shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone rings - hard to find (I''''m new at this)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Krusty Burger

Rough_Rock
I am having difficulty finding a princess cut 5 stone w/ 2 step stone on each side. Looking for the center stone to be at .75ct, total weight up to 1.50, VSI/SI1, E-I color and white gold or platinum. The few jewerly stores that I have seen are priced at $8k-$10K, my budget is $3k-$4k. Is this the case of champagne tastes with beer money?

Perhaps I may have to custome order the ring. Can NE1 recc''md a online jeweler that offers quality diamonds and good custom work? Attached is a example of a ring that I like.

Thank you.
9.gif

5stone.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It might be do-able in gold.

www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com has several Signature Series Princess cuts in the 0.7 to 0.75 carat size that range in price from approx $1900 upwards to $2800 or so. Depending on the price of the side diamonds and the cost of the setting/mount, you might get the ring under $4K.

www.whiteflash.com, www.niceice.com, and www.goodoldgold.com also stock princess cuts that have been professionally evaluated. WF and Nice Ice don''t currently have any princess cuts in a price range that would meet your budget for the ring. And, for some reason, I couldn''t get the Good Old Gold website to respond tonite. Maybe you can check the GOG inventory by clicking the link above.
1.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are going to have difficulty doing that for the money you wish to spend - and getting good looking diamonds. There are always cheap diamonds out there that are dogs in the performance department.

2 choices, downsize a bit, or add more $.

Perry

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shouldn't be downright impossible...

Lets's say these are I color or so, and there are four square step cut sides next to the princess. Does that sound bad ? It may not work to keep in with the budget and do intricate custom work, but there must be some way.

For example, would a princess (or square radint) with small square step cut sides work ?

34.gif
Anyway, if you can locate a suitable ready-made setting, things may work out. You can always inspect wholesalers' catalogs for this (Adwar Casting and Stuller are two such sites).

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a sample of what resides on such catalogs ... then it''s up to the diamond seller you decide on to fit side stones and price the project.

Have you tried DCD ?

There are a few princess conveniently just above 70 points (not that the last 0.05 carat makes any difference of size, but there is a sensible price jump there) on their list. Among them this F-VS2

7311704.jpg

There is a page with side stone prices you might want to take a look at LINK.
There are many others suppliers of course, just not many with side-stone price lists, so this is what made me search that site of the bat.

Hope some of this helps
1.gif

ADCsquares.JPG

Krusty Burger

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the help!! I will try the websites you provided. I''m not that firm on .75ct for the center stone. It just happened to be on the ring that I really liked. I''m really open to all suggestions. I really need to do more research in trying to locate the "right" diamond and setting. For starters, this website is a great resource.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results