shape
carat
color
clarity

2005 diamond prices

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As I understand, high quality diamonds are on the rise again!!!

Prices are getting stronger, as supply is getting pretty limited. And demand is steady plus...

How much of these price increases will be transfered on to the consumers? And will they pay more?

Or is it simpler to just go down in quality....

Any thoughts?? Will anyone pay 15 to 25 percent more for their high quality Diamond Jewelery?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of the price increase will be passed on there isnt enough margin for most players in the chain not to raise prices.
I suspect that the price increases will hit as soon as they are anounced before the higher priced goods even make it to market just like last year.
Im not going to get into a huge debate about that part of it because it has been discussed several times and I disagree on it with several people I respect.

I think that diamond prices right now are on the jagged edge of a huge backlash in some ways the lower margin net vendors are acting as a pressure relief valve for the industry.
Those that would go balistic at the increases are moving to buying online at or below the pre-increase b&m prices.

From what Iv seen while demand in the US is still fairly strong it wasnt as strong as expected.
Higher prices combined with a economic problems is causing this.

DeBeers may have shot themselves in the foot long term with their 1ct advertising if they cant deliever the goods at a price the target market can afford.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I had to ''sell back'' a diamond due to personal reasons. I paid approx. $7800 for it and it''s now on their website for $9500. Egads, I couldn''t even afford the diamond I used to have now :) It''s funny but sad. Of course, I only got a little over $5,000 for it(70%). Life, it''s hard but it could be worse(at least that''s what I tell myself)

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Luckily, my jeweler called and told me, Jan 31, I am raising my prices across the board. If you want to have me custom make your wedding band, get in here now, and we''ll get it on the books b/f the price increase.. if he hadn''t called, I doubt I would have been able to go ahead and have him custom make my band.

This little diamond habit is quite expensive. I think I might need a 12 step program.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results