shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Weeks to Decide..Tacori or Simon G

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brooksie

Rough_Rock

My boyfriend has informed me to find my setting in 2 weeks. He lives a few hours away, so I''m flying solo on the decision making. My budget is $3500 for the setting and will be placing a 1.25-1.50 ct round...up to the BF on the ct size, although I have given my opinion : )

I found the Tacori setting at BBB and immediatly feel in love. I love the graduated stones, but my ring would not have stones all the way around. I further confused myself today by finding this Simon G at a local jeweler and loved the pear side stones and sparkle.

I need professional help here...ideas anybody..please!!!

brooksieT.JPG

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Simon G sparkler

brooksieG.JPG

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I strongly prefer the first one, the Tacori I guess? The second one looks much more generic to me actually.

Corseted

Rough_Rock
I like the Tacori too.

I think the most important thing is to talk to an experienced jeweller and ask him which design will maximise the sparkle and size of your stone. I went to see my jeweller with a Tacori design and he made several modifications to enhance my ring. Try to get the design from all the different angles..it''s available on the Tacori website, not sure about Simon G, so your jeweller can get the full picture.

Your decision to not have stones the whole way round is wise. When I''m in a dodgy neighbourhood (or eating messy food like crabs), I twist my ring so that the only thing that shows is plain metal.

Whatever your final decision, as long as you get a well-cut stone, it will look great.
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I''m no professional, but Tacori all the way
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif
! Tacori looks spectacular from all angles (I think the S.G. ring only really looks good from the top IMHO).

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
I like the Tacori. My favorite part is the way it tapers from the center stone and I agree the graduated stones are great. The setting just flows nicely. Enjoy the shopping!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love me a good pear....but I actually prefer the Tacori!

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I do love the Tacori...I just spent my lunch hour at BBB trying the Tacori piece on again. It was the first ring that took my breath away, and still does..even more so with the matching band. It''s so pretty...I want it now
20.gif
, but the BF is saving up a bit more.

This forum has been a huge help in my search. Wow...did my tastes change from what I thought I liked to what I''ve chosen.

I will post pics once the beauty is on my finger.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another vote for the Tacori, that''s a gorgeous ring...

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a Simon G lover but I have to go with Tacori on this one. It is lovely.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
tacori. it''s generally not my taste, but i have to say this one is very beautiful. probably my fave tacori to date!
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the Tacori setting! It''s beautiful!

Welcome to PS.
35.gif

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
The Tacori is to die for
30.gif
Congrats!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just in case you want to hear it one more time...the Tacori, hands down!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for the Tacori, love it!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the Tacori!

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I personally adore the Tacori style settings. I have a beautiful Tacori style ring, it''s not Tacori, but it''s 18K gold and superior craftmanship with all the engraving and detail of tacori. Here''s a pic, kind of bad, but I love it and I could stare at it all day long, it has a demantoid in it. I think you would do yourself a favor by getting the Tacori. I''ve seen them in person, and I love them!!

tacoristyle347837.jpg

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the Tacori - those rings are just stunning!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the tacori! Looks like a designer high end ring.

OH and if you are worried about the graduated stones going all the way around. Tell them to make yours 3/4. They'll make modifications. Even if BBB tells you otherwise (they lied to me about the tacori I'm interested in-- told me you can't make changes.) Good old Gold carries Tacori btw... I would personally work through them.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2007 5:07:43 PM
Author: Gypsy
Another vote for the tacori! Looks like a designer high end ring.

OH and if you are worried about the graduated stones going all the way around. Tell them to make yours 3/4. They''ll make modifications. Even if BBB tells you otherwise (they lied to me about the tacori I''m interested in-- told me you can''t make changes.) Good old Gold carries Tacori btw... I would personally work through them.

Gypsy is right. My setting always comes with a RB head and we changed it to EC. No Charge. I am sure they will lower the price though if you get less diamonds.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results