carat
color
clarity

#TBT 3.075ct H VS1 RB DIAMOND IN VICTOR CANERA EMILYA HALO RING

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: 3.075ct H VS1 RB DIAMOND IN VICTOR CANERA EMILYA HALO RI

This is absolutely stunning! Perfection. Seriously!

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

It looks awesome Frankie! I, too, love the curved struts. VC did a SUPER job!

lddchanel

Rough_Rock

Wow - it's absolutely stunning Frankie! Are you planning to wear it with a band? Can you post some pics of the ring together with the band?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats frankie!! You sound super happy :appl:

A couple of comparison shots (new/old)

image_43.jpg
10_2.jpg

image_46.jpg
25_0.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock

Stunning, stunning, stunning!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

It looks beautiful, I would like to know if you feel like you can see a difference?

The setting also shows some stylistic changes that I think are a "big" (i.e., subtle but impactful) improvement! The diamond looks lower and the girdle a weensy bit higher from the halo, and the struts more curved. I love each of those changes!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

holy crap. That looks magnificent. I need to see this with your band as well!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had to do a double-take, Frankie, because at first I thought someone had bumped up your last ring! So I am glad I looked and realized it was the NEW one!!! It is magnificent, of course! :love: Victor truly is a master and he did a beautiful job, as usual!!! :appl:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

Frankie!!!! WHAT a GORGEOUS STUNNING RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hands are so slender and lovely, too! Looks huge! Bright! Sparkly!

BLINGALICIOUS!!!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock

Perfection!! What a lovely upgrade :)

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! What a stunning ring! At first, I also thought someone had bumped your old thread. This one is even better than the last one. It definitely looks bigger on your hand, and I think the profile looks more graceful.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Talk about model hands!!! So jealous! Your ring is magnificent! It looks just right on your hand. I thought your old one was amazing, but I dunno, I feel like your new one just looks right on your finger! Must be the finger coverage!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous, a halo done with perfection!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

thank you everyone !!! :wavey:

i'm actually quite happy to hear that some of you had to do a double take to realize it is a new ring... my intention is really for the ring to look the same but just bigger and the setting a tad more delicate, so i guess it worked ! and agreed, this version does have a few subtle but important changes and look how much of an impact it has made ! the new halo has 24 smaller melee diamonds while the old one had 20 slightly larger melee diamonds. the donut still measures right at 4.9mm (vs 5mm on the other one), but due to the lowered setting, the struts are more dramatically curved and the space in the gallery is completely minimized.

yssie, thank you for taking the time to post the comparison photos ! ::)

i have a few more photos :bigsmile:

vc2_a.jpg

vc3_a.jpg

vc1_a.jpg

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

Here's a comparison photo of 2 halos...

Old one on the left, new on the right :

image_47.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree that with the new diamond and setting I prefer the more delicate halo, it really makes the center diamond the showpiece. Just gorgeous Frankie!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

And here's a photo with band... You can see the melee size difference here between the 1.8mm and 1.75mm ring shank :

image_48.jpg

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock

Frankie, that is STUNNING! Just perfect. Enjoy!

I really hate to hijack this thread, but just a quick question for you. ( I posted in RockyTalky but not sure if you are reading there). I have the Michael B Paris setting and want to purchase an eternity band similar to yours - like your old set. I was just wondering if there was anything wrong with that set, or if you just changed what you wanted for your ring. I would wear a thin spacer too. Just looking for some input before I splurge on the eternity band.

Again, so sorry to ask you here, but not sure if you would see my other thread.

Thank you, and again LOVE your ring! Victor is a true artist.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock

YAY MORE PICS!! :cheeky:
Absolutely Beautiful!!! This new setting is perfection! I love the delicate halo and how it hugs your diamond perfectly! It does not take away from the center at all. Enjoy your new ring and be careful walking the streets with that disco ball! :bigsmile:

**I have to add: the HANDSHOT above on the white background is taking my breath away!!!!! Gorgeous!

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

If you guys don't mind, I have one more pic of the 2 rings with spacer worn together viewed from top down ...

image_49.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Now that is a work of art, absolutely! Not only that, but it looks perfect on your hand. Just stunning.

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

asschergirl27|1350849412|3289776 said:
Frankie, that is STUNNING! Just perfect. Enjoy!

I really hate to hijack this thread, but just a quick question for you. ( I posted in RockyTalky but not sure if you are reading there). I have the Michael B Paris setting and want to purchase an eternity band similar to yours - like your old set. I was just wondering if there was anything wrong with that set, or if you just changed what you wanted for your ring. I would wear a thin spacer too. Just looking for some input before I splurge on the eternity band.

Again, so sorry to ask you here, but not sure if you would see my other thread.

Thank you, and again LOVE your ring! Victor is a true artist.

