shape
carat
color
clarity

61% Table in Ideal H&A?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will just not have as much of a crown, and it will look pretty flat-topped from the profile view. But I have grown to like smaller tables because I think seeing more of the crown is more attractive. But there's nothing wrong with someone choosing that diamond, of course. It's just personal preference.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
Something to consider with a shorter crown height and larger table is how it can affect the "white" flashes or brilliance compared to the "fire" (color) flashes.

Many have noticed that sometimes larger tables like that can (a) make the stone appear to face up larger, and (b) increase the ratio of white flashes to color flashes.

I like fire personally. And those angles and proportions on their own don't answer all the questions about how the brilliance and scintillation will be. Still, it's stuff to consider for education. Food for thought. I try to learn something every day, so good post!

metatrix

Shiny_Rock
Re: 61% Table in Ideal H&A?

Just because a stone has hearts and arrows optical symmetry does not necessarily mean it has the best proportions. It just means that is was very precisely cut so that it is optically symmetric. Sometimes a non H&A stone can have better proportions and better light performance than a true hearts and arrows stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
metatrix|1403124324|3695963 said:
Just because a stone has hearts and arrows optical symmetry does not necessarily mean it has the best proportions. It just means that is was very precisely cut so that it is optically symmetric. Sometimes a non H&A stone can have better proportions and better light performance than a true hearts and arrows stone.
+1

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
That is an incredibly well cut, beautiful diamond. For those proportions, you literally could not have a better idealscope image: everything from the arrows, into the hot spots and out to the girdle. Just wow.

Bigger table aside, any PS vendor would be thrilled to have that diamond in their inventory (and that cutter on their team!).

treasurehunter

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Are all ''True hearts'' or ''hearts on fire'' H+A branded diamonds ideal proportions ?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen some people post here that not all True Hearts would qualify as true H&A at some of the vendors who specialize in H&A. But I really haven't researched that personally and they may be more strict now. I just look at each stone individually when I am looking for a diamond for someone and most are fine. HoF are just so overpriced that I wouldn't spend the time analyzing those!

metatrix

Shiny_Rock
Re: 61% Table in Ideal H&A?

There are criteria out there for H&A grading (e.g. HRD has quite extensive guidelines). But there is no one single 'official' set of criteria. And many vendors use their own in-house criteria for what constitutes hearts and arrows. So a stone being labelled 'hearts and arrows' doesn't mean anything by itself. Depends on who is doing the labelling. It's like buying food labelled as 'organic' - organic according to whom?

You need to check the hearts yourself.

And the only thing Hearts on Fire do is to set your wallet on fire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results