shape
carat
color
clarity

5 ct neon red Mahenge spinel in Whiteflash halo

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/16/2010 8:26:42 PM
Author: PrecisionGem
Chrono, how does this setting compare to an LORG? Just curious. I'm assuming you have an LOGR, maybe not. I haven't seen any person, and wonder if they measure up to this setting.
A very odd question: I purchased an LOGR several months ago to set one of my cobalt spinels. I have to say it is worth it for the price I paid. However a direct comparison is not possible for several reasons:
1. LOGR is mass produced, WF ring is 100% custom made (CAD, wax and the whole 9 yards)
2. LOGR has generic diamonds, WF has branded A Cut Above diamonds which are cut to precise measurements for maximum light performance
3. LOGR is white gold, WF is platinum

Still, I can say few things about both: both settings are worth every penny paid. When you look at the dollar value and end product, both are a good value for what they are and for the obvious reasons stated above. The WF ring is heirloom quality and I paid a price for the excellent workmanship, special materials and of course, the experience. With the LOGR, I paid a LOT less but for that price, I received something of quality that is unexpected for what I paid. It's not on the same level as the WF ring but do I care if I paid 1/10th of the price? Also, in terms of diamond quality, I consider the ACAs a maximum of 10. Using that scale, I'm happy to note that the LOGR upgraded full cut VS melees are somewhere around 7 or so on the same scale.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers! breathtaking!

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
WOW! That is one amazing ring. The only thing that would make it better (at least to me) is seeing it on my wifes finger
2.gif

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just what I expected from a piece belonging to Chrono... absolute perfection. Enjoy! (and if you ever get bored of - which I highly doubt - I will gadly take it off your hands
3.gif
)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we should just make this thread a sticky. Love that ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sal, Swimmer, Deia and TL,
Thanks. You all really know how to make both my heart and ego swell.
1.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
oh wow!!!! So very beautiful!!! Lucious color!!!!

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Great stone, great project, great outcome!...take another bow!!
emotion-19.gif

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Chrono,

Love the Mehenge ring.

Maurice

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amethyste and Jessi,
Thank you for your kind words.

Gary,
Thank you. Are you well settled in FL now?

MJO,
Thank you and welcome back to PS. I’m looking forward to your participation here again.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results