shape
carat
color
clarity

3 carat solitaire found in northern VA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am surprised that the jewelry store did not have records on who purchased a 3 carat ring and could not locate the owner that way. Oh well.

Given that they are depending on publicity and the nature of things: 50-50 odds that the owner is found.

If not, Keith and his wife will have a well earned bonus this year.

Perry

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 10:21:54 PM
Author: perry
I am surprised that the jewelry store did not have records on who purchased a 3 carat ring and could not locate the owner that way. Oh well.

Given that they are depending on publicity and the nature of things: 50-50 odds that the owner is found.

Perry
Perry, I agree, you would think they would have a record for a ring of that size or at least remember the sale!! I wonder what happened too? That was nice of that couple to look for the owner, some people wouldn''t. I would have thought they would take it to the police instead though, oh well.

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
I live in the DC area and when I heard this story...LOL...I immediately started wondering about the ring''s stats (cut, color etc) and simultaneously thought what would PSers think about this!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
The article mentions the ring is at least three years old, so I suppose it's not that strange that the store didn't remember to whom it was sold. I hope the original owners are able to find it and thank the couple for returning it.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully not thegoat''s wife for a third go around
9.gif
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 10:21:54 PM
Author: perry

Perry
This story was on my local news because I live in northern VA. My ring is also from Mervis! I''m not surprised, though, that they didn''t know who bought it, because I see tons of 3 ct rings in my area, and Mervis sells lots of stones that size.

Bev

Shiny_Rock
Wow. What great people. I hope whoever lost their ring finds it! I wouldn''t know what to do if I lost a 3ct ring!

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
I live in NoVa, too, and we were out of town with family this weekend. My parents have satellite tv, so we were able to watch the local news. My sister and I both saw this story and our jaws dropped. Has there been any updates on this?

Is Mervis located in Tysons? I think I went there with a male coworker to pick up his girlfriend''s ring several years ago ....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results