shape
carat
color
clarity

2010 Jewelry Projects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Haven''t seen a thread on this yet, so I thought I would start one. This year, I think I am going to be trading in my tennis bracelet that I never wear for some diamond studs....guess this means I will finally have to get my ears pierced again
1.gif
. So, what do you all have in the works for this year?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Well, I am hoping for a baby and then a subsequent "baby ring" (I don''t like push present
20.gif
) which will be most likely a fab tsavorite garnet in a leon mege setting. Saving up for that currently, so I don''t know what else will fit in this year. Hopefully a setting for my Mahenge spinel.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m hoping to convince my hubby that I NEED that fabulous 5 carat sapphire ring my jeweler has. After all, it will be our 30th anniversary this year.
31.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
BDG baby bezel earrings

If we get pregnant this year, a "baby ring" (I like that better than push present too
2.gif
)

Maybe a baby bezel OEC pendant

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
We''re also trying for a baby this year but if i tried the "push present" thing on my husband, he''d laugh.

The only project i have going now is my eternity ring. I''ve been taking my time these last two years and finally decided to just do it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the term "push present" is hysterical. Then again it took almost 3 hours to push out my DD
2.gif
My jewelry plan for 2010 is finally set my first loose gemstone
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
well Greg always said i could have my 3c+ upgrade when i gave him a son
3.gif
... but now that i am preggo with a boy...we realize that it would just be silly to spend that kind of $$ on a diamond right now. (did i say silly? i really meant NECESSSARY)...esp given all the upcoming kiddie expenses we prob don't even know about yet.

SO instead i am planning on getting something small to commemorate the birth and hopefully something i can pass down to the kid later for his partner in life. what...not quite sure yet but i have been trying things on and researching. i want it to be something i will want to wear but something that is more 'long-term' for him. probably not a ring.

and umm i really want diamond hoop earrings this year, dammit. i saw some yummy ones at joe escobar in Dec.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to set my JBEG OMC I bought forever ago! I''m going to get it set locally in a bezel ring.

I''m also contemplating an upgrade but I''m not sure if I can part with my original diamond...if I can''t part with it I may get an ACA or a BGD diamond I can keep upgrading.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I want to set my baby OEC, and I''d really love to get a pair of bezeled studs - I''ve been eyeing the WF bezel studs forever. But I don''t know if the .25ctw pair would look okay on my ears, so it may take me longer than this year to save up for the .50ctw. Especially because I want to buy a DSLR, so that''s most of my fun budget GONE.

But those are the two big things for me.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Haha, you guys are so funny with the push present thing...I don''t really like the term either, and I guess I really can''t use it since I''m having a c-section, so no pushing for me! I did get a little baby aqua bezel pendant for Christmas that represents my two boys. Can''t wait to see all of your projects!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have several stones I would like to set this year, including 3 that already have settings (spinel, ruby or demantoid, spess).

I want a thin tenis bracelet.

My dream would be a ruby ring from Richard Wise.

Edited to add: an asscher in a baquette setting

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got to finalize my plans to set my star sapphire. My fund raising has stalled, but I''m pretty sure I''m going to go with James Meyer to mount it. His craftsmanship is so unique and beautiful!

I also have a collection of small oec/omc stones that I''d like to have made into a cross to wear daily. I want it to be simple, but with a vintage feel.

I''m also looking at/for nice yellow gold or two toned earrings to wear every day. This along with a bracelet of some sort ought to hold me for the year.
9.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want this year to have a replacement for my demantoid necklace that was lost/stolen.

I was thinking of either
a) having 1 single round demantoid bezeled for a pendant necklace
b) having the smaller demantoids made into a demantoids by the yard necklace, or
c) starting over by getting another pretty round green stone that has better clarity set into a bezel necklace (the large demantoid I have has a rather large inclusion in it; not sure it will work to set.

demantoidcrop102.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the only setting I have to fill. I know! I was shocked, too!
2.gif

My jeweler has a Tsavorite that would fit, and it''s a pretty colour, but I''m not happy with the pricing so I''m going to look elsewhere.

IMG%206262a.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will reset my diamond this year. I am either going to put it in a three stone setting or else a solitaire. I have no idea what I want to do! Before I got this new diamond I wanted a three stone but this new 1.2 G is so stunning I am not sure I want to detract from it at all! So I am confused. But I will do something with the setting this year, I am not happy with its present home.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
For me, I have my graduation ring to put together - yay!

I''m also helping my mom upgrade her 1 ct. Kays ring to a 1.5 ct. H&A this spring, and turning that 1 ct. into a diamond pendant. I''m also helping her find a South Sea pearl pendant.
1.gif

The main thing for me is getting my studs ;-)
And a wedding band, if I can find one I like. I mean, I like a lot of them, but some just don''t look right. SO I might just do a plat band.

