shape
carat
color
clarity

6.16 trillion spessartite by Precisiongem in 18K LOGR

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long enough title??

Well, I finally got it set. Here's the profile of the ring. The diamonds are tiny, but the gold is thick and heavy. I did not upgrade the diamonds, and they still sparkle. This stone was cut by Gene Flanigan and has visible inclusions, but the color is nice and it's huge, so the pricepoint was so good, I went for it. It was one of the stones he brought back from his recent Tanzanian trip.

The stone is more on the yellow side than my other two spessartites in rings. The setting is 18K, and I was impressed with the workmanship and even how thick the shank is. The stone glows in sunlight.

TLtrillionspessLOGRprofile.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outdoors closeup.

TLtrillionspessLOGR1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next to my other two so you could see the various colors of spessartite. I did this stone in 18K yellow vs white gold like the other two.

TLtrillionspessLOGR2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more shot from further away to see how gawdy all three orange rings look next to each other. You can see my son''s leg in the background (probably thinking mommy is crazy taking pictures of her rings).

TLspessringshand.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
all three are gorgeous!... TL do you think if you had it set in white gold instead it would have lessen the yellow color more? I love it though, and I love yellow so for me the more yellow the better
31.gif
30.gif

ETA: i'm sure you mentioned this before, but the pear is that an LOGR with upgraded diamonds? I'm looking for a pear in my future project and really love this look!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2009 8:07:54 PM
Author: D&T
all three are gorgeous!... TL do you think if you had it set in white gold instead it would have lessen the yellow color more? I love it though, and I love yellow so for me the more yellow the better
31.gif
30.gif

ETA: i'm sure you mentioned this before, but the pear is that an LOGR with upgraded diamonds? I'm looking for a pear in my future project and really love this look!
Thanks D&T!!
It did look more yellow after I set it, so probably white gold would have been better for this one. Oh well. It's still a lovely ring, so I'm not resetting it. The pear does have upgraded diamonds. I returned the original setting with SI diamonds to get this one with the upgrade. The SI's were cloudy and grey!! They were truly I-clarity.

I should also mention that my jeweler also did a great job setting it because they said the tips were not pointed on the stone. This is due to Gene's fancy touches giving rounded faceted corners, so they had to work hard on it to make the tips hold the stone tight in place.

ETA: About the yellow gold vs white gold for spessartites with yellow. I had a very yellow spessartite that I returned, and set it on top of a white gold mount and it looked
14.gif
. There's a fine line with spessartites on what you can set in yellow vs white it seems. Maybe rose gold might be another option.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Lots of lovely orange beauties. TL, you must really love the color orange.
2.gif

I love, love, love Gene''s stones. Absolutely wonderful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/5/2009 8:14:36 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Wow! Lots of lovely orange beauties. TL, you must really love the color orange.
2.gif

I love, love, love Gene''s stones. Absolutely wonderful.
Thanks FlyGirl. You think I like orange? What gives you that idea? LOL!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
That is a really nice setting for that stone. It looks like you are getting a full spectrum of spessartites.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I do like the yg with that spess. Wow, I don''t think it''s gaudy at all.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
TL, its beautiful!

I was waiting to see how it would be set. I really love the setting; the halo is minimal and places most of the attention to the spess, and you can really see it glow in the 4th picture. So pretty!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is gorgeous and looks right at home with your other spess beauties.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
LORDY thats such a lovely ring.... those colors look like rays of sunshine

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TL, you''re the one who made me fall in love with spess, I never thought I liked orange! That is one of the stones I wish I didn''t miss out on, I just love everything about it. I actually prefer more yellow spess so it looks really great to me, not to mention that size!
30.gif
If by any chance you ever want to let that baby go, can I pleeeeease get shot gun?
31.gif

p.s. I was admiring the way the V-prongs were done too. Nice job by your jeweler.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I love all three for their fabulous colours, my favourite setting is the pear, your new trillion stone would look stunning even in a simple bezel setting without diamonds.
30.gif
30.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
I''ve been waiting for this one
36.gif

... and I''m not disappointed. I really really like it. The color is fantastic, and with the other two it looks great. What a collection of orange sparkle. Oh, envy. Well, one day
2.gif
you''re an inspiration to me with spessartites.

