shape
carat
color
clarity

2005 price increases for rough diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peregrinejeff

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''m just looking for a quick bit of help here. Can someone tell me how much prices for rough diamonds have increased during 2005? And maybe what is projected for 2006?

I''m having a heck of a time finding actual numbers :)

Cheers

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
polished prices have been pretty much tracking rough prices so these numbers are close:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/price-hike-a-hype.15538/

Christmas was just so-so sales wise so im not expecting a huge increase for the first part of 2006 except in the large size high color/clarity goods.

But im just guessing and debeers could anounce a huge price increase tomorrow.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Storm, every now and then, I have to disagree with you.

During 2005, rough prices roughly went up around 20%, with some sizes and qualities going up even more. Polished prices did not follow this trend completely.

This month, De Beers'' already had a price-increase of officially 2%, but insiders say that the real increase is on average around 4%.

However, this is not in line with the secondary market of rough.

For the future, remember Doris Day: Que sera, sera ...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 5:04:14 PM
Author: Paul-Antwerp
Storm, every now and then, I have to disagree with you.

During 2005, rough prices roughly went up around 20%, with some sizes and qualities going up even more. Polished prices did not follow this trend completely.

This month, De Beers'' already had a price-increase of officially 2%, but insiders say that the real increase is on average around 4%.

However, this is not in line with the secondary market of rough.

For the future, remember Doris Day: Que sera, sera ...

Thats kewl Paul you would know better than anyone what the rough price is doing.
I just get the talk on the forum for info which might not always be complete.

Paul''s is the official answer to the question as far as Im concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results