Hi there !

no worries :)

nothing wrong with the Michael B / Eternity set, i just fell in love with the halo setting and decided to pursue it ... i still have the 2.8mm eternity band that i would wear from time to time on its own, so i do support investing in a good eternity for sure ! and yes, you will definitely need a spacer if you do decide to wear both rings together !

lddchanel

Rough_Rock

I am loving all these photos Frankie! Keep them coming :) Your ring is my inspiration!

asschergirl27

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the reply Frankie! I posted a reply with questions in my original thread. If you have time to give your opinion, would love it! Ok- will leave this thread to admiring your gorgeous ring! :appl:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Frankie, I :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: your new ring. The centre stone is bigger, the halo is thinner and more delicate, the struts more curvy and sexy and the stone is set at an optimal height. What's not to love?! :cheeky: I particularly love how the delicate halo makes the larger stone pop and look even larger/ more pronounced! tt's really GORGEOUS!! Victor did good - reeealll good!! :appl:

Tell me, has any one of your friends and colleagues noticed you've switched rings? I know us PS'ers would for sure notice the diffrence IRL but wonder if other ppl may have? I personally would for sure do a double-take, ha ha...(I ask because I've been wearing smaller studs, 1.5ct each instead of 2.3ct each; and these smaller ones are much whiter @ F-G instead of J and not one single person, other than my PS friends, has noticed or made any comment, lol).

Also, have you noticed any difference in optical performance of this stone compared to the last one, ie. the higher crown etc...(what Yssie mentioned in yr last thread)?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like this version with the smaller halo. It just accents the stone without being overpowering. I didn't feel that the previous ring was overshadowed by the halo either but these proportions are just nicer in comparison.

BTW, we'll take a ton more pictures if you have them! :love:

frankiextah

Brilliant_Rock

Phoenix|1350878785|3290004 said:
Frankie, I :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: your new ring. The centre stone is bigger, the halo is thinner and more delicate, the struts more curvy and sexy and the stone is set at an optimal height. What's not to love?! :cheeky: I particularly love how the delicate halo makes the larger stone pop and look even larger/ more pronounced! tt's really GORGEOUS!! Victor did good - reeealll good!! :appl:

Tell me, has any one of your friends and colleagues noticed you've switched rings? I know us PS'ers would for sure notice the diffrence IRL but wonder if other ppl may have? I personally would for sure do a double-take, ha ha...(I ask because I've been wearing smaller studs, 1.5ct each instead of 2.3ct each; and these smaller ones are much whiter @ F-G instead of J and not one single person, other than my PS friends, has noticed or made any comment, lol).

Also, have you noticed any difference in optical performance of this stone compared to the last one, ie. the higher crown etc...(what Yssie mentioned in yr last thread)?

thanks so much Phoenix for your kind words! and sorry for the late response; early morning work conference calls this week has wiped me out ! :knockout:

i chose not to make a fuss to tell my colleagues / friends about this upgrade, and while no one asked about the size change, they did compliment verbally how SPARKLY my ring looked, particularly these past 2 days !

in terms of light performance, i did not notice any difference at all... the diamond to me has a very balanced performance under different lighting situations. perhaps due to the proportions still fall within the normal range ?

i am taking the ring to Mark Bunda tomorrow for an appraisal session. I will definitely have more details by tomorrow !

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

I see a noticeable difference in size w/the pics you posted! stunning, congrats!! :appl:

bridgetshops

Rough_Rock

Frankie, (sp?) (I hope I got that right)

I am so new to PS it's not even funny, but what I wanted to do was reach out and say a big, massive, huge THANK YOU to you and your high expectations. I found Pricescope from Diamond Bistro from your posting of your VC setting. My fiance and I are going through a ring re-design for an OEC and it has been "no" after "no" after "no" when trying to find the right setting with the level of detail that I would like.

I loved the SK double halo, but when when I saw your comparison post, I quickly saw the details and knew that would bug me as well. Also, the tilt on the halo sold me. VC it was! And now with your newest ring, a bit more curved struts so it sits lower (I don't think I will go as curved as yours just due to the smaller size of my center stone) and the no space at the bottom--that is what I am looking for! However, I love the halo of your first VC (a touch larger stones but less of them) and my center diamond measures at about 8.5 mm. (A touch over 2 carats)

A combination of your first VC and your second VC ring is exactly what I am looking for and the details and the craftsmanship from VC are just incredible. I would never have found him if it wasn't for you (and I live in the Southeast, going to LA in a few weeks to meet with him)

Thank you for being (I hate to say "so picky" as that often sounds like a negative trait and it most certainly isn't) we'll say particular when it comes to the level of service and craftsmanship in your jewelry because it has really helped me. Enjoy your absolutely stunning, stunning ring!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Frankie,

I am new to pricescope, and have enjoyed so many pictures. Your halo is one of the most perfect halos I have ever seen. :love: Thank you for sharing so many pictures. The piece looks so seemless, (if that is the right word). The comparison of the before and after is terrific. I can definitely see the difference, even though you didn't make huge changes. How big is the original stone? I have looked at halos in real life and never really liked the way the looked on my finger, but I love them in pictures. I have so much trouble understanding why I love it on paper, but don't in real life. Often times, it seems like the melee stones are too big and overwhelm the center stone. On others, it seems like there is too much space between the center stone and the halo. After reading your thread, I realize that the most seemingly small details make all the difference in how the halo looks, like the size of the smaller stones, the number there are, how closely they are set to one another, and how closely they are set to the center stone. Maybe it really does need to be custom made. I have a 2.59 that I would really like to be reset into a halo. The stone is 8.74 x 8.77. Do you think that is big enough so that the center stone won't look small compared to the halo stones? How were you able to know you chose the right size small stones? Not to mention how clever of you to make the underside curve to bring the stone closer to your finger. That is such a great idea.

Really, just an amazing piece of jewelry. Thanks for sharing. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results