shape
carat
color
clarity

5 stone ring vs 7 stone ring vs eternity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

It''s been a while since I last posted
emembarrassed.gif
as I am trying not to be tempted by all the gorgeous rocks you all have here. Anyway, it is that time of year and I am thinking of getting either a 5 stone ring vs 7 stone ring vs eternity band. I''ve always admired eternity rings but I am afraid of its wearability. I think we''ve had a thread here before regarding a 5 stone ring vs. an eternity but I cannot find it
emcry.gif
. I am a busy mom of 3 so although I love the look of eternity bands, I am afraid if it will withstand the wear and tear of daily wear. I plan to wear it as a right hand ring. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
emsmile.gif

Thank you.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
do you know what carat weight you''d like? i think something like kcourselle''s 5-stone would be amazing (i.e. 1.5-2ctw). i also love jadeleaves'' mark morrell half-eternity band. i can''t remember exactly, but i think it''s a 9-stone with 8 pointers.

i''ve heard of soft platinum alloys bending, so that might be something to consider. budget-willing, i would personally have mark morrell design an eternity or 9 stone for optimal finger coverage without the bulk. that is, unless you want big stones, which is totally fine
2.gif

it sounds to me like you would be better suited with smaller stones (i.e. less than 2ctw). if you''re running around doing errands or taking care of your children, it would probably be easier if your ring was comfortable and didn''t protrude too much.

i adore the eternity look, and even though i''m fairly active (no children yet!), i decided to go with a memoire 1.54ctw petite prong band. i think that if you LOVE the eternity band, you should go ahead and get it.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Erika. Yes, I am only looking for something less than 2carats. I only have a size 4 finger and I want it to be comfortable for daily wear while running around with the kids. I have a 9 stone wedding band but with only .11 each so if I go with a bigger tcw then I think a 7 stone will have nice coverage. But then again, I would really like to think that an eternity band would be as wearable too. Now that I think more about it, I am thinking more towards a 7 stone vs eternity and abandon my quest for a 5 stone. Would you mind posting your band?

Thanks!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i''ll post my band when it arrives on wednesday.
9.gif

with smaller stones, i definitely prefer the look of the 7-stone to the 5-stone band. i love the tiffany 7-stone band, .91ctw, especially how nice and round the band is. jadeleaves'' band also has that nice round look. for some reason, the shape of most 5 and 7 stone bands bothers me.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
here is my new 1.56ctw Memoire band G-SI, 22 stones, with my .52ct RB e-ring

IMG_0035_edited-2.jpg

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
close up view of band alone

here''s a link to my new thread with loads more pics: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/memoire-1-54ctw-eternity-band.72495/

IMG_0052_edited-2.jpg

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Not everyone agrees, but I really like channel-set bands if you''re going eternity style, or more than 3-stone. You can get them with princess-cut stones, if you hate the look of gaps between round channel-set stones. Channel-set is super comfortable to wear, doesn''t make your fingers on either side itch, doesn''t snag, doesn''t scratch your desk at work (long story), etc. The trend seems to be toward prong-set and pave, but a nice channel-set ring gives you bling and comfort. I would look for a channel set that has holes under the diamonds on the inside of the band, for easy cleaning purposes.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Erika. Beautiful rings! I will check out the other thread you posted to see more pics :) Is the memoire band like an eternity ring?

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
my ring is an eternity, but memoire also does 5 and 7 stone bands.

i also agree that channel set eternity bands are very comfortable and easy to wear. it''s true, though, that the general trend is towards prong-set eternity bands. i think you should buy whichever style you''re happiest with.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Although eternity style is 100% GORGEOUS, no bout adout it
2.gif
I would much prefer a 5-stone that gave total top-of-the-finger coverage only. Why?! SIZE, BABEEEE, SIZE!!!!
31.gif
I mean, REALLY, there's only SO BIG you can go if you are encircling your entire finger -- you've gotta be able to comfortably close your fingers!

But with a top-of-the-finger only style, the sky is pretty much the limit, depending on budget (#$*! budget, anyway!) and ring size. For example, I think the look of five .40 - .50+ pointers are TO DIE FOR, and one of these days, yessssss, I WILL HAVE ONE!!!
1.gif

BTW, have you seen Demelza's new killer Sasha Primak 5-stone over in SMTR? OHMYWORD, every time I look at that, my heart skips a beat and I NEED MY SMELLING SALTS!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like a 5 stone band the best. I agree with Lynn after seeing Demelza''s in SMTR, I need some smelling salts too!!

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Ha-ha-ha-ha, Lynn! Thanks to all! I am thinking along the same lines. If the stones are big enough to cover the top of the fingers, then that would be ideal for me. I have a feeling an eternity would not be as comfortable unless it''s channel set. So, I think I''ve ruled out eternity. But, I guess it''s individual preference. I''d have to check out Demelza''s ring as you gals suggested.

Kaleigh, I''ve seen your band and it''s to die for :). I am starting small (hee-hee) so I''m considering a 7 stone ring about 1.25 tcw. I think it will substantial enough in a size 4 ring, don''t you think? Or does anyone think a 7 stone with 1.25 tcw be too wide for a size 4 finger? What I am afraid of is it will hit the sides of my finger and make it uncomfortable. I really like the shared prong instead of the channel set. If I go with a 5 stone and it''s only 1.25 tcw, would it cover the whole top of my finger or will it look too narrow? I would like it to cover the whole top finger without hitting the sides.

Thanks everyone!

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
WOW! WOW! WOW! I just saw Demelza''s ring and I am in LOVE, ha-ha! That will be something on my wishlist! That is some serious BLING!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I have a five stone and love it! Another benefit is not having to worry about sizing. My finger size changes with the season
6.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 7 stone will be too many for a size 4. A 5 stone with .25 each would be very nice, in my opinion! I have a 7 stone Memoire band that I wear as a wedding band (size 5.5) and the stones are almost 11 points each. So I would personally want a different look for a right hand ring, and I think 5 larger stones would not look so much like a wedding band.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Kcoursolle has a beautiful 5 stone ring. Her finger size is 4.5 and I believe the stones are about .31 points. Great finger coverage too.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a 5 stone 1 ctw in plat. and I love it. I wore it for years before we got engaged. Very comfy too. I love the look and idea of a prong set eternity, and thought I''d get one as my ering a while back, but when I tried them on they''re very uncomfortable for me. I think with kids, you might consider a nice channel set eternity...it wont get snagged on things like kids clothes, etc.! And a channel set band is very rugged. If you can find them with very thin edges, they can be really lovely.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies. I truly appreciate your opinion. Who knew it would be so difficult deciding?

Surfgirl, would you mind posting a pic of your 5 stone ring on your finger? What is your ring finger size? Thanks :).

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
I just saw kcoursolle and I LOVE it! I think I am sold on a 5 stone. Thank you!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
the 5 stones definitely are stunning! can''t wait to see how your ring turns out.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Surfgirl! You have a beautiful collection (boxes and jewels)! I LOVE your ering. Thanks for showing me your 5 stone ring. May I ask what your finger size is? It will give me a perspective on how a 1 ct tcw will look on my finger.

Thanks again!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the nice compliments r&p...My ring size is about a 7.75 - 8.0, depending on the ring shank.

rocks&purses

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again, surfgirl. I guess if the band is thin, then you can generally wear a quarter or half-size down, right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results