shape
carat
color
clarity

3.92 carat diamond found

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
MURFREESBORO, Ark. - A Wisconsin man digging at an Arkansas diamond park with his fiancee Tuesday found a 3.92-carat white stone, but the rock will go into his collection because his betrothed already has a ring and a setting.

Eric Blake, 32, of Appleton, Wis., spotted the stone along a trail at the Crater of Diamonds State Park when he set down a 70-pound bucket of mud that he was carrying to a wash basin. "I put the bucket down to switch hands. I looked down and there it was," Blake said.

Blake found a 1.49-carat stone Monday. The larger one is big enough to fashion into jewelry but Blake hadn''t decided whether he will have it placed into a setting. "I only found it an hour ago," he said.

Blake, a carpenter, said his grandfather had taken him to the state park about 15 years ago and that he returns two to three times a year. "We usually find something," he said.

His fiancee Susan Gabrielson — who has "only one carat on her finger" — her daughter Sayde and Susan''s sister Sarah accompanied Blake to the park this week. Susan found a 1.47-carat stone and some smaller gems Monday.

"We''re going back out today. We''ll take a lunch and then go back into the field," Blake said.

More than 700 diamonds have been found at the park this year.

The Crater of Diamonds park is the world''s only diamond-producing site open to the public and visitors can keep the stones they dig up. The largest diamond ever found in the United States, the 40-carat white diamond named Uncle Sam, was unearthed in 1924 at the Murfreesboro park.

This article was on yahoo news....

So has anyone actually done this???? My bf brought it up to me about going once for a trip but where do you stay?
Anyone else here found anything before?? I know there was a thread a long time again I just cant unearth it anywhere...

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
totally jusr realized SanDiegoLady already posted it...
oops! Sorry.. :)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 2:53:50 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/24/2007 11:37:29 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Its funny.. he found this enormous rock.. to go in his collection because his fiancee already has one? PULEASE.. get that puppy cut and stick it on my finger! LOL
YUP!!!
31.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I keep thinking that someday I''m going to take my kids and go on a road trip and put them to work digging.

Can you just see me with my box of bon-bons in a lawn chair, "Just dig a little more for Mommy kids!" LOL!
13.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Arggg, did anyone else have the urge to book the first flight out to Arkansas?

I can''t believe he''s just going to let that rock sit in his collection instead of having it made into jewellery for his fiancee!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 11:02:29 PM
Author: wolftress
Arggg, did anyone else have the urge to book the first flight out to Arkansas?

I can''t believe he''s just going to let that rock sit in his collection instead of having it made into jewellery for his fiancee!
I sort of have the urge; it is just too bad that I don''t like to dig. hehee

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
has anyone ever been there???

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been, but I really should. I live in Dallas, and we drive to Houston frequently, which is about the same distance away.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2007 2:53:50 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/24/2007 11:37:29 AM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
Its funny.. he found this enormous rock.. to go in his collection because his fiancee already has one? PULEASE.. get that puppy cut and stick it on my finger! LOL
Yeah, that was my first reaction too! Who says a girl only gets one stone?

I would be curious to know the quality of the stone. 3.92 carats sounds huge, but I imagine it will get a lot smaller when it is cut. If it is something like S color with I-2 clarity, it might not be worth cutting (except for drill bits).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results