shape
carat
color
clarity

.29 carat Brazilian Emerald from Precision Gem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Here it is! All of the pictures are with flash because I took them inside and at night. Its about 4.3mm, which is really tiny, but its absolutely gorgeous!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Annnnnnd it seems like I''m having trouble posting pics.
39.gif
I''m sure they''re properly resized, etc. but in any case I''ll try again in a little while.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m sure it is beautiful! I can''t wait to see it!
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm, seems many have problems right now uploading pics. I had this same problem a few days ago, Can''t wait to see it
36.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t post pics today either unfortunately.
7.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I just tried again, no cigar!
8.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats, I can''t wait to see it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So since there are no photos why don''t you tell us all the stats and what plans you have for it???
1.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Aw. I wanna see!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no…still can’t post pictures? I’ve been waiting to see this emerald.
7.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I want to see toooooooo

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Fingers crossed!!

Ebat 029.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Another one!

Ebat 030.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely green!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
The color on these pictures is lighter than it is in person, but I had to use flash since I took them indoors and at night.

Ebat 023.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its pictured with my little champagne diamond.

Ebat 028.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
That last one shows some of the inclusions in the emerald. I really love it; the girdle is faceted, but its not really obvious in real life at all. It reflects light very nicely; I''m not sure of the term for it. It doesn''t throw off colored light, but it does ''sparkle'' in its own way.

My initial setting plans are on link from Etsy to do a custom design. I think it will be a while though, because I believe he has a bit of a backup on custom orders at the moment, which is actually really convenient because I just won an LOGR and it would be a little hard to juggle two projects at the same time. If you''re reading this thread, definitely check out Patrick Irla. He''s definitely an artist, and the florals in his pieces remind me very slightly of Van Craeynest, minus engraving and miligraining.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Sz! I contemplated about the emerald myself, even called Gene about it too.... I''m glad it went to a good home
36.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which PatrickIrla design were you leaning towards?
I think I am going to get a hydrangea and diamond ring later this year :)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
A big thank you to everyone that''s written on this thread! I just can''t seem to take good pictures of it
33.gif
The color on the pictures isn''t really true to life, and I can''t figure out what to do for the life of me.

Thanks D&T! I emailed Gene about it months ago, and kept going back to it. Do you like small gems? That was the only slight reservation I had/have about it; it seems like the smaller the gem (this is only about 4mm!), the harder to find a balanced setting for it. The easiest thing would be to go for a stacker, but any other route is proving to be a little difficult.

MTG- That is the ring I fell in love with! I''m imagining a bezel or semi-bezel for the emerald in YG, with two small hydrangeas (not sure if I want 3,4, or 5 petals) on either side with a couple of burnished little diamonds, and then his rustic sort of texture on the band of the ring. I picked up a small parcel of diamonds from Mlopros, so that would be a great way to incorporate them into the piece. I also love this ring he made with a 4mm diamond.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually thought the 4mm diamond ring would have looked better with another flower, or if that flower had been bigger.

Whatever you choose, I''m sure the end result will be gorgeous!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Szh- Hmmmm so no bezel halo? I thought LOGR had a beautiful twisted shank halo setting on their auction for a 4-5mm stone ish? but its' been a couple of months since I really browse through their store. I really like the double halo look for small gems, especially when they have a fun vibrant color or so like yours. I actually do like smaller gems I just couldn't commit...lol

ETA: how bout a three stone look with bezels? kinda like AJ's from JKT?, but I do like the Patrick Etsy leaf design too... yummy!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
That color is amazing, and his work is scrumptious! I love the idea of flowery/leaf metal with a green stone, especially that vibrant green!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo for pictures! it is lovely! I can''t wait to see the finished product. I love your setting choices too. Very cool!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really packs a punch in green color for a small stone. Very nice!! It's almost the size of a half carat diamond, so it's not that tiny. Beryls is not a dense material, so you get a lot of surface area per carat weight.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Well, if it lacks in size (I don''t think it does btw), it makes up for many times over in colour and impact. What a lovely stone.

Might you consider a graduated 5 stone? BGD is doing a graduated diamond 5 stone for me. Thread is over here if you are interested.

I might even be really bold and make it with 2 x sapphires and 2 x diamonds.

It''s gorgeous Szh, it really is.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful emerald!! I like the hydrangea ring with the yg petals and silver band. I think it would showcase that stone very nicely
1.gif

ETA: I saw this ring on his site earlier this evening and now it is gone. Perhaps he could recreate it for you, if you like it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a nice looking emerald – it faces up much larger than what most people expect and the colour really stands out. Being a round stone and the size common to diamonds, you have a lot of setting options.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE the color. It really makes the stone stand out. So 4mm is small for a colored stone but the color of this one really punches up the size.

Congrats!!
36.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much everyone for your comments! I wish we could have a colored stoner''s GTG. After seeing how much better this gem looks in person than in pictures, I can only imagine how everyone else''s sparklies look in person!

Gailey- I am really loving the idea of a 5 stone...and your Nightingale is a work of art in its own right.

MTG- Would you do your Partick Irla with a colored stone or a diamond?

D&T- Great minds must thing alike, right?[;-) Commitment when it comes to colored stones is a difficult thing; I have a couple that I haven''t set yet, and it seems like logically I should wait till I finish one project before I begin another, right? Its way more difficult than it sounds!

Chrono, Stone Hunter, RisingSun, and TL, thank you so much! I really am so excited about this little emerald.

Wild idea- How about a 3 stone, or 5 stone, with emeralds and bixbite? OR emeralds, bixbite, and diamonds?
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results