shape
carat
color
clarity

3rd Vaccine Dose Side Effects?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Curious for those who have gotten the 3rd vaccine dose, which one you got, what were your side effects, and how did your side effects compare to your 2nd dose?

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Husband had a sore arm and felt tired and achey about 26 hours after his dose. Was back to normal by 40 hours after. This was the same as his dose 2 reaction (Pfizer).

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moderna for all 3, side effects for #3 were less severe than #2 (mine were pretty strong). I had a low fever and chills. I was able to sleep through it. It was only a few hours. The sore arm was a few days, the worst for the first 48 hours.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Moderna #2 I developed a dull headache during the night which persisted through the next day. I also developed a low fever in the afternoon of that day. That morning I had a normal temperature.
I had #3 Moderna yesterday at 3:30..I started feeling my arm ache a little later in the day. I was able to sleep through the whole night. I usually have insomnia..My arm is pretty sore …but mainly when I move it. I’m hoping to get a little elevation of temp this afternoon. For the second one I didn’t have a fever in the morning. It started in the afternoon…so hoping I get something.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my mom just got the 3rd dose yesterday. She texted this morning that she feels worse after this dose than after the 1st or 2nd (aching, headache, etc). But overall nothing too bad and plans to sleep/relax/take it easy today.

EDIT. Should have added that her reactions to doses 1&2 were extremely mild (mine were much worse). From her text, I'd guess that her reaction to this 3rd dose is somewhere between mine for dose 1 (felt kind of bad for about 20 hours) and dose 2 (felt terrible and couldn't do anything but lay in a ball for 30 hours).

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Third dose? Like a booster?
I’m in Aus & I haven’t heard anything about a third dose. Please tell me more.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@wildcat03 Do you think a sore arm is a reaction to the needle or the vaccine? I’m just curious. Thanks!

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
@wildcat03 Do you think a sore arm is a reaction to the needle or the vaccine? I’m just curious. Thanks!
Vaccine/immune response. My arm was sore after 1st dose but almost unbearable after 2nd.

Also, I have given myself many (many) shots including IM shots (thanks, IVF) snd they don't really hurt much.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vaccine/immune response. My arm was sore after 1st dose but almost unbearable after 2nd.

Also, I have given myself many (many) shots including IM shots (thanks, IVF) snd they don't really hurt much.

Thank you! I’m happy it’s an immune response! I was starting to get worried I have a dud for an immune system..
I’m sorry yours hurt so much after the second one.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll be getting the shot for sure but I don't know when, just that I would get told sometime mid September. I'm a little scared though. I heard people had a much harder time with the shot after they've had covid.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First dose, swollen lymph node. Second dose, real sick; fever, chills, headache, everything hurt like hell. Third dose; headache, sore arm, chills, much less joint pain. Easier than dose two.
All three Moderna.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Third dose? Like a booster?
I’m in Aus & I haven’t heard anything about a third dose. Please tell me more.

In the US & the UK, we are now looking towards booster jabs (number 3) to improve efficiency of jabs 1 & 2.

Some people who had both jabs very early this year are now showing very low traces of antibodies.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
In the US & the UK, we are now looking towards booster jabs (number 3) to improve efficiency of jabs 1 & 2.

Some people who had both jabs very early this year are now showing very low traces of antibodies.

Thank you for replying. I’m happy for a booster any time if it keeps it at bay!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results