shape
carat
color
clarity

$20 fix to a 3.2 ct problem -- bye bye droopy studs!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
HollyC, where did you get those backs? I like that the "lever" is angled and also that it seems smaller than the heart shape of the magic ones.

I also ordered some of the silicone backs that CircularB mentioned (thanks for the suggestion CB!). They should be here tomorrow so I'll report back on how they compare to my current ones.

Missy, I found that I do have to put the backs on tight, but over time I've eased off just a smidge with no discernible difference. So maybe give your lobe just a leeeeeetle more room and see if it might be more comfortable without adding any more droop.

ETA: Those clear plastic ones don't really work for me because my holes are low and I have to trim them, which fixes the size problem but then never stay "upright."

ETA2: In the pandemic I've been wearing these itsy bitsy teenie weenie hoops I bought at a gem show one time to be my travel earrings and I LOVE them. Honestly I think they are baby earrings, but they lock tight and I have gone MONTHS at a time without ever taking them out. Plus I'm not afraid of popping them off with putting on/taking off a mask. It sounds crazy but I do like that I have *something* to wear in my ears right now, as small as they might be.

I got them with a pair of earrings that I bought from Australian brand “Canturi”. They originally had an omega back that just didn’t sit right on my ear. This was the compromise.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my silicone backs just got delivered... no dice. Unfortunately they don't hold my studs up at all. I will put up lobe pics (which are potentially the scariest things ever to be posted to the internet second only to the pic of that guy who stormed the capital yesterday in his Chewbacca bikini).

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4D2F2D30-362B-403B-A74B-093ED0A45AC0.jpeg

Attachments

• 94971B1A-9445-4038-864C-D7F5F8D078C2.jpeg
    94971B1A-9445-4038-864C-D7F5F8D078C2.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 14

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea why those are different sizes and especially no idea why the first one is EARnormous (:lol: sorry -- how could I resist?!).

The droopy one has the silicone back jammed on SOOOOOO hard. The other one has the metal back on like I normally wear it.

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
I use the medium to large metal backs and they hold my diamond studs upright,

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock

I'm sorry they didn't work out for you! You inspired me to take some pictures in case it is helpful to anyone else. I am still testing the silicone backs out, and am definitely interested in hearing if a different type of back is working well for anyone else. My main concern is making sure the droop-fixing doesn't come at the cost of the studs being securely on.

Silicone back vs La Pousette:
PXL_20210107_231011478.jpg

La Pousette tight on ear:
PXL_20210107_231301287~2.jpg

Silicone back at comfortable position for me:
PXL_20210107_231338358~2.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness, but hopefully you can see the difference in droop.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circular, I do think these will be great backs for other (non-big/heavy) earrings so I'm glad you suggested them. Didn't want you to think I wasn't grateful for the suggestion!

CircularBrilliant

Shiny_Rock
Circular, I do think these will be great backs for other (non-big/heavy) earrings so I'm glad you suggested them. Didn't want you to think I wasn't grateful for the suggestion!

I didn't take it that way at all! The best part of this forum is learning what works/doesn't work for other people :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Dee*Jay I love them. Inexpensive fix. They are comfy and keep the earrings straight and flat.

D2644A60-B9D9-4261-A893-5C34739A38A3.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad they work for you! If they loosen up over time or if the heart part of the back flips down below your lobe take a pair of pliers and gently pinch the round "barrels" together a tiny bit and they'll be snugger.

Isn't it great when a "problem" is solved with something inexpensive and easily accessible?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updating this thread.

@Matata I decided this fix was too much trouble for me. IDK if you found that to be the reason you didn't like it but it took me a few times to realize I prefer the flat Amazon disc backings.

I find handling the backs of this a bit challenging and having to make sure it is the right side up so the earrings lay correctly.

Have to be positioned vertically like this behind the ear lobe.

droopyearringfix.jpeg

As opposed to the circular flat disc back from Amazon.Which, for me, is much easier to handle and a no brainer to get them on correctly. No repositioning or anything like that.

earringbacks.jpg

earringbacksfromamazon.jpeg

The studs lay flat with either option so I am wearing the easier to use option. Just wanted to update the thread in case anyone was interested.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually prefer the clear plastic ones too *in theory*, but my holes are so low I have to cut them on one side or else they show at the bottom. I hear ya on the flipping down thing, but I took one of the bling dots we got at a PS GTG and put it on the heart part and it seems to help keep it up. And who's not for something that helps Keep It Up?! :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually prefer the clear plastic ones too *in theory*, but my holes are so low I have to cut them on one side or else they show at the bottom. I hear ya on the flipping down thing, but I took one of the bling dots we got at a PS GTG and put it on the heart part and it seems to help keep it up. And who's not for something that helps Keep It Up?! :cheeky:

Bwahaha :lol:

(Well, some days, it's OK to be down...
If you know what I mean :P2)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results