shape
carat
color
clarity

5.40 carat Peach Asscher Zircon by Gary Braun

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the Zircon in that setting. It''s lovely.

If you don''t decide to use that setting for it. I''ve got a few ideas that you might like.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani,
You take the most amazing gem photos. What''s your secret??? They''re always in focus and show off the color, and cutting so well.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly! That is one spectacular asscher!!! I love it in that setting!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I'll go against the current and say that, eventhough I Love your stone, I think spess would look better in that setting. Not because of the color, but because I think a cut with a more complex facet pattern (like that scissor cut of your spess) would work better with such an ornate setting than a step cut like an asscher. But if you think otherwise just ignore my ramblings
2.gif
I really love all the faces this stone puts on in different lightings, from those fleshy, smoked salmon tones, through burnt orange and coppery ones, to those tan shades - each is lovely in it's own way. But choosing a setting also depends on would you like it to be a more formal, or a more casual piece. For more casual I'd think about using rose gold, to play up the warm tones, while I'd go for a classic look in a yellow or white metal (either way with diamonds) if you'd like something more formal. It can work both ways, cause a generous size allows those formal designs to be considered, so I guess it's just down to personal preference.

gingersnap

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 9:41:50 PM
Author: cellentani
I was a little concerned about how the stone would look against my skin, and as you can see, when the light is low, it sort of blends right in. Funny thing is, my eye is so drawn into the faceting that the similarity in color doesn''t bother me as much as I thought it would.
That does seem to often be the case with peachy colored stones... but in all the pictures you''ve posted this one looks like it will hold its own! I''m sure it looks even better in person. Very pretty
1.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that is a gorgeous stone! It reminds me of peach iced tea.
3.gif
Just stunning, and the windmills...
30.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, that stone is stunning!!! It would look gorgeous held to your finger by a twist tie! It looks lovely in that setting, better than the spess (IMO), but I would also love to see it with a simpler setting to let the stone be the star. You can''t go wrong with whichever way you go. Congrats!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow.....
3.gif
Gorgeous stone cellentani!
30.gif
That setting really sets that stone off nicely.

-A

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your comments everyone! Let me throw up a few more pics, then I''ll get to answering everybody.

Here you can see the depth and pavilion differences - the depth on the spess is 6.4mm, and the zircon is 5.9mm.

GB 540 zircon 12A.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
The spess is 8.97mm square, and the zircon is 9.1mm square.

GB 540 zircon 13.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
In natural, but fairly low shaded light by the window.

GB zircon 15.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Same lighting conditions.

GB zircon 16.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Same window.

GB zircon 17-R.JPG

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Cellentani, that asscher is gorgeous! I especially love the shots in the sun.

As far as the setting goes I tend to prefer step cut stones to not be surrounded by brilliant cut stones, but that''s my own personal peccadillo. The mounting though really is gorgeous, and I do prefer the asscher in that setting over the spess. Anyway, enjoy your new zircon!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 5:13:32 AM
Author: Gypsy
I LOVE the Zircon in that setting. It''s lovely.

If you don''t decide to use that setting for it. I''ve got a few ideas that you might like.
Gypsy, I''d love to hear what you have in mind! Post away!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:17:21 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Cellentani,
You take the most amazing gem photos. What''s your secret??? They''re always in focus and show off the color, and cutting so well.
Thanks TL, I appreciate it. Over the last few months, I''ve taken thousands of photos, so I think I''m slowly improving. I actually just use a point-and-shoot, a Canon SD1000 that''s about 2yrs old. In macro mode, I''ve found that it''s imperative to keep the camera still, so that usually means resting it on something or using a tripod. Taking a pic of your hand is doubly difficult, because now you''ve got to keep two things absolutely still. I also adjust the white balance and lighting, to keep the colors as accurate as possible.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 10:30:08 AM
Author: ma re
I''ll go against the current and say that, eventhough I Love your stone, I think spess would look better in that setting. Not because of the color, but because I think a cut with a more complex facet pattern (like that scissor cut of your spess) would work better with such an ornate setting than a step cut like an asscher. But if you think otherwise just ignore my ramblings
2.gif
I really love all the faces this stone puts on in different lightings, from those fleshy, smoked salmon tones, through burnt orange and coppery ones, to those tan shades - each is lovely in it''s own way. But choosing a setting also depends on would you like it to be a more formal, or a more casual piece. For more casual I''d think about using rose gold, to play up the warm tones, while I''d go for a classic look in a yellow or white metal (either way with diamonds) if you''d like something more formal. It can work both ways, cause a generous size allows those formal designs to be considered, so I guess it''s just down to personal preference.
I was hoping you''d chime in ma re - I always enjoy hearing your setting opinions! My initial opinion favored the spess in that setting too, and I like the reasoning behind your opinion, but in person, the asscher comes across as having the more complex facet pattern. Despite the scissor pattern on the spess (which is only on the crown - the pav. is step cut), the facets often get lost in the deep saturation.

