carat
color
clarity

$500 on any piece of jewelry

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1301497540|2883450 said:
*I* would get a small pair of diamond huggies. Might have to hunt around to find a decent pair at that price. I want something
small that I could wear everyday but also put dangles on to add some color and dress them up.

edit ...maybe something like these
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=32_69&products_id=1716

Small diamond huggies would be my pick, too. I think a stacking band with the aqua ring would look strange as a RHR. The aqua ring is gorgeous, by the way! :love: Really, earrings is about the only thing I can think of in that price range unless you do the Tiffany sterling. And I would rather have the gold and diamond huggies for $500, personally! These are cute, too:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5413

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-earrings/huggable-diamond-earrings-430.htm

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the diamond huggies from ID jewelry. The ones from BG are awfully pretty, too. We got them for my mother-in-law and they were super duper sparkly. Great quality as usual.

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the ideas, everyone! I don't know for sure that I'm even going to get something...and if I do I really do think it will be a gift for myself from myself (which I NEVER do...and which I am kind of hesitant to do too...)

I am liking these bands a lot--either to wear with my aqua (risking it looking wedding-set-ish) or just with my engagement ring and wedding band (my hubby's birthstone is aqua, so I am partial to them and I like wearing them for sentimental reasons):
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=2470 (I wrote to see if they can do this with aquas instead of sapphires)
http://www.bluenile.com/aquamarine-eternity-ring_17215

The thing is that I enjoy rings so much more than any other kind of jewelry because I can stare at them all day long! Earrings aren't as exciting to me, especially if they are as small as the huggies you all showed me--the huggies are very cute, of course, but as I said, I have a lot of hair and I think they might get lost with how small I'd have to go to stay in budget...

On the other hand, Tanzigrrl & JewelFreak, I have always considered buying a sapphire to set in my mom's original e-ring setting since my mom told me I could have the setting if I wanted it (it's for a round stone and is flanked by two tapered baguettes)...I was thinking this year for her birthday that I'd maybe get her an emerald to set in there for her (I posted a question in colored stones a little while ago asking about that), but I realized that that ring doesn't fit her anymore (too small for her--too big for me) and I don't know that she'd like a round emerald that I could afford anyway. (she also really only wears two rings every day and wouldn't want to switch them out, I don't think)

The only ring I ever sort of built (in other words, sourced the stone and then found another place to set it for me) was this aqua ring I showed you guys, but it was so much more expensive than I expected, even though it is just a solitaire. If I bought a loose colored stone I wouldn't be able to set it for a long time and if I'm going to bother to buy a piece of jewelry for myself for my 30th, I'd like to at least be able to wear it now...

rubybeth, what did you order for your 30th? I'd love to see!! Thank you for the ideas!

bean, Future Mrs. Williamson, dragonfly411, yiska & SDL, that rose gold sapphire band is beautiful--but I'm not sure I'm much of a pink person...maybe as a push present or something (in like 10 years when I'm ready to have kids, ha)

Boogins, I loooove the cartier rolling ring but how do you know if that's real? that would scare me...

iugirl, that amethyst ring is very pretty--but I actually have an amethyst ring so I'm not sure I need two...

suchende: I do really like Daniel M's work--but my concern is that this aqua ring is still pretty new and DH would be upset if I decided to get something else instead of this to wear on a pretty daily basis...plus i'm still enjoying it so much I don't think I need to get another RHR right now unless I'm talking about a stacker...

MissGotRocks: you know, I'm the worst--I never posted the photo of my replaced e-ring...which I LOVE. I honestly have never been able to take decent photos of it...I ended up with a 1.3c I SI1 brilliant cushion from Mark T at ERD in the Vatche X-prong setting. It looks very much like an AVC (even though it's not, but it has a very similar facet pattern--chunky and delicious) and it looks SO SO SO much whiter than my H round-cornered rectangular modified brilliant that I lost (which I'd still give my lovely lovely newer cushion back for, since it was the stone that my DH chose for me :(( ) and I truly love the chunkiness of the facets...maybe one of these days I'll get myself to take even halfway decent photos of it to share...

Astra: I've never seen Na Hoku before--what lovely jewelry! Thank you for the suggestion!

dani13

Ideal_Rock

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
alli_esq|1301583868|2884238 said:
Thanks for the ideas, everyone! I don't know for sure that I'm even going to get something...and if I do I really do think it will be a gift for myself from myself (which I NEVER do...and which I am kind of hesitant to do too...)