I also think yellow gold looks great with the stone, but I like the yellow in that particular stone, it makes it sunny in my opinion.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh TL I hate you (in the nicest possible way you understand)!!!! I adore your ever growing collection of Spess. What a whopper your new one is but I have to say that if you EVER want to sell the pear, please please please can I be first in line? I ADORE IT!!!!!!

Lucky you. I may have to get you to go shopping for a Spess for me because you certainly have a great eye.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don''t usually like trillions but that is fabulous
9.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang!
23.gif
Thats a big #*@! stone!
36.gif
The color is gorgeous and looks great in that setting. I have a spess that I set in white gold and man o man did I regret it! (it got unset with all quickness) Spess is weird that way.

-A

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... Fanta stone! It''s gorgeous.
18.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
That''s quite the trilogy you''ve got there TL. But you''ve got one finger left! An oval perhaps?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GAH! What Juicy spesses you have TL! I think it is good that you did one with a yellow good setting. Nice to have variety. And boy Gene cut a Fablulous stone!!!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LtlFirecracker
Mochi
Szh07
MarcyC
Crickett
Thank you all!!!

Babyblue033 - Thank you!! Glad you like the v-prongs, it was a very challenging job for my jeweler, let alone the fact that the stone is included (another challenge most jewelers don''t want to deal with). I''m very glad I have my jeweler.

Lovinggems - Thank you!! I decided to do the minimal setting because 1) it''s cheaper 2) this stone is so huge that it didn''t need a ton of diamonds. I had to customize the head though to 11.6, so that was an extra fee, but the whole setting was only $327!! Can''t beat that for all that 18K gold and some diamonds as well!!

MariedTiger - Thank you, I wish I could lend you my stone to keep you warm in those dark cold Finnish winters. You are so sweet, and I''m envious of your new Mali garnet ring.

LovingDiamonds - I hate you to!!
2.gif
Especially because of that collection of yours that rivals most museums. OMG, those cuprians!! Oh yes, and you''ll have to get that pear from me by prying it off of my cold dead fingers (borrowing Chrono''s favorite phrase) - LOL!! You are a sweatheart my dear PS friend!! Thank you!

Deia - Thank you!!

Archadian - Thank you!! Which spess did you switch out? pictures??
31.gif

Kribbie - Thank you!!

Gailey - OMG, don''t give me any ideas!! I think I''m done with spessartites for the next five thousand years. LOL!! Thank you!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/6/2009 10:36:03 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
GAH! What Juicy spesses you have TL! I think it is good that you did one with a yellow good setting. Nice to have variety. And boy Gene cut a Fablulous stone!!!
30.gif
Thank you CCN. Missed your post while I was posting all my thank yous to everyone so far (you posted as I was typing). I like the variety with the stone colors as well. I wanted a Loliondo for some time, since I''m one of those collectors that is into origins as well as color. Gene did cut it very well. He opted to leave it large with the inclusions, and I''m glad he did!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Another flaming spess, TL!
36.gif

I didn''t see this one on Gene''s site - do you happen to remember the dimensions? I can usually peg rounds and cushions, but always have a hard time estimating trillions.

I like the yellow gold setting, and even if it did bring out more yellow in the stone, I don''t think that''s a bad thing - I myself prefer a more yellow spess, but maybe I''m weird.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-that''s so pretty! I really like the prongs on the setting. I like it in the yellow gold too!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, the one I had set was pretty small (5.5mm) But even that small it looked weird and almost cloudy in the white gold setting. I set it in yellow gold and gave it to my mom since I won''t wear straight yellow gold. It was very nice looking in the yellow gold.

and of course on her it looks great.
20.gif

-A

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Really looks like a big orange candy lollipop! I am so glad you got the stone and set is so promptly. While I am traditionally not into yellow gold, I''ve recently found a soft spot for it and it works beautifully with your great stone :) Glad you see you back!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Wow all rings are beautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani - Thank you! It's 11.6 mm and Gene had it listed but has since removed the listing. You can see his original vendor photo in his "latest cut gems" blog.

Packrat - Thank you, the yellow gold is really buttery too!

Arcadian - Thanks for getting back to me on the ring. I'm glad that your mom can enjoy the ring.
1.gif

SleepySpinel - Glad to hear from you - haven't seen you in a while either!! Thank you!!

Oddoneout - Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results