shape
carat
color
clarity

4.79ct Tiffany Lucida_Skinner Auction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm considering bidding for this and have in mind an upper limit (it's on pages 46-47, item no 345):

http://www.skinnerinc.com/pdf/442_3.pdf?thisID=7426

I've posted a question on Rocky Talky to Nicrez about the mechanics of the bidding process (I think I am going to bid on the telephone). My other questions to you all are:

1) Since I won't be able to see the ring and the stone in person, I'd better have it independently appraised, right? So who in the Boston area would you recommend to do the appraisal, bearing in mind they may have to go to Skinner to do that (I don't think Skinner would send the ring to the appraiser)? or

2) Would a Condition Report and a Valuation report (don't know if the latter exists or not, haven't had a chance to speak to the jewellery people at Skinner) give me sufficient details?

3) If my bid is the winning bid, I am going to ask them to ship it to Chicago for us to pick up later when we visit DH's family. I think there's a storage fee and shipping/ insurance charges. Are there any issues I should be concerned with relating to storage and shipping, insurance?

4) My ring size is about 4 1/4 - 4 1/2. Should mine be the winning bid, I would like to have it re-sized by Tiffany in S'pore or Chicago or Boston, down from its current size 6. Would they able to do it? Would that "spoil" the beauty of the setting?

What other questions should I ask? I already know the estimate range, have already read the GIA report on the internet. Not sure what else to look out for. Am a bit concerned since I've never ever bought anything online, let alone something of this price magnitude.

Thank you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That certainly appears to be a beautiful ring and could be a real bargain! I can''t answer all your questions, but I probably would pay an appraiser to go examine it unless Skinner has some current information.

I also would definitely call Tiffany and ask them if a Lucida setting can be sized from a 6 to a 4 1/4. But don''t worry, if you get it and then can''t have it sized, I''ll be more than happy to help you out by wearing it on my right hand!
2.gif

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results