shape
carat
color
clarity

3 stone e-ring question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

youjane1

Rough_Rock
Let''s assume for the center stone I was going to get like a 1 carat A Cut Above H&A diamond from WF. Like an H, VS1. How important would the specs on the side stones be if they were only like 0.3 carats each? I''m looking at some of their expert selection which are similar color and clarity, but they only have "Very Good" polish and symmetry. Would those be okay for the side stones or would the ideal center stone make them look worse in comparison?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 9:23:25 PM
Author:youjane1
Let''s assume for the center stone I was going to get like a 1 carat A Cut Above H&A diamond from WF. Like an H, VS1. How important would the specs on the side stones be if they were only like 0.3 carats each? I''m looking at some of their expert selection which are similar color and clarity, but they only have ''Very Good'' polish and symmetry. Would those be okay for the side stones or would the ideal center stone make them look worse in comparison?

Ohmyword, yes. They would be FINE! You need not worry at all about that. Pinky swear!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

youjane1

Rough_Rock
what about a slight difference in color? Like if the smaller stones were slightly better or worse than the center stone? How noticeable would that be?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2006 9:31:25 PM
Author: youjane1
what about a slight difference in color? Like if the smaller stones were slightly better or worse than the center stone? How noticeable would that be?

Very little, IMHO. I think you could safely go a color grade or two either way with either side stone (assuming all were graded by reputable labs - a non-issue if you go with ACAs or ES stones.) And don''t worry about "matching" clarity (thought that might be your next question!
2.gif
) If all the stones are eye-clean, that''s all you need!

Sounds like a fun project, BTW!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Not at all. I have a 2+ ct E center and one of my .50 sides is a G. I can''t see a thing.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 1.04ct J center and my sides are 18 points each, G color. All are rounds, with my center stone being one of Whiteflash''s Expert Selection ideal rounds. While the color difference is not noticable from the top, it is from the sides.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Smaller stones don''t tend to show colour from the side quite as much as there is less stone for the light to pass through. Excellent cut stones also face up much whiter than poorly cut or older cuts (eg OEC, OMC etc.).

If you''re planning on getting your side stones from the same place as your centre stone then maybe you can ask for some pics of the 3 together?

Wink Jones was great with my side rubies as he photographed them next to a diamond of equivalent colour to my centre stone, just so I could see what it would look like. Nice customer service!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results