shape
carat
color
clarity

3-prong vs. 4-prong round diamond pendants?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

june48

Rough_Rock
Which do you prefer and why? I''m a little torn. My e-ring is 4-prong, but 3-prong is gorgeous too!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I just had my .25 carat diamond pendant reset into white gold with 3 prongs instead of 4 prongs and the difference is great! I love it! It shows off the diamond much more than the 4 prong. My little diamond just pops! I will be posting pictures this evening!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
i have a 4 prong pendant and love it. i know my opinion is in the minority here but i like the 4 prongs (versus 3 } for pendants, earrings, etc. although i do like it too when the diamond is fixed on the pendant chain.. i think that is classy and stylish.

diamond4ever

Rough_Rock
this may be offtopic, but I''m undecided with what setting/prongs for my engagement ring. it''s .50.

I saw this gorgeous 3 prong setting, but i''m concerned it may jeoprodize the security of the stone.

any comments?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/6/2006 6:42:17 PM
Author: PunchNPie75
i have a 4 prong pendant and love it. i know my opinion is in the minority here but i like the 4 prongs (versus 3 } for pendants, earrings, etc. although i do like it too when the diamond is fixed on the pendant chain.. i think that is classy and stylish.
That makes two of us. My tennis bracelet is 4 prongs and so are my current diamond studs and e-ring. I guess I like the symmetry of an even number of prongs.

cobrateach

Rough_Rock
Four prongs all the way for me.....

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to put in a vote for the 3 prong here. I have the 3 prong pendant setting along with 3 prong martini style earrings along with a 3 prong tennis bracelet, and I really like the look. My e-ring has 4 prongs, but I''m not the matchy type person. I have a diamond and sapphire e-ring and w-ring, but the rest of the stuff I wear is all diamonds. I guess I just like to be different. So, I think you should go with what you prefer and don''t worry about matching the number of prongs.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Is there any difference in how much a pendant will flip with 3-prongs vs. 4-prongs?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a four prong and love it. I have never had a problem with it flipping. Admittedly, I have no 3 prong settings so I have nothing to compare it to so I guess I''m no help at all!!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love 3 prongs but i have a 4 prong regent pendant and i love it too. i think that if the setting is done right either way it will be beautiful with minimal flipping. good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results