shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone settings options

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pugletlov

Rough_Rock
Hello all! My boyfriend and I just bought a beautiful diamond, 2.56 Radiant cut, with 2 trapizoids on the side and I am looking for a different type of 3 stone setting. I like it when you can see the side and bottom of the diamond but I do not like it when the setting is so big that it takes away from the beauty of having the 3 stones sitting together. Does anyone have any pictures of settings to share?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow congratulations on your new boulder!! I think you need to have your ring design be all about prongs. You need everything elevated and wirey. That would lessen the bulky look I think you are trying to express not liking. But because of your cornered stone...care and attention need to be taken to protect your corners. Hum. Your setting is going to be BIG because you have a Boulder to house.
36.gif
You just want to make it as dainty as possible, right?

I think Leon may have a few for you to look at.

Oh happy day! Congrats! DKS

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you mean like this?

DSC0016.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2005 12:08:25 PM
Author:pugletlov

I like it when you can see the side and bottom of the diamond but I do not like it when the setting is so big that it takes away from the beauty of having the 3 stones sitting together.
The KISS approach
2.gif

r148-05W.jpg

The Quest setting needs those relatively thick wires (they are probably cast anyway) to support the stones so high. These classic ones not so.

With the basket wires tucked away like that, this ring should fit flush with the wedding band too - which is unusual for three-stone rings.

Just a thought

The picture comes from HERE and for more or a detailed view of the ring you would have to call them, I am affraid.

pugletlov

Rough_Rock

BELLE!!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I AM GOING TO SEND IT STRAIGHT TO MY JEWELER NOW. YOU ARE THE BEST!

And thank you DKS for the well wishes :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results