I dunno.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no projects at the moment. I am trying to wear what I have, and have been giving DD many pieces. She's psyched to go to the Saftey deposit box this week. Anything to keep her out of my stuff here, she makes out like a bandit.
11.gif
3.gif

There is a ring that Nanny gave me that is so ridic on me, it's a 12 carat Aquamarine with Diamonds. She's getting that for graduation, so need to get it sized for her.

She has always loved that ring, and said well if you won't wear it, I certainly will. She's very fond of jewelry, no clue where she got that from?? LOL!!!!!
3.gif

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
I''m still awaiting diamond huggies in the mail, but I''m already looking at diamond studs... maybe 0.3 - 0.5 total carat weight, so tiny little things.

In 2009, I''m also thinking about a diamond tennis bracelet, maybe 3 carats total weight?

I got engaged in September 2009, but I doubt I will be adding my wedding band in 2010. We don''t seem to be in any hurry! I''m still deciding between plain platinum, 5-stone, and eternity.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a character limit on a post?
11.gif

This year I really hope to find an asscher gemstone (aqua would be my top preference) and mount it in a ring
I would love to have some EC diamond studs.
I would love a PC diamond solitaire pendant.
I would love a diamond by the yard necklace (or even sapphires by the yard since I love sapphires)
I would not mind to upgrade my pink sapphire in my WG pink sapphire ring
I would not mind a WG orange sapphire bracelet

I will quit now as I am sure there is no way I can afford all of the above.
9.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 7:51:27 PM
Author: marcyc
Is there a character limit on a post?
11.gif

This year I really hope to find an asscher gemstone (aqua would be my top preference) and mount it in a ring

I would love to have some EC diamond studs.

I would love a PC diamond solitaire pendant.

I would love a diamond by the yard necklace (or even sapphires by the yard since I love sapphires)

I would not mind to upgrade my pink sapphire in my WG pink sapphire ring

I would not mind a WG orange sapphire bracelet

I will quit now as I am sure there is no way I can afford all of the above.
9.gif
Hehe, I knew you would have a list going Marcy! Can''t wait to see the finished pieces!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 11:28:10 AM
Author: Mara
well Greg always said i could have my 3c+ upgrade when i gave him a son
3.gif
... but now that i am preggo with a boy...we realize that it would just be silly to spend that kind of $$ on a diamond right now. (did i say silly? i really meant NECESSSARY)...esp given all the upcoming kiddie expenses we prob don''t even know about yet.

SO instead i am planning on getting something small to commemorate the birth and hopefully something i can pass down to the kid later for his partner in life. what...not quite sure yet but i have been trying things on and researching. i want it to be something i will want to wear but something that is more ''long-term'' for him. probably not a ring.

and umm i really want diamond hoop earrings this year, dammit. i saw some yummy ones at joe escobar in Dec.
Isn''t it funny how little ones change our priorities? They are worth it though
5.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 6:21:40 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I have no projects at the moment. I am trying to wear what I have, and have been giving DD many pieces. She''s psyched to go to the Saftey deposit box this week. Anything to keep her out of my stuff here, she makes out like a bandit.
11.gif
3.gif

There is a ring that Nanny gave me that is so ridic on me, it''s a 12 carat Aquamarine with Diamonds. She''s getting that for graduation, so need to get it sized for her.

She has always loved that ring, and said well if you won''t wear it, I certainly will. She''s very fond of jewelry, no clue where she got that from?? LOL!!!!!
3.gif
Lucky girl!!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m hoping to do a little red spinel ring project this year. My DH is building a bike piece by piece, so I said it''s only fair that I get to build a new ring. He''s just happy I''m not changing my diamond!
41.gif
My project is much smaller than his, which is fine with me.
2.gif

starshine

Shiny_Rock
I just started an upgrade...picked out a 1.45ct August Vintage cushion and am now talking with Brian Gavin regarding the setting. So hard to decide on what to do with it! Will most likely set my original .50 RB in a Tiffany style bezel necklace...or maybe a Bellerina setting. I also dream of using the two .20 pears from my original setting and making a RHR with a ruby or sapphire center...but doubt that will be accomplished this year!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My new ering from Sally will be done in a few weeks. I''m working on stones for a 3 stone wg gem ring (white and raspberry), would like to do a kite set yg ring (brown colored gem) and replace the sim in a 2 tone ring w/a purplish gemstone. Also maybe I can finally get my opal set-ring or pendant.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My list isn''t too long...

I''d like to get something done by JKT...most likely one of her key pendants, highlighted by amethyst and peridot.

Also, I''d like to make my first gemstone purchase and have it set by Sally in a lotus.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
-A lotus from Sally showcasing my asscher cut blue topaz

That''s all on the agenda for now. I''m sending her my stone in a few weeks. I plan on wearing it as my something blue for my July wedding.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
this year will be my 10 year anniversary and I''m hoping for an eternity band with 15 pointers
12.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to do two colored stone projects ... one by JKT or Sally, another from LOGR. And I''d like to buy a colored stone from Gary or Gene.

Other than that... I want a really blingy diamond band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results