I tend to like more formal settings, even though I often wear them casually. I''d totally wear this ring with jeans and cashmere turtleneck. I wish I could see a diamond setting in rose or yellow gold - I''d love to see how that looks together!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2010 10:28:26 PM
Date: 1/17/2010 9:58:08 PM

Author: fierypyropixy

Peachy keen!
3.gif
(Yeah, I groaned at my cheesiness but had to say it anyway.) It''s beautiful, I''m envious!

And perfect setting! I think the white gold is better suited to the peach than the spess . . . the spess seems to crave yellow gold.
Hi fiery! I''d wondered about putting the spess in YG - I''m going to have to find some other settings, I guess. Any updates on setting your Cmas stones?

Haha -- Cellentani, you''re such a setting-pusher!
3.gif

I did send something off to someone last week, though. But not the Christmas stones. I''m happy to see you come over to the asscher side. . . more setting ideas!
25.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cell!
35.gif

Glad it all worked out...you were meant to have this beauty!!!
36.gif

Lori

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

cellentani, i wish i could take pictures like you! mine are garbage

39.gif

i have a similar asscher coming from gary too....

27.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 12:27:06 PM

Date: 1/18/2010 10:30:08 AM
Author: ma re
I''ll go against the current and say that, eventhough I Love your stone, I think spess would look better in that setting. Not because of the color, but because I think a cut with a more complex facet pattern (like that scissor cut of your spess) would work better with such an ornate setting than a step cut like an asscher. But if you think otherwise just ignore my ramblings
2.gif
I really love all the faces this stone puts on in different lightings, from those fleshy, smoked salmon tones, through burnt orange and coppery ones, to those tan shades - each is lovely in it''s own way. But choosing a setting also depends on would you like it to be a more formal, or a more casual piece. For more casual I''d think about using rose gold, to play up the warm tones, while I''d go for a classic look in a yellow or white metal (either way with diamonds) if you''d like something more formal. It can work both ways, cause a generous size allows those formal designs to be considered, so I guess it''s just down to personal preference.
I was hoping you''d chime in ma re - I always enjoy hearing your setting opinions! My initial opinion favored the spess in that setting too, and I like the reasoning behind your opinion, but in person, the asscher comes across as having the more complex facet pattern. Despite the scissor pattern on the spess (which is only on the crown - the pav. is step cut), the facets often get lost in the deep saturation.

I tend to like more formal settings, even though I often wear them casually. I''d totally wear this ring with jeans and cashmere turtleneck. I wish I could see a diamond setting in rose or yellow gold - I''d love to see how that looks together!
I was trying to find a nice and educated way to disagree with the venerable Ma Re
1.gif
Which believe me is not a step I undertake lightly, but I think you''ve hit the nail on the head Cellentani about the complexity of the cut on the spess being lost in the deep saturation. I really like the asscher in the setting. I''d like to see the spess in something less ornate so that the detail of the cut doesn''t have to fight with the setting.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2010 9:41:50 PM
I was a little concerned about how the stone would look against my skin, and as you can see, when the light is low, it sort of blends right in. Funny thing is, my eye is so drawn into the faceting that the similarity in color doesn''t bother me as much as I thought it would.
That is a very cool stone. I think the faceting is really nice!! Enjoy it!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the empty setting...

IMG_8649.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Another. And yes, I realize the bezel-set diamonds resemble headlights (I can hear everyone snickering!), but it''s truly not that prominent in person.

IMG_8653.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Side profile.

IMG_8656.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Friends.

IMG_8694.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Group shot!

IMG_8701.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s a *gorgeous* zircon!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results