shape
carat
color
clarity

3 happy things!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies-

I don''t know if you''re anything like me, but I always find this time of year to be super stressful: the weather has turned bitterly nasty, my exams are looming (I so don''t know anything about substantive due process) and ensuring the holidays are lovely takes a toll.

Given that, I propose we each come up with three things that make us happy. They don''t have to be big monumental things - in fact, I think the smaller the better - but three things that put a smile on our face.

So, what are your three things?

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my three:

1) I had lunch (yummy Indian buffet!) with a very good friend of mine so she could tell me the juiciest gossip. Usually when people promise something is HUGE it disappoints, but this was actually crazy interesting and surprising news.

2) Pepperidge Farm Cinnamon Swirl bread. A minute in the toaster and it is all warm and comforting and delicious. Best with a glass of milk.

3) This purse. I have it in purple and love it so much I just bought it in black, too. The leather is unbelievably soft and it fits all my stuff like a dream!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
good idea sillyberry!

1) my doggie. Love her to pieces even though she drives me insane and is super needy
2) going to see cirque du soleil's "Ovo" with my sister tonight
3) Karl Lagler Gruner Veltliner...been drinking it a lot after work lately. it's quite tastey.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
1) My beautiful amazing daughter, who thinks every man with a beard is "SANTA!!!!"

2) Warm, made from scratch Toll House cookies

3) A warm bath with Victoria''s secret bath gel while admiring my fabulous Christmas tree and listening to John Mayer''s new album
30.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love this!

My three today are:

1) My new job, and the office holiday lunch (at a really fancy place!) that I got to attend even though I''ve only been working there a week.

2) B, for picking me up after said holiday lunch, where altogether too much wine was served
3.gif

3) New tires on my Jeep!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Oooo! I''ll play!

1) 50% off my fave costume jewelry at a boutique...I pointed at what I liked and left, and A walked out with a big bag!!!

2) Veal meatballs. I just had these at dinner and they were A-MA-ZING.

3) The Small Talk thread. I had so many giggles in there today there was no way I could be sad!

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
1- Tonight was the first night of Chanukah that my man and I are living together. It was fun to light the candles and say the prayers, and start our family traditions!
2- My winter hat. It is fuzzy and warm and fantastic. Since it''s been below zero the last few days in Chicago, I''ve been rocking it!
3- Taking my first final for this quarter. I know I still have 3 more next week, but I think I really nailed the first one!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
These are all great! Happiness makes me happy! Sometimes I forget to stop and appreciate the little things.

Cush, I too am cold in Chicago and taking my finals for the quarter. I have my last one tomorrow, then Sunday morning boy and I are going to Cancun.

Now THAT is something to be happy about!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, fun idea!

1) I''m echoing Jewelz here with the candlelit hot bath, with the Mozart Requiem in the background.

2) Snuggling up with my boy

3) Whizzing around the few tight curves my city''s streets have

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
What a perfect thread for me! I''m currently writing my final papers and need to think of happy things!

I have many happy things, but here are my three of the moment:

- Snuggling with my BF
- Tiramisu
- Christmas music (and by this, I mean GOOD classic Christmas music, not the crappy pop-Christmas stuff)

1.gif

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
A very warm welcome home from BF after a long day of studying at school

Spaghetti alfredo

My cozy warm hotpack (mmmmmm!)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i love wrapping presents and giving them to my friends and watching them open them!

tomorrow will be a fun mix of work, friends, studying, and wine
18.gif

i get to spend a whole week with M soon
30.gif

babycush

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sillyberry I hope that your last final went/goes well!! You are so lucky to be headed into the warmth tomorrow! I''m sure you''ll have a great time. I''m not done until Friday
39.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
my dogs! they''re crazy-happy to see me every day, and they can always make me smile

our christmas tree
21.gif
it''s our first christmas as a couple, and my first christmas tree in 10+ years

perfume .. i''m running out of the one i''ve been using, and am excited to get a new one

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Ok, these aren''t little things, but I''ve been so busy studying, I haven''t had time to notice the little stuff!!

1. Being finished with 7 of my 8 final exams.
2. Looking forward to seeing my family for the first time since July. I even missed out on Thanksgiving, so we''re going to recreate it once I get home!
3. My 5th dating anniversary is coming up!! Something about half a decade just feels kinda special.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/11/2009 7:35:05 PM
Author: jewelz617
1) My beautiful amazing daughter, who thinks every man with a beard is ''SANTA!!!!''
3) A warm bath with Victoria''s secret bath gel while admiring my fabulous Christmas tree and listening to John Mayer''s new album
30.gif

Aw, reading this put a smile on my face! And, my DD, and I just finished making Toll House cookies, hehe!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
1) Our sweet, charming, humourous DD. Watching her grow up so quickly is hard to deal with at times, but I''m so proud of the smart little girl she''s becoming. She''s wise beyond her years, and she''s my happiness in every day. I consider myself lucky to be her Mommy.

