shape
carat
color
clarity

25 Random things about yourself

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rats, my numbered bullets didn't copy here but here are 25 random thoughts from me.

I love to go out and look at the stars
My favorite color is pink
I have a degree in psychology but I’ve never used it for anything
I like to read
I like to work on jigsaw puzzles
I love Snoopy
I was so sad when I heard they weren’t going to make daily Far Side Calendars I’ve never finished the one I had a few years ago. I have about 30 days left on it.
I am worried about my mom right now. She has an infected toe, can’t wear shoes but she and my dad are going to the mountains in a blizzard tomorrow anyway. Sigh.
My favorite TV shows are Top Gear, NCIS, Burn Notice and White Collar
I am a news junkie
My cookies are often requested but people at work call them “death cookies”. That is because I think I am funny and put skull and crossbones stickers on my husband’s baggies with his lunch inside
My BFF was killed in a motorcycle accident 10 years ago
I don’t like to camp but we have a 5th wheeler so I go camping (see #1) I hate bugs and being dirty yet I still go camping (where we live it is total dry camping in the prairie).
I love to shop
Sapphires are my favorite gemstone
Photography is one of my favorite hobbies
I have 2 sisters both of which are nothing like me. One is angry and bitter, the other is very sensitive. They fight with each other and I am the family mediator
I have never been in to video or computer games but that stupid Angry Birds on my phone and iPod gets more attention than you’d imagine
I taught astronomy at a community college for 21 years
My favorite soda is Coke
My favorite wine is Chardonnay
I am easily surprised and yes I’ll jump and scream (something my husband enjoys trying to see if he can get me to jump or scream)
I clean my jewelry everyday.
I will take in a jar of jewelry cleaner for ladies at work who keep commenting “I should clean my rings”
When DH asks me what is for supper I say “poison” which of course leads to an ice cube down my back. Of course since I am obnoxious I will give the same answer again tomorrow[/list]

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
redfaerythinker|1293747501|2810260 said:
Ok, I'll give it a go

1. I suffer from clinical depression and social anxiety disorder. It is so bad, that my own family scares me.

2. I have four immediate family members, three of which are over 70. And one of the three has months to live.

3. The knowledge that I could very well be alone in this world very soon terrifies me.

4. I wore a school uniform for 16 years of my life, and loved every minute of it.

5. The vast majority of my clothes are green.

6. I have natural red hair. It's one of my favorite features.

7. I love to watch re-runs of the golden girls, the nanny, and little house on the prairie depending on my mood.

8. I am one of the lucky few to have kept two best friends for 19 years. We met in kindergarten and have made it through going to three different schools and colleges in different states.

9. I have a reading speed of over 500 words per minute, with 100% comprehension. I could read forever.

10. I LOVE trashy romance novels. I'm a total sucker for the happy endings.

11. I have done research that involved me sticking my arm up to the shoulder in the stomach of a cow. If you're not squeemish look up the term fistulated cow.

12. My dog when full grown, will out-weigh the average adult male.

13. My cat out-weighs the average toy dog.

14. I grew up with rifles under every bed and in every closet. We also live in a metropolitan city. It used to scare the hell out of the pediatrician when ever they would ask the " Any guns in the home?" question.

15. I can spin a flag, rifle, and sabre, and have done so on national television, and three NFL football fields.

16. All of my friends refuse to play word games with me, because I always win.

17. My father died when I was 20. Sometimes I still forget that he's gone.

18. I won't let my mother change the outgoing message on her answering machine because he recorded it and I'm scared that if she deletes it, I'll forget what he sounds like.

19. Traveling with my mother is one of my favorite things to do. Our last trip was to NYC and Amsterdam. Amazing

20. I just started diamond essentials at the GIA. I blame you all entirely.

21. To be continued as I have to go out now...

I just wanted to say that your 25 list really spoke to me...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you ladies are really amazing and I love this thread. Thank you for sharing and thank you dragonfly for starting it.
There is no way I can come up with 25 things right now but I will try.

1. I am too much of a worrier and I know it but I just cannot stop being this way for some reason and it is something I so badly want to change about myself and have wanted to for a long time. It is deeply ingrained in my genetic makeup or something and I wish I could just turn off the worry switch.

