shape
carat
color
clarity

2008 Campaign Eye Candy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the pics brazen!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2008 8:42:36 PM
Author: Jelly

Date: 11/7/2008 8:34:20 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
Obama watching the results come in with a relative (the photographer did not say how she is related though)
Isn''t that his mother in law? Michelle''s mom.
She looks just like Michelle.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No doubt they are a lovely looking family. But the NR dress sucked. It was NOT flattering and she surely had better choices. It is nice that they are cute little girls, but that is not going to get this country fixed. I am shocked that 50,000 PETA supporters felt that barraging the family with comments about how elitist it would be to get a purebred was the right thing to do. Let the man make a choice, I would hope it could be a cute mutt, but who knows? It would make sense that he would rescue a dog...but people should leave that to him. I just hope he does a great job. Maybe I will even vote for him in 2012. Just glad Palin is out of the picture, not sure where she resurfaces.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
DF-I couldn't agree more! I feel awful his dog choice is already under scrutiny! Poor guy (although, I was bummed he won, but perhaps he will do well). Unless the reduction in tax cuts my family will experience really changes the country for the better, I doubt I will vote for him in 2012.

(p.s. I got my ring back from T&Co today with the traps, which are to die for, thanks for the support)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
PHOTOS PHOTOS PLEASE!!!

I agree, I wish McCain had been able to win, but he had too much baggage. No doubt Obama is a breath of fresh air, and his kids are cuties, but can he run this country? I sure hope so.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
DF- I would share photos, but I had already made the decision not to (in part to previous threads about my ring changes, and the notion I had "psychological" problems, comments made by HollyS). Then today, in the other forum, I was called a bigot for voting for 8 in CA. I have asked the moderator to remove my account, this should be my last post. Sorry. Perhaps someday I may have a chance run-in with you in Philly :) Thanks for your friendship over the years...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2008 12:56:06 AM
Author: UCLABelle
DF- I would share photos, but I had already made the decision not to (in part to previous threads about my ring changes, and the notion I had ''psychological'' problems, comments made by HollyS). Then today, in the other forum, I was called a bigot for voting for 8 in CA. I have asked the moderator to remove my account, this should be my last post. Sorry. Perhaps someday I may have a chance run-in with you in Philly :) Thanks for your friendship over the years...
*****THREAD JACK ALERT **************

UCLABelle: I understand your decision... I was also offended, on behalf of some of the people I know who voted for Prop. 8 based on their beliefs, by the tone of some of that discussion. Still, I hope you''ll reconsider your decision and continue to participate on Pricescope.
7.gif

*****END OF THREAD JACK **************

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belle, please do not leave. Do not let the words of a few people who do not know you in real life impact you! Bah humbug. We are all entitled to our views. Not all people will agree with you all of the time.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seriously thought of emailing Andrey and Ali to ask them to consider eliminating the Poliitical threads. Since Religion is a banned topic, I feel that for the good of the forum, it might be good to eliminate Politics as well because it IS Religion to some people here, apparently. I have seen the most mean and hateful posts on this forum related to Politics, and it honestly has made me stay away somewhat.

UCLABelle, I have had to avoid those threads for the most part the last couple of weeks, but no one had the right to call you a bigot. They are the ones who should be removed, and I have no idea who it was. I am sick of the intolerance on these threads for those with other views. But again, I think this whole thing would be solved by just eliminating politics from our otherwise wonderful jewelry forum.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 1:05:30 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I have seriously thought of emailing Andrey and Ali to ask them to consider eliminating the Poliitical threads. Since Religion is a banned topic, I feel that for the good of the forum, it might be good to eliminate Politics as well because it IS Religion to some people here, apparently. I have seen the most mean and hateful posts on this forum related to Politics, and it honestly has made me stay away somewhat.

UCLABelle, I have had to avoid those threads for the most part the last couple of weeks, but no one had the right to call you a bigot. They are the ones who should be removed, and I have no idea who it was. I am sick of the intolerance on these threads for those with other views. But again, I think this whole thing would be solved by just eliminating politics from our otherwise wonderful jewelry forum.
Absolutely, 100% completely agree. And I do know who it was.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 1:05:30 PM

DS: I agree 100% with you they should be removed. I also have read the most hateful and mean posts. I have to add, as a 59 year old grandmother, the things that were said to WishfulThinking, made me start to cry. That is all I will say.

Linda

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Linda, thank you for telling me that. It was probably for the best that I missed it, because I would have also been upset.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m the elephant in the room so I figured I may as well pipe up. UCLABelle asked me point blank if I thought she was a bigot in response to one of my posts where I said that I thought Prop 8 was bigoted and discriminatory, and I said yes. I certainly wasn''t trying to bully UCLABelle or chase her away from Pricescope. I was asked a direct question and I answered it honestly.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...sigh...

So much for there being a semi-happy thread in ATW.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 4:30:53 PM
Author: FrekeChild
...sigh...

So much for there being a semi-happy thread in ATW.

I know, I know! I thought the same thing...sorry, Freke! Let me find some pics to make you happy! I saw some cute ones of the Obamas the other night!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for explaining, thing2, but it really wasn't necessary. I totally understand people having strong convictions on moral matters, but there needs to be respect for other opinions. If you can call someone a bigot, then that would open the door for name calling in the other direction. People have a right to express their views without fearing attack. The voters of the state of California voted for the liberal candidate but they also passed Proposition 8. Thank goodness we are in a democracy and states can vote their conscience on these things.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Obama with little cutie Sasha-it may have been posted before but I can''t remember so I figured I''d post it again!

slide_618_12667_large.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 4:34:28 PM
Thank you for explaining, thing2, but it really wasn''t necessary. I totally understand people having strong convictions on moral matters, but there needs to be respect for other opinions. If you can call someone a bigot, then that would open the door for name calling in the other direction. People have a right to express their views without fearing attack. The voters of the state of California voted for the liberal candidate but they also passed Proposition 8. Thank goodness we are in a democracy and states can vote ur conscience on these things.

You''re welcome-it may not have been necessary, but when I''m being referred to whether it''s by name or not, I always like to clarify. Like I said-I wasn''t trying to bully UCLABelle-but she asked me point blank and I answered honestly.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And one of Malia with Sasha and Barack-she''s such a tall skinny thing!

slide_626_12804_large.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thing2--When was that last picture taken?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2008 5:11:17 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Thing2--When was that last picture taken?

I think pretty recently-I got it from a slideshow on HuffPo. There are slideshows of Sasha and Malia and some of the whole fam. The HuffPo search feature isn''t working right now even though it was working when I posted the pics a few minutes ago, so I can''t give you a link!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darn. They are so cute though! I bet they were so excited to hear that they''re going to get a puppy...I would be!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results