shape
carat
color
clarity

5.28ct Square Spessartite Garnet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone, and I really like it in that first setting, but that''s just me - I love deeply colored stones in bright yellow gold, it''s just my thing.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it in the first 2 tone setting; firstly, the warm yellow really brought out the orange colour, and plus the ornate-ness of the design goes well with the cutting style and size of the garnet.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2009 9:49:37 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Nifty stone, cellentani! Love the color, and the cut, and the size looks perfectly fine to me.
9.gif

I know what you mean about size. I keep passing on the smaller stones, too.
1.gif
Thanks Fly Girl! Hey, I saw your new briolettes in the other thread - can''t wait to see them on your ear! Incidentally, since your jeweler is putting a loop through them, could you wear them as dangles on stud earrings, or would you need another loop or two?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
What a monster of a stone that is cellentani!
30.gif
Gorgeous!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thank you szh07 - it really is a statement ring, isn''t it? I''m a SAHM, and I volunteer in my kids'' school, so I''m having a hard time seeing that one work. And then there''s the price. Maybe if my family at beans and rice for a couple of months, lol.

fierypyropixy - Really?! You think it looks large on my hand, as in too large? I see to recall a certain amethyst of yours that would dwarf my spess.
9.gif
BTW, I found your album - great pics!

haagen_dazs, I use a Canon PowerShot SD1000. It''s a rather modest point & shoot (and about 2yrs old), but I think it takes great shots. All of my photos are taken in macro mode, and depending on the lighting conditions, I''ll adjust the white balance, etc. The pics with the tweezers aren''t really any different than the hand shots, I just find a good angle (so the camera isn''t blocking the light), and hold steady. I''m actually not using any tripod in these, but it could be helpful if you don''t have a steady hand. I also crop my photos. Hope that helps.

oddoneout, thanks for your nice comments!

TL, funny, it did enter my mind that I could set it that way, especially when doing those tweezer shots! Eh, I''m a little more traditional (or boring?) and will probably end up setting it square.

Wow, thanks klewis and marcyc!

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 9:51:12 AM
Author: cellentani

fierypyropixy - Really?! You think it looks large on my hand, as in too large? I see to recall a certain amethyst of yours that would dwarf my spess.
9.gif
BTW, I found your album - great pics!

Oh gosh no, not too large! It just POPS!
30.gif

Poor amethyst. It glares at me b/c I keep throwing new stones in the box with it instead of giving it the proper setting. It''s planned and all, I just keep spending the money on new roommates for the gem box.
15.gif

I''ve been discovered! *runs for the hills* haha - j/k and thanks!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Shut. The. Front. Door.

I love that stone. Thank god you bought it or had I seen it, I would have.

I also like the setting you showed, although I understand if it isn''t your preferred setting for it.

WOWZERS. Cannot wait to see this set.

Congrats to you!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that last picture!! SWWOON! That is just gorgeous!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/23/2009 9:29:05 AM
Author: cellentani

Date: 11/22/2009 9:49:37 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Nifty stone, cellentani! Love the color, and the cut, and the size looks perfectly fine to me.
9.gif

I know what you mean about size. I keep passing on the smaller stones, too.
1.gif
Thanks Fly Girl! Hey, I saw your new briolettes in the other thread - can''t wait to see them on your ear! Incidentally, since your jeweler is putting a loop through them, could you wear them as dangles on stud earrings, or would you need another loop or two?
I''m looking forward to getting the rock crystal briolettes, too. Currently my plan is to hang them from my new WF huggies. I think all they''ll need is one more small loop. But, I''ll have to be patient, because the huggies are at the jewelers right now, getting fitted with sapphire drops. I''ve gone dangle-crazy, I think.
9.gif

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dangle crazy is good! Dangles are a great way to show off coloured stones (and diamonds as well). Go for it, girl!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results