2. I love my dh so much and I feel so unbelievably lucky to have him in my life and I am constantly in awe of how wonderful he is and we are so happy and I am so thankful for being able to share our lives together.

3. I love my cats (and all animals) and they are like children to me (I know the difference of course but that doesn't make the love any less real or the feeling of loss and deep hurt when they die any less painful) and I wish I could save all the homeless and unloved animals. That is my dream but unfortunately with the way our financial outlook is going I am doubtful we can ever make a real difference these days.

4. I used to be a perfectionist but I think I burned out years ago and now I wish I was somewhere in between as I feel I have gone the other way as I am not at all ambitious career wise. I feel like I should be more ambitious but cannot overcome this feeling of just wanting to throw it all away re my career because I am just exhausted with the way my profession has turned out and just overwhelmed with the future of my profession.

5. I absolutely hate change with a passion so much so that I almost didn't marry my dh (the man of my dreams) because I was so terrified of change of any sort.

6. I am scared of flying and have always been that way but it has gotten worse with time. The last plane trip I took was over 6 years ago and whenever my dh has to fly for business I am overcome with the most scary thoughts and feel sick till he is safely back with me.

7. I am a fiercely loyal person and if we are friends I will do whatever I can to help you and remain by your side whenever you need me.
I can be counted on no matter what.

8. I am extremely emotional- good and bad and though I am very quick to anger I am also very quick to forgive. I wear my emotions on my proverbial sleeve so I cannot hide how I am feeling ever. Which can be a very bad thing. I have the opposite of a poker face.

9. I most definitely love animals more than I love most people.

10. I dislike my MIL and my husbands family and they probably feel the same way about me.

11. I still look much younger than my real age and I do enjoy that but know the day will come when it will catch up with me and hope I can accept that fact gracefully when it happens as I detest superficial people and secretly worry that I may have some of that superficiality in me but truly hope I do not.

12. I cannot stand the "keeping up with the Jones" mentality and I dislike people who are that way. I try to surround myself with genuinely nice and kind people because that is how I try and live my life. Life is too short and tough to be around people who are not kind.

13. My one big wish is for all my loved ones to remain healthy because as we all get older I see what can and often does happen. Nothing else matters if you are not in decent health and unfortunately we don't have as much control over it all as I would like.

14. I like to be in control and sometimes I wish I could just let go and let someone else take over.

15. I am a homebody and would be happy to never travel further than 50 miles away ever again. So much so that our vacation home is only 45-50 miles away and I am very happy to go to our shore home for all vacations (our home away from home) where all my creature comforts are duplicated and even our bed is the same.

16. As you probably figured out by now I am the least spontaneous person I have ever met and though I wish sometimes I could be more spontaneous I sort of like being this way. I don't like surprises and I like to plan every single moment and I love routine. I never get bored with it.

17. I miss my grandma every single day since she died in 1992 and wish so much I could go back to that week before she died because I never got to say goodbye. My heart still hurts with how much I miss her and I am afraid one day I will not be able to remember what she looked like and how wonderful she was. In contrast I feel guilty because I do not miss my grandpa (he died in 2004). I loved him and he had a hard childhood which molded the way he was but he was a difficult and contrary man who to the end made my family's (including my grandma's)life difficult. But he was a good man who took care of his family and I do feel guilty for not missing him more.

18. I miss Billy (my cat who died in June 2009) more than my grandma (who knew it was possible to feel such pain) and I am sometimes ashamed of that but my sister assures me it is OK.

19. My dh and I are grappling with a difficult decision right now (about selling one home for another that is more expensive in the short term but cheaper in the long term as we would eventually retire there and be left with only one home vs 2) and I am scared we will make the wrong decision that could be life altering. No one has a crystal ball and I just cannot see the clear right path here but know in my heart there is definitely a right and wrong way to go but am in the dark as to which decision is the right one for us. And we are running out of time to make this decision.

