shape
carat
color
clarity

$2K to spend - what would you get

JLFG

Rough_Rock
I have approximately $2k to spend at a jewelry store in my area and I don't know what to get. I've been thinking about diamond studs but I'm unsure.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have to be at a jewelry store in your area? We could suggest some things, but I don't generally like buying diamond jewelry from regular jewelry stores because they are generally overpriced for lower quality diamonds. The pre-loved section here is a good place to shop as well!

I think diamonds studs are a great option if you can get a matched pair of GIA Excellent cut. I love Diamonds by the Yard necklaces and bracelets but I prefer vendors such as WhiteFlash for those.

If you have to buy locally, a nice watch is a safe option, too.

JLFG

Rough_Rock
I'm stuck with a credit at a particular store and they're overpriced.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really depends on what you have. If it were for me I would go with a DBTY necklace but if you dont have studs that would be
good.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'd depend on what you already have and the quality of their stones. I'm desperate for a pear diamond pendant and I wouldn't necessarily need it to be the best colour, cut, and clarity ever but I'd like it to be certed. If they don't do certed diamonds or do lower quality stones I'd be tempted to stick to gold pieces or things with smaller diamonds. A gold bangle and diamonds by the yard type dangle earrings or bracelet are both on my wish list and as long as the diamonds sparkled nicely to my eyes I wouldn't mind the exact details for diamonds that are unlikely to be more than 7 points.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess if I had to pay those prices, a watch or a designer piece are at least generally sold at a certain retail price, whereas you know much less about diamond pieces and are more likely to overpay. The exception would be GIA graded stones and you can at least compare prices here to see if they are at least being fair for retail.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah depends on what you have I think.

If I had 2 k to spend I would buy a pendant

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do they have a website with online inventory?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1403269408|3697176 said:
I guess if I had to pay those prices, a watch or a designer piece are at least generally sold at a certain retail price, whereas you know much less about diamond pieces and are more likely to overpay. The exception would be GIA graded stones and you can at least compare prices here to see if they are at least being fair for retail.

This, exactly this.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with DS.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1403269408|3697176 said:
This! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results