shape
carat
color
clarity

"27 Dresses"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I had 3 of my 4 BM''s here with me this weekend, so we made plans to go to the local bridal megastore to try on dresses (which turned into a HUGE disaster and we didn''t even get our hands on one wedding gown!
32.gif
) on Saturday. We then went to see the new Kathryn Heigl movie "27 Dresses," then finished off with dinner at Old Spaghetti Factory and a night out country dancing. It was a great day with my girls and so nice to get out and do something fun again!

As I have been in 11 weddings already, they joked that it was my "theme movie," so we thought the movie would be the perfect ''bridal party'' girly thing to do. We had a blast, and I thought it was really cute. We also thought Kathryn Heigl looks much more beautiful in her everyday life...we didn''t care for her with darker hair, but she is still so adorable! I don''t think I''ve ever seen such an, um, well, VARIETY, of bridesmaid dresses as were in that movie! It made me thankful for some of the dresses I HAVE gotten to wear, and definitely made my girls appreciate the dresses I chose for them, which was definitely a good thing!
31.gif

Did anyone else go to see it? What did you think?

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I saw this with a GF on the weekend. We did laugh all the way through. Pretty cute chick flick.

I am an "older" bride this time and am not having the traditional wedding with bridesmaids, etc. but I did the first time.

The funny thing about the dresses that we chose that time (would have been 36 years ago this coming April) is that three (out of four) DID wear their dresses again.....I was pretty young the first time , so were my bridesmaids. The dresses were worn to three different high school grad parties after the wedding. The material was lovely. I have only been a bridesmaid once in my life, and I no longer have the dress - not so nice.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I think my favorite part (besides the fantastic ending) was the "Benny and the Jets" impromptu karaoke! We were all singing about "electric boobies" the rest of the night!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2008 3:16:10 PM
Author: Harleigh
I think my favorite part (besides the fantastic ending) was the 'Benny and the Jets' impromptu karaoke! We were all singing about 'electric boobies' the rest of the night!
I totally agree that was a funny part Harleigh!!! I do that all the time!!! hubby always gives me this look when I am belting out the wrong words
20.gif
hehee

I loved the movie and the music and it was very cute/romantic! The guy ain't bad either! Love the song by Bloc Party "So Here We Are"
9.gif
I can listen to that song a million times; the soundtrack sounds like it will be great!!! Great movie I agree
36.gif
36.gif

OMG, I have the funniest bridesmaid's dress, I should post it sometime, it is totally 80's/90's; it was cool at the time but now
6.gif
. hehee

eta: anyone who hasn't seen it and loves cute chick flick's has to go see it!
2.gif
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh,

I have been wanting to see that movie too. Plus, you ate at one of our favorite restaurants.
30.gif
9.gif

Linda

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Frankie and I went and saw it after we went to Asahi this japanese restaurant on Friday night. I was the best date night we have had yet!! With NO kids!! Dont get me wrong.. I love his kids but that movie was a nice change from Veggie Tales
20.gif
20.gif

I loved Bennie and the Jets and the part where she lets her sister have it!! Sorry I would have done the same.
31.gif

i think Katie H is really pretty, but she is one of those NATURALLY pretty people not one of those people that needs a massive load of make up like pam anderson

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun girls night you had!
I have a girls nite this Saturday and we plan on seeing the movie! Can''t wait, so far there have been nothing but good reviews from you all!
36.gif

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Wow 11 weddings!
23.gif

I haven''t seen the movie yet but I really want to. That sounds like such a fun day with friends!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I saw this last weekend, and then we came home and watched Hairspray on video. Hehe... DH says he is now officially one of my girlfriends.

I liked 27 Dresses even though it wasn''t very original... I think Katherine Heigl is charming enough to pull off cheesy lines and still look sincere. She''s my favourite actress at the moment, not just because I love her pear e-ring
2.gif

Did anyone else not like that solitaire RB that Katherine Heigl''s sister got in the movie? It was big, but the setting was bleah and the stone was obviously fake. There are some rings that appear in movies and tv shows that just blow me away (like the Sex and the City ones) but this one was just yuck.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved it. Granted it was the first time I had been to the movies in a loooong time (my mom was in town) but I thought it was really cute. Also I have loved James Marsden since his "second noah" days
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My mom and I saw it when she visited over the weekend. That Benny and the Jets scene was hysterical - I totally thought I was going to spit out my popcorn!

I will say that part of me thought "wait..am I watching a) The Wedding Planner b)Two Weeks Notice c)How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days or d)All of the above?" The plot was a leeeeetle redundant, but it was still a really cute chick flick that I''ll totally netflix to see again.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I actually went bridesmaid dress shopping with my girls on Saturday and followed it up with dinner and 27 dresses. It was a really cute movie, and the guy who plays Kevin is yummy
emteeth.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I sooo want to see this movie and you girls aren''t helping! I think I am going to try to wait until it is at the discount theater because I much prefer paying $1.50 for a movie rather than the standard $11.50 around here...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had only one complaint about the movie

POSSIBLE SPOILER DON''T READ IF YOU DON''T WANT TO KNOW!!!!

I''m so tired of chick flicks where the lead girl doesn''t realize she likes a guy until she gets sloppy drunk and has sex with him. It''s getting old and I wish that Hollywood wouldn''t make it seem so normal for a girl to get drunk, realize she''s madly in love with some guy she castoff before, and then wakes up in the morning with him. Off the top of my head I can also think of a similar scene in The Wedding Date. UGH. Otherwise, I loved this movie. The guy was WAY gorgeous and the dresses were very funny!

End rant.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL OU!

Our complaint was that we are tired of seeing so many girls being doormats and never being able to say no. Most women have such a strong sense of self these days that we had a hard time with that part of her role in the movie. Otherwise, we really enjoyed it!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk started a thread over in BWW about Kathryn Heigl''s dress in this movie...

Anyone know who makes it?

Please post HERE if you do!

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results