20. I wish I had more hobbies like my dh but am not as adventurous or creative as he is and I am not as talented either.

21. I love shopping too much (for clothes, jewelry, anything- you name it).

22. I am secure in my dh's love for me as he is in my love for him.

23. I know I am a strong person and can deal with adversity and we can survive whatever doesn't kill us.

24. I love my mom but she makes me crazy.

25. I am at peace with the things I cannot change about myself that I wish were different as I know I am a loving, kind and good person no matter my shortcomings.

26. I love NYC and am not sure I could ever move away but wish I could as life would be easier in a less expensive place.

That was easier than I thought...I could keep going but if you read this far sorry it was so me oriented. :oops: It was sort of cathartic in a way.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I love reading all of these. I hope everyone keeps them coming!

First of all Haven - Go to Hooters. They have fried pickles. I generally don't like pickles... but omg...fried pickles. I love that you keep that notebook of words. I'd love to hear some of them at some point.

Purselover - I wish I could say I've never had a hangover. I've had one. Let me tell you though. Eat a greasy McDonald's burger, and it's GONE.

Athena - I like high heels too! Do you have pics of yours on the shoe thread? ::goes to look::. I think the trip in time thing is neat!

Toopatient - You and I sound very similar.

autumn - Go blonde. Do eet!!!

Jessie - I hope you find your major. You could always do your own fun modeling. Me and my sister did a photo shoot for ourselves recently and it felt like being a model.

Amber - I'd love some of your wisdom on dealing with not talking to family members. I'm having a really hard time with my family right now.

Redfaery - You are an amazing person.

Lit - I wanted to be an artist too, wonder what changed for you? For me it was the whole things I like becoming a job thing. Also if you want a great bread recipe, let me know.

Travelgoddess - I will challenge your deviled eggs.

Soocool - I think it's really cool you keep lists. I make ridiculous numbers of lists.

Katamari - I'd love to hear about your concerts

Holly - How was the poltergeist? Do share please please please!

Diva - I agree about the cereal

Jaysonsmom - I LOVE curry

Manderz - I hear ya on the full price. Most of my shirts were way marked down.

Marcy - How cool that you taught astronomy!

Missy - big hugs. I'm sorry for your losses. I'm sure your grandmother knows you miss her and loved her.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
dragonfly411|1293809868|2810921 said:
Athena - I like high heels too! Do you have pics of yours on the shoe thread? ::goes to look::. I think the trip in time thing is neat!

I didn't even realize there was a shoe thread!! I'll go check that out. All of my heels are pretty well worn at this point, but I'll see if I can scrounge some good photos up for y'all.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Travel Goddess|1293748095|2810270 said:
AN, you and your FI should go to Mexico (specifically Cancun) for a long weekend in late January! DH and I will be there. Mini GTG! Any other PSers are invited as well. :cheeky:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: You're tempting me.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1293809868|2810921 said:
I love reading all of these. I hope everyone keeps them coming!

autumn - Go blonde. Do eet!!!

Have you seen the FB pic of me when I was blonde? Look in my profile pictures, its there!

I told my best friend I would do it when I was ready to cut my waist length hair up to my shoulders. I had it dyed blonde when it was the length it is now and it cost me over 400$ :nono:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Holly - How was the poltergeist? Do share please please please!

We have some other threads about 'things that go bump in the night', and I've talked about my experiences there. I'm not sure what the titles of the threads were, but search for "Haunted" and some of them might pop up.

I was mostly amused, and never frightened. Can't say the same for my neighbors. (It was a 4-plex apartment house.)

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Autumnovember|1293816783|2810989 said:
Travel Goddess|1293748095|2810270 said:
AN, you and your FI should go to Mexico (specifically Cancun) for a long weekend in late January! DH and I will be there. Mini GTG! Any other PSers are invited as well. :cheeky:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: You're tempting me.

