don''t make it a pendant - it will give you back pains.

I recommend it as a ring, for 1)it is a perfect size, and 2) can double as a handy paper weight.

Congrats!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Nice! You''re going to need quite a deep basket to make sure that cutlet is far away from you.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a rock! Gorgeous color and cut!!!

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stones! The facet work is so crisp and coupled with that silky smooth look, its a killer combination. I don''t envy you thinking about a setting for that jumbo sized jewel!!! I typically hit a brick wall once the stones hit the 4-5 ct range
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 9:45:55 PM
Author: yingh
Whatever you do with it, don't make it a pendant - it will give you back pains.

I recommend it as a ring, for 1)it is a perfect size, and 2) can double as a handy paper weight.

Congrats!

Yingh, yes, I think I might get some back issues with this one. Thanks.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
You are on a roll TL! You''ve got some seriously gorgeous stones lately! If it wasn''t so pretty to look at from the top I''d suggest this setting, but that would be a shame!

upside down.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 11:11:55 PM
Author: brandy_z28
30.gif
You are on a roll TL! You''ve got some seriously gorgeous stones lately! If it wasn''t so pretty to look at from the top I''d suggest this setting, but that would be a shame!

I don''t think they would let me in banks and airports with that ring design for this stone!! LOL!

Thanks Brandy.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone again for their kind words, Soberguy, Kelpie, Oddoneout, Indylady, Packrat, Vigoruby, StepCutNut.

Date: 5/7/2010 11:04:02 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
Beautiful stones! The facet work is so crisp and coupled with that silky smooth look, its a killer combination. I don''t envy you thinking about a setting for that jumbo sized jewel!!! I typically hit a brick wall once the stones hit the 4-5 ct range
31.gif

Thanks Sleepy, you need to stop by here more often!! Then you wouldn''t like setting my new mint tourmaline ring, 4.5 carats. I still didn''t start a thread on it because I''m waiting for the sun to come out!! You have some big stones there, so you better figure out something!!
2.gif

TLafghanlogrhalo1.JPG

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Thats a great open minty "fresh" color you''ve got there! I wish some of mine had that burst of "freshness"! I would love a chryso that color... if only they weren''t so rare...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2010 11:21:40 PM
Author: sleepyspinel
Thats a great open minty 'fresh' color you've got there! I wish some of mine had that burst of 'freshness'! I would love a chryso that color... if only they weren't so rare...

Thanks Sleepy.
You never find them that color, although I just got a chartreuse chrysoberyl that looks like anti-freeze color. I love it. This particular tourmaline has an octagon small table and a ton of crown faceting too, but it was faceted by Jerry Newman of gemsmart. I am now a fan of small tables and fancy faceted crowns!! It doesn't even look like a tourmaline because it sparkles so much. Do they have a simpler name for that cutting style??
40.gif

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
TL, that is just way cool. Love the mongo size, the sleepy quality, and the great cutting. Thank you for posting the church window, nice touch for us!!

Setting Suggestion: Scepter knob!!!! Come on, you KNOW you want a sceptor!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Hey, something we agree on TL - there maybe hope after all! Fabulous stones. I love this guy''s cutting.

I vote you make it into a navel stud, or maybe a door knob for your bathroom cabinet.

Seriously, both stones are lovely.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nice shape and cut!
21.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/9/2010 2:22:59 AM
Author: Gailey
Hey, something we agree on TL - there maybe hope after all! Fabulous stones. I love this guy's cutting.

I vote you make it into a navel stud, or maybe a door knob for your bathroom cabinet.

Thanks StonieGirl, Chictomato

Gailey,
Thanks!
I agree with you on lots of things, and I like fine cutting as much as the next person, but I do overlook fine cutting sometimes when I want a gem with rare color. BTW, I really thought you would hate this gem and think it looks like a ring pop.
40.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeously cut stone, also loves its silkiness.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Fun stone TL-I''d have it on my desk for muse/play
The fire opal is cool too.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2010 9:43:09 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 5/9/2010 2:22:59 AM
Author: Gailey
Hey, something we agree on TL - there maybe hope after all! Fabulous stones. I love this guy''s cutting.

Thanks StonieGirl, Chictomato

Gailey,
Thanks!
I agree with you on lots of things, and I like fine cutting as much as the next person, but I do overlook fine cutting sometimes when I want a gem with rare color. BTW, I really thought you would hate this gem and think it looks like a ring pop.
40.gif
No, far from it. In fact, I think I can safely say that rose quartz is going to be in my very near future. Maybe even my next stone.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Nice! I love the facets and the SIZE!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Mochi!!!
I was fearful that you had fallen into a massive FB black hole!

Nice to see you
35.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a fun stone! i would imagine your heart sings each time you look at it.

mz

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you LG, Coati, Mochi, MZ!!

Gailey,
So you''re getting a rose quartz? Is someone sourcing the rough right now? Inquiring minds want to know.
2.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2010 9:56:47 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Thank you LG, Coati, Mochi, MZ!!

Gailey,
So you''re getting a rose quartz? Is someone sourcing the rough right now? Inquiring minds want to know.
2.gif
The rough is sourced already
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It’s going to be exciting to see these beauties set. Fire opal and rose quartz can be very beautiful, like yours, yet inexpensive at the same time.

vito89

Rough_Rock
What did you do with that rose quartz in the end? :?:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results