shape
carat
color
clarity

2 plus round diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Can be done for under $20,000 if you can lower clarity to SI1 or lower color to G. Ideal cut F SI1's can be had for in the $19000 range.

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
Pear crazy - that is EXACTYLY why I did NOT want to give a budget.

I am interested in the spec''s that I gave earlier - NOTHING else.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
If you want a diamond certified by a reputable lab, in that size, you are going to have to (as Pearcrazy mentioned) come down in clarity. Your budget and paramaters are unrealistic- you are not going to find a F/VS in 2+ carats for under 20K. Come down in size, or adjust your expectations regarding color and clarity.

There are many people here who can assist you in your search, but you have to be SPECIFIC.

BTW, the exclamation points and bold face are verging on rude. No one is going to help you if you behave like a jerk. Hate to break it to you, but you have to BUY diamonds, so how much $$ you are willing to spend is critical.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 3:45:23 PM
Author: lilyeternity
Pear crazy - that is EXACTYLY why I did NOT want to give a budget.

Huh. Why don''t you try e-bay?

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Lily,

I think you''re not understanding the dance here. Pricescope is a weird and, I dare say, magical place. It’s primarily made up of consumers who seem to enjoy the shopping process. You''ve got to love ''em, it''s a free and extremely valuable service. They have been through the shopping exercise themselves and apparently they found the advice given here helpful. They want to help pass on the favor. There are some dealers here that are trying to sell you things but they are clearly labeled as such and they NEVER insert advertising type messages into these discussions. There hasn’t been a single dealer post on this thread. Read through a few of the other shopping type threads and you’ll see what I mean.

You obviously already know that your price is low for what you describe. You are going to need to compromise on at least one of your attributes to put this deal together. If you’re seeking assistance on how best to do that compromise, there is no better place on earth than right in this forum. If you are hoping to beat up a dealer for a better price then you are wasting all of our time; there are none here. Go directly to their individual websites and have at it. Being coy and evasive here is unlikely to serve your purpose although sometimes it helps during negotiations with dealers.

Neil Beaty
Independent Appraisals in Denver

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2004 3:45:23 PM
Author: lilyeternity
okay, but then don''t be angry when you can''t find what you''re looking for and people here can''t help you

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I see. VS2.

Still not gonna happen. Go back to the drawing board. Where are you willing to compromise? Size? Clarity? It''s not gonna happen otherwise, sorry.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, there''s no magic password around here to get the diamond you want for less. That''s the way all of us here on PS bought our diamonds. Like I told you, the vendors here operate on a limited profit margin. They aren''t going to sell you a diamond for less than they paid, there is very little haggling in price. You are being unrealistic to believe that you are going to find the perfect diamond for some unbelievably low price. There is no conspiracy among vendors to set prices at a certain level. I suggest you call up one of them and do it your way-- that is say "I''m looking for a D-F ideal cut VS2 diamond, what will you sell it for?" They''ll quote you exactly what you see on the pricescope search.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
but, it all makes sense now........the original post had something to do with, "help, i''ve looked everywhere and i can''t find what i''m looking for.."
well........that''s because it doesn''t exist!!!!!!!

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
lily,

if you let these wonderful people here help you, they WILL find you the BEST d#mn looking diamond for your money. i don''t think you''ll be disappointed.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liveternety:

I find it interesting that you state up front that color and cut are your most important considerations - but then specify an exact clarity rating. Obvioiusly, clarity is most important as you gave an acceptable range on the others.

Concerning a "Fair" price. I have found that the pricescope vendors have some of the best prices arround - and provide a wealth of information concerning cut quality and technical details on the diamond that you will not get elsewhere. Fact is, these are a very high value for the money diamonds.

The other fact is, what you are specifying is going to cost you at a minimum so much, and obviously more than $20,000.

There are many people here who will spend valuable free time helping you find the best value for your money - as long as you are asking for something that is reasonably gettable.

I wouild like to point out, that perhaps you could lower your size a bit. No one in the reall world is going to notice the difference between an extreemly well cut 1.75 carat diamond and a 2 carat diamond.

Ops, I was wrong. A well cut 1.75 carat diamond will so outshine a normal 2 carat diamond that people will think you have the bigger diamond...

One way or the other you are going to have to budge. More Money, less color, less clarity, less size. Remember, the 5th and 6th C rules... Cost and Compromise.

Please let us know how we can help once you decide what it the most important feature,and where you can compromise.

Perry

lilyeternity

Rough_Rock
To everyone - Thank you for all of your help!!

I am not trying to be rude or a jerk.

Keep your eyes open for me!!!!

THANKS in ADVANCE

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if i find a well-cut 2ct d vs2 for 20k, i''m buying it!!!!!
2.gif

Heart

Rough_Rock
I had a 20k budget and 2carat in mind when i was buying my diamond. I would not compromise on size and clarity but in the end i end up with 1.5 H&A ideal with 2 sides .50 H&A all ideal VS2 G for 17k. Now i''m thinking of spending the remaining 3K for my eternity ring. for 20k, you can probably get a 1.75 carat without compromising the Clarity. But if you really want 2carat then SI is your best bet. Good luck on your search.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
nice reality check HEART--Thanks

Heart

Rough_Rock
Lily - if you really really want more than 2 carat diamond, VS Clarity and DEF in color for your budget maybe you should try other shapes stones like princess or radiant. Round cut i believe is the most expensive cut.
12.gif

Greg

Rough_Rock
http://icestore.com/search/diamond_inventory_detail.asp?ID=7319

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you are going to find a 2+ D-F VS2 ideal cut for $20k, so either your criteria has to loosen a little (SI1 is a reasonable compromise that you won''t see the effect of if you are carefulin your selection), or your budget has to give. You can''t squeeze blood from a turnip.... if it isn''t priced at a market price, you probably won''t find it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could come from a private seller though ? Right ? Not overnight, but possible in theory.

If the specs are thta strict, than I assume the certificate will have to be GIA or AGS. Otherwise, without certification or some strange paper, you can find anything
2.gif
Including a nice fish eye like the beauty posted earlier promisses to be
40.gif

F/VS2 comes very close to 20k anyway, if you are willing to search for the lucky gem with good brilliance but unorthodox proportions, the chances to locate just the right thing go up. Quite likely this type of search will end up finding diamonds with strong fluorescence (like this 2 carat E VS2). Not bad - just one more thing to look into.

Then, there are some small 2 caraters: all stats in place, but either extra deep or with thick girdles that make these look smaller and may result in undesirable optical effects in theory.

Anyway, here's one 2 carat, D VS2 priced at ... 17 k! (link) Nice, right ?
9.gif
The reality check does not sound hopeless, IMO. This may be EGL, but from D to F there is room - let's call it "F" by GIA standards, and it's still a nice price. Depth 63%, table 60% whatever, no other data on cut yet aside the "very thick" girdle. And this shows: the stone is slightly smaller than the 8 mm expected from 2 carats. This may not mean much to you if the weight mark is a must. The size sounds more like 1.8 carats than 2. However, the proportions of this one remain to be checked.

D/F, VS Ideal cut rounds seem to hover a yard higher though.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, just saw this thread.

No magic bullet, but at 2K more