I am liking these bands a lot--either to wear with my aqua (risking it looking wedding-set-ish) or just with my engagement ring and wedding band (my hubby's birthstone is aqua, so I am partial to them and I like wearing them for sentimental reasons):
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_53&products_id=2470 (I wrote to see if they can do this with aquas instead of sapphires)
http://www.bluenile.com/aquamarine-eternity-ring_17215

The thing is that I enjoy rings so much more than any other kind of jewelry because I can stare at them all day long! Earrings aren't as exciting to me, especially if they are as small as the huggies you all showed me--the huggies are very cute, of course, but as I said, I have a lot of hair and I think they might get lost with how small I'd have to go to stay in budget...

On the other hand, Tanzigrrl & JewelFreak, I have always considered buying a sapphire to set in my mom's original e-ring setting since my mom told me I could have the setting if I wanted it (it's for a round stone and is flanked by two tapered baguettes)...I was thinking this year for her birthday that I'd maybe get her an emerald to set in there for her (I posted a question in colored stones a little while ago asking about that), but I realized that that ring doesn't fit her anymore (too small for her--too big for me) and I don't know that she'd like a round emerald that I could afford anyway. (she also really only wears two rings every day and wouldn't want to switch them out, I don't think)

The only ring I ever sort of built (in other words, sourced the stone and then found another place to set it for me) was this aqua ring I showed you guys, but it was so much more expensive than I expected, even though it is just a solitaire. If I bought a loose colored stone I wouldn't be able to set it for a long time and if I'm going to bother to buy a piece of jewelry for myself for my 30th, I'd like to at least be able to wear it now...

rubybeth, what did you order for your 30th? I'd love to see!! Thank you for the ideas!

bean, Future Mrs. Williamson, dragonfly411, yiska & SDL, that rose gold sapphire band is beautiful--but I'm not sure I'm much of a pink person...maybe as a push present or something (in like 10 years when I'm ready to have kids, ha)

Boogins, I loooove the cartier rolling ring but how do you know if that's real? that would scare me...

iugirl, that amethyst ring is very pretty--but I actually have an amethyst ring so I'm not sure I need two...

suchende: I do really like Daniel M's work--but my concern is that this aqua ring is still pretty new and DH would be upset if I decided to get something else instead of this to wear on a pretty daily basis...plus i'm still enjoying it so much I don't think I need to get another RHR right now unless I'm talking about a stacker...

MissGotRocks: you know, I'm the worst--I never posted the photo of my replaced e-ring...which I LOVE. I honestly have never been able to take decent photos of it...I ended up with a 1.3c I SI1 brilliant cushion from Mark T at ERD in the Vatche X-prong setting. It looks very much like an AVC (even though it's not, but it has a very similar facet pattern--chunky and delicious) and it looks SO SO SO much whiter than my H round-cornered rectangular modified brilliant that I lost (which I'd still give my lovely lovely newer cushion back for, since it was the stone that my DH chose for me :(( ) and I truly love the chunkiness of the facets...maybe one of these days I'll get myself to take even halfway decent photos of it to share...Astra: I've never seen Na Hoku before--what lovely jewelry! Thank you for the suggestion!

Would LOVE to see pictures of your new ring - I looked forever for posts about replacement but never did see anything - :confused:

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! I am so embarrassed I didn't post pics. Everyone here was so helpful when I was looking and then life got away from me and I have such a yucky camera. I will do my best to get some photos soon. In the meantime, here are a couple of photos from my wedding where you can KINDa see the ring...

(I know it's not enough--I will do my best to get better ones!!!!)

ringatwedding.jpg

ringatwedding2.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous wedding set and RHR!

How about a cocktail/special occasion ring? A halo with a colored stone?

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
alli_esq|1301583868|2884238 said:

I totally understand about preferring rings to other types of jewelry. I think I could get into bracelets for the same reason. I ordered the Whiteflash Danielle jazz band I've been wanting ever since I saw it, to stack with my e-ring and w-band. :love: It won't ship until next week, and my DH said I can't wear it until the week of my actual birthday (last week in April). :errrr:

ETA: this is the ring: http://www.whiteflash.com/right-hand-rings/danielle-jazz-bezel-diamond-right-hand-ring-174.htm

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I have the BGD diamond huggies (they are small but for whatever reason they look a lot bigger on my ears)and I cut my hair short again so I can really show them off. I love that they are so lightweight and I can wear them as everday earrings. But if you love rings then go for it, especially stacking rings because you can really change the look depending on your mood. Wear one or several, change the arrangement, etc. I have been thinking about getting stacking rings and wearing them on my right middle finger. I really want something in rosegold after seeing so many beautiful rose gold rings on here.

So go for it and treat yourself, because if you don't you'll regret it. Besides, your are only 30 once (39 multiple times...lol)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results