shape
carat
color
clarity

3 a.m. realizations

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Snacking before going to bed is a young person's game, maybe something I could have pulled off 30+ years ago, but not now!
Ok, this one I knew, but I suppose every few years I need a reminder. :oops2:

I am bad about completing jewelry projects. I realized I have gemstones, a pear diamond, a 3 carat pear lab diamond, all that I've bought some time in the past few years, and I haven't even begun to think about settings!
Now that alone doesn't seem that bad, I'm sure many here can relate ;)2............but then I found a box that I had completely forgotten about, that contained stones I going to make a bunch of travel/fun jewelry with, and those were bought about 13-15 years ago!

The evidence:

Attachments

• IMG_3728.jpeg
    IMG_3728.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3729.jpeg
    IMG_3729.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3731.jpeg
    IMG_3731.jpeg
    150.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3734.jpeg
    IMG_3734.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3738.jpeg
    IMG_3738.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 37

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a wonderful surprise to find those pretties

i am on ban island not just due to (lack of) personal finances but to finish projects so i can wear them
the year is ending on a high note
so best wishes getting some of those gems set in the new year , it feels so good to wear some of these history pieces

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
what a wonderful surprise to find those pretties

i am on ban island not just due to (lack of) personal finances but to finish projects so i can wear them
the year is ending on a high note
so best wishes getting some of those gems set in the new year , it feels so good to wear some of these history pieces

Thank you so much!! It was a fun surprise.
When I have time this evening I'm going to search for paperwork (on the stones from 13 - 15 years ago) I think I know what they are, as they were the most realistic cz's I had seen. I do remember the blue sapphire being a natural ceylon, and the two orange/reddish orange stones being spessartite. It would be 100% me to still take a wrong turn in a neighborhood I've lived in for decades, but remember the stones I bought 15 years ago.

Good luck with finishing your projects, and wear them in the best of health and happiness! I'll look forward to seeing pictures posted!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! I can see me doing something like this, @MrsC Jewelry. I collected a few colored gems many years ago with the intent to set them into who-knows-what. They sat for ages, and if I were to go look for them...I don't know where they might be. Fortunately, they were very inexpensive.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
You are far from being alone. I have so many to set that it's hard for me to even decide which one to do first, and drive my jeweler crazy bouncing from one to another.

I will admit that I bought a pink fcd in the early 2000s thinking I would sit on it and resell to help finance my daughter's college tuition (she was a toddler then). This past May she graduated magna cum laude and it still sits in my safe. Sheesh. Perhaps for her child (whenever/if ever that happens!) Maybe I'll have my act together by then!

Last edited:

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
LOL! I can see me doing something like this, @MrsC Jewelry. I collected a few colored gems many years ago with the intent to set them into who-knows-what. They sat for ages, and if I were to go look for them...I don't know where they might be. Fortunately, they were very inexpensive.

I just knew I'd be in good company!

I figured I couldn't be the only member of the "ooooh, I like that, I'll buy it and put it away for safe keeping and set it one day" club.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
You are far from being alone. I have so many to set that it's hard for me to even decide which one to do first, and drive my jeweler crazy bouncing from one to another.

I will admit that I bought a pink fcd in the early 2000s thinking I would sit on it and resell to help finance my daughter's college tuition (she was a toddler then). This past May she graduated magna cum laude and it still sits in my safe. Sheesh. Perhaps for her child (whenever/if ever that happens!) Maybe I'll have my act together by then!

I did figure this is the place to share such realizations, that the wonderful people here would understand, and have some great stories as well, like yours!

Congratulations to your daughter!!

If you find where you put your "get my act together" I would greatly appreciate you looking around to see if mine is hiding there as well.

MrsC Jewelry

Rough_Rock
Your junk drawer is of much higher caliber than ours!

Wort case I guess you can make a cool kaleidoscope...

Screen Shot 2023-12-06 at 7.29.35 PM.png

My junk drawer appreciates the compliment :lol-2:

Now obviously my creativity is subpar because I let the stones sit in the drawer, but LilAlex your creativity is next level impressive! I think they have to be made into a kaleidoscope now! :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results