shape
carat
color
clarity

3ct G SI-1 MB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Ok my husband & I decided to stop in the Diamond District after lunch out today. We started talking to the Jeweler about a 2.5 F VS2 & somehow my husband got into a conversation on Flourescence. Next thing I know he whips out an eyeclean SI-1 G with Medium Blue as an example. OMG it was amazing they wouldn't let me leave the store but I did take it into the window. In full sunlight I could see the most amazing sparklies of blueish.

So now I'm wondering if I should look for something with MB in it. However, Husband is in the camp of F with no flourescence is the way to go since he thinks a Diamond should be white without flicks of blue or yellow. I think because the Jeweler mentioned it sells at a discount my husband feels it's less quality but I feel it looked so unique. I'm not getting rid of my original diamond ever & I would never get rid of the second so I don't think what it would sell in a secondary market should be a concern. We are having a major debate on this & wifey expects to win (lol).

I'm going to have to work on my husband on this one since this is a major purchase but do you all think I'm nuts for actually liking this effect. Now I don't have to buy this stone but I'm thinking I should focus my search on a diamond with Flourescence. No rush since this is an upgrade. Just wondering if any pricescopers out there are actually like me & are drawn by this bluish flashing thing going on.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My 2.00 carat diamond is a D with faint flourescence. But the appraiser said it is a "strong faint." It shows violet in all sunlight. I happen to love it. It sets my diamond apart and I always know it is mine. Not for everyone though.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
A lot of people like blue fluorescence. I am one of them
2.gif
Today fluorescence sells at a discount, but in the past fluorescence was all the rage. And who knows, it might very well come back into style in the near future. Personally, I love the look of fluorescence in stones in the H, I, J area because it does help the lower colors face up whiter. But I won''t turn away an F with medium blue either
2.gif

The only thing to be careful with with fluorescence is to make sure the stone does not appear milky or oily. It rarely happens, and usually with strong and very strong blue fluorescence, but just be aware of the possibility so you can make an informed choice.
1.gif

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a D with strong blue and I love it!

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Well Thanks for your replies everyone. I'm off to get ready for a 7pm dinner reservation. Hopefully, after my husband downs a few glasses of wine & a romantic Saturday night together I'll get him to say yes to anything (lol)... I'm going to show him some pics of your ring with the D & strong flourescence (I love it!) & a copy of other pics I found of some rings with MB/Faint on pricescope off my color printer.

Wish me luck - a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do for that rock (lol).

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi..

I have a strong blue flour. H RB 1.77 stone and it is so ice white and amazing. My ring has so much BLING!!!

I love the fact that my price was great and the discounted prices didn''t bother me.

GL

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My ering has medium blue and my asscher has strong blue. I love it!! Good luck with hubby and have a nice dinner. Wine always helps, hehe.
31.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even for resell & ''value'' or what not point of view... you are getting a discount for the fluorescence for whatever reason and there are many diamonds with some fluorescence, it isn''t like you are getting a 1 in 1000 freak that no one would ever want.

As for preference, I am in the same camp
2.gif

38.gif
Btw. as far as I know, it isn''t ''quality'' that cases the discount but history: fluorescence has been used as a pretext to over-grade color. And the current discount is the (understandable) bad aftertaste of the story. In fact, some studies maintain that the bias still persists, but aside the reputation of the source (Martin Haske''s Adamaslab) I have no idea how serious this is. Since fluorescence is quite attractive (I agree 300% with you on that
1.gif
), I hope prices would reflect that again at some point. Sure enough, this is my 2c - not an expert opinion.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I too have a flourescent stone and love it!!! Mine is an E color with medium blue. I particularly like the plugged-in look is has with indirect sunlight. Enjoy your wine with dinner!
31.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Mine has very strong blue flourescence. I love the effect. I also like doing my nails and seeing it under the UV light used to cure the polish, LOL! If you go anywhere there is a black light, like cosmic mini golf, a dance club, etc., you may notice the flourescence a lot. I happen to love that, though.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond has no flour. but I wouldn't mind if it did. I think it's pretty & unique.

When I got engaged, my mom said, "WOW! Gorgeous rock! But the really expensive ones flash streaks of blue." I had no idea what she was talking about until I read up on flour. Aha!

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies & information just thought I''d give you all an update:

He said Yes so Feminine wiles save the day! I may not be a spring chicken but I can sure as heck turn on the charm (ok wine helps the rest I''m not telling
31.gif
). Poor hubby fell victim to my "Mission Blue Sparkly".. and now I can begin my search for the perfect rock. Yipeee!!!

After months of debating & trying to narrow down what I really want in a diamond I feel like I can finally search in earnest. Oh what a feeling!!

Flashy blue here I come...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wine and wiles are the best.
9.gif
good luck...i love some blue in a stone, it may take you a little while to find a 2-3c with med blue that is well-cut...they are scarce to begin with but with fluor, yum!! have fun !!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, if this were in my budget, i''d snap it up in a heart beat for the stone..

linky

tem: 042PO1 - Here''s a beauty! Signed VanCleef & Arpels NY #35064. Platinum 2.48ct New GIA certificate VVS2 F Very Good cut grade, medium blue fluorescence. 8.8mm x 8.89 x 5.23mm. Circa 1960''s Wholesale priced.

042PO13.jpg

TxBlonde

Rough_Rock
My Asscher has strong Blue Fluor. I specifically asked for it! I love the look! I have a G with strong blue.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results