shape
carat
color
clarity

.46 vs .53

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jwlush

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

Just stumbled accross this wonderful informative site. Just wondering if I can get some opinions on these two rocks that I have narrowed down to. (She has hinted that she prefers around 1/2carat)

Diamond #1.

Ideal Cut
G Color
VS1
D 60.5
T 57.0
Crown Angle 33.4
Pavillion 40.9
Symm/Polish Ideal
Measure 5.01 5.02 3.04

Diamond#2

Ideal Cut
I Color
VS2
D 60.6
T 56.2
Crown Angle 35.4
Pavillion 40.4
Symm/Polish Ideal
Measure 5.22 5.24 3.17

Is there much difference in color from G to I if not compared next to each other?
I plugged the numbers into that HCA calculator and got 0.9 for #1 and 0.6 for diamond #2

It is going to be set in White gold or Plat.
Will the I color look white with a good cut like that?
Prices are almost the same.

Thanks in advance.

JL

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I bet they are both beautiful and hard to distinguish by color.
If size matters, you could search out lower clarity and get a little bigger stone for the same money.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'd get the I...why not?! both stones look intriguing...and i doubt in a stone that size you'd see much, if any, color differentiation when set. i have a 1.6c J set into platinum and it looks very white.

good luck!!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the I. It''s difficult to tell any hint of color in a well cut I, especially when set. The only time you''d notice it is if you compared it side by side with another stone. I''ve seen an ideal cut J in person, and it was white, even when I placed my F stone next to it. Granted, the cuts were different (J was a round, mine was an asscher), but the J looked extremely white even to my color sensitive eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results