2) My relationship with Mr. H. Yes, we''ve had some lows in our 9 years together, but we always manage to come out of them stronger than ever, ''cause we''re there for each other. He''s the love of my life, and I''m so lucky to have him!

3) Hometown visits to see my Dad, and BFF.. always a good time, and many laughs to be had!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Tis a new day, so I have three new things:

1) Wearing my boy''s sweatshirt (particularly his really old Bears one, but he has it with him so I''m making do with the White Sox one) - they are bigger and cozier than mine and smell like him!

2) Yesterday the worker at Argo Tea gave me an extra macaroon, so I have one to eat today, too!

3) Watching my cats chase their tails. They are six years old and suddenly have started to chase their tails and it is amazingly entertaining and adorable to watch each and every time. I sometimes wonder if this is what parenthood is like!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
By the way - with open arms I welcome to join in the happiness ladies not in waiting: singletons, brides to be, newlyweds, and the paragons of long and happy marriages!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 1:45:52 PM
Author: sillyberry
By the way - with open arms I welcome to join in the happiness ladies not in waiting: singletons, brides to be, newlyweds, and the paragons of long and happy marriages!

sillyberry, this made me giggle!

My 3 things for today:

1) SUNSHINE!!! Even though it''s cold, the sun is still so lovely!
10.gif

2) Wrapping Christmas presents. I''m putting a lot of effort into it this year so they''re all pretty!!!
3) Sending Christmas cards to FF''s family. Our first set of Christmas cards together!
9.gif

Best of luck to everyone studying!!!

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
great idea

1. warm bubblebath with candles all around

2. warm brownies with ice cream

3. making slow, sweet love with my SO this morning
31.gif

i am so blissed out right now aaaaaaaahhh....

2.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2009 12:07:12 PM
Author: MrsHToBe
Date: 12/11/2009 7:35:05 PM

Author: jewelz617

1) My beautiful amazing daughter, who thinks every man with a beard is ''SANTA!!!!''

30.gif

Aw, reading this put a smile on my face! And, my DD, and I just finished making Toll House cookies, hehe!
Christmas is so much fun when you have kids. Years of adulthood can kind of make it stressful but when you have your own children you remember how much FUN it is!
9.gif

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
Love this thread idea!

1. Having today off and still being in my PJs at 3:30 pm while I''m cooking some tasty pasta for lunch.
2. BF being finished with his classes FOREVER! (Well, unless he eventually decides to do grad school.) We haven''t had more than two weeks of him without classes in the 2+ years we''ve been dating.
3. This super great sparkly red nail polish I have. Festive!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
SB, I *heart* your new avi!

My list for today:

1) Brand-spankin new blue flats from Steve Madden with rockin bling that have gotten a TON of compliments at work today!
2) Dance class tonight!
3) Getting to see my friends at dinner this evening to celebrate another successful volleyball year!

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Hello from Cancun! If bf was going to bring his laptop, I figured I should at least get some use out of it! My three things:

1) 85 degree weather
2) the hot stone pedicure I got today
3) banana mama drinks from the swim up bar

notice a theme?!? :)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh sillyberry you''re too cruel
39.gif
9.gif
well it was -36 here this morning and i nearly froze my knickers off...but let me see...

1) the amazing Christmas tea my friend sent me from Whittards. Its a Christmas blend with orange peel, cinnamon and spices!
2) planning Christmas dinner...i lurrrve roast dinners and ive finally mastered roast potatoes!
3) in an effort to maybe get some pres for the animal shelter where dear blackpaw came from, ive made a facebook fan page for him (he goes by the name of Footloose IRL)...and he has 23 fans so far! Bless anyone who''ll support a pawless cat i say
9.gif

36.gif
really great idea sillyberry - helps us to keep track of what''s important at this special time of year
12.gif

oopps i have a 4) my SO - he makes me laugh every day!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Sleepytime Tea and all of its glorious side effects.
2. Buying presents for DH for our first Christmas as a married couple.
3. Listening from the other room while DH has conversations with the cats and he thinks I''m not listening. It melts my heart.
30.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
1) i had coffee this morning!

and that means i''m too hyper to think about #2 and 3
19.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Aw this is sweet. Mine at the moment are:

1. I get to see all of my bestest bestest friends this weekend, who I haven''t seen since August or earlier.

2. After Friday, I get to spend 2 weeks at my parents place in chicago (where I grew up, hence seeing the besties) and sleep in, and enjoy how pretty that house is at christmas.

3. Spending two weeks AWAY from my roommates!

Haha can you tell I''m excited to go home on Friday?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
1) Beautiful Christmas lights this time of year

2) my SO deciding to start running with me and agreeing to do a 5k the weekend before Valentine''s day!!!!!!!!!

3) The Santa statue I got for my sister to give to my mommy for Christmas. She loves Santas
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results