Doooooo it! Dooooooo it!! Le Blac Spa & Resort. Dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiit! :devil:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. I am five feet tall (well... almost... )

2. My greatest talent in life is that I can make people laugh

3. I've written a novel that I need to get around to editing

4. I love to walk The Demon and Oscar late at night when it's really cold out

5. My Christmas shopping for the NEXT year starts before the current year's Christmas has come (you should see my garage... )

6. My favorite outfit is a black turtleneck and a pair of jeans with boots and a funky zebra striped wide belt I bought on clearance somewhere

7. I love a looming deadline

8. I hate sweet things in otherwise savory food

9. I'm good at my job but I can't stay at a place more than a couple of years becuase I get bored

10. I'm doing the chipless manicure thing right now and LOVING it!

11. I buy tons of purses, but rarely carry one (I'm the woman walking down the street with everything in a paper bag... )

12. I now own three Michele watches (one was a Christmas present and I "accidentally" bought two more at Nordstroms a few days later when I went to return something... oops!)

13. My favorite place in the world is Aspen

14. I love to travel alone

15. I can talk to ANYONE

16. I am obsessive about balancing my checkbook--to the penny

17. The therapy from my torn ACL in my left knee caused me to injure my right knee... probably no skiing for me this year...

18. I buy things in multiples (just ordered EIGHT izod argyle sweaters on line... EIGHT!)

19. I love it when my house is clean clean clean!

20. My most complimented feature is my eyes

21. Even though I have a lot of jewelry, I usually only wear my diamond studs (but I'm trying to learn to wear a watch again... )

22. I don't bother to get a pedicure in the winter unless I'm going somewhere beach-y

23. I love repetative tasks where I can get something done and think at the same time

24. I've been the Chief XXXX Officer at a financial firm, and have no desire to be the Chief anything ever again

25. I've put on 20+ pounds since March (see 17 above... ;( )

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
1. I have exceptionally small and wide feet (one foot is a 4E and other is a 4.5D), which makes shoe shopping exceptionally annoying (especially since I love shoes). Often when I try on peep-toes I appear to have no toes.
2. I once walked around with a fractured wrist for three weeks before getting myself to a doctor.
3. For about the past year I have always had the same polish color on my fingers - Essie Starter Wife.
4. I love to talk on the phone.
5. I have very high highs and very low lows. I cry way too easily and sometimes wonder if I need to be on some type of mood stabilizer.
6. I don't mind coffee but I don't need it or drink it regularly.
7. I have a bad habit of getting mad at my FI for eating food I buy but then letting it go bad without eating it myself. I joke that I'm a child of the Depression and thus need to hoard food.
8. I worked in politics for years, and would like to go back to that, yet I hate discussing politics.
9. I once crushed my right-hand pinky in the attic door and it is now crooked.
10. I was devastated last night when I found out my FI doesn't care for my new slutty boots.
11. I almost always chat with cashiers or waiters or customer service representatives, yet I hate making small talk with strangers at parties.
12. I feel like I've skated through life fairly successfully despite having no real drive or passion.
13. For years I've been making fun of leggings and jeggings and yet have purchased both in the past week.
14. I love to read in the bathtub and bought a bath book tray so that I could read 700 page casebooks there during law school. But I much prefer to read chicklit over and over and over again.
15. When I'm cold I like to hold a hot mug and thus will just keep refilling the cup with boiling water to keep my hands warm.
16. I like to bite. Not in a sexual way and not necessarily hard, but still I bite like a teething child. The most common words my FI uses are "no bite."
17. I spend way way way too much money eating out.
18. I love to compliment strangers.
19. I really enjoy tweezing body hair. Ingrown hairs? Even better!
20. I love the look of big fun necklaces but never wear them because they look stupid on me.
21. I had a pulmonary embolism in 2009.
22. I don't have strong sensory memories. I can remember things that happened, but those things don't evoke feelings. I read the childhood thread with great envy.
23. If I find something I like, such as a sweater, I buy it in multiple colors and then later am annoyed that I wear the exact same clothes all the time, just in different colors.
24. I can't seem to cook anything my mother thinks tastes good and it hurts my feelings.
25. My dream job would be to google-stalk people. I'm really really talented at it.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
sillyberry said:
7. I have a bad habit of getting mad at my FI for eating food I buy but then letting it go bad without eating it myself. I joke that I'm a child of the Depression and thus need to hoard food.

Hahaha, I do this too! He's learned to humor me and will now give me several warnings that something is going to go bad and that he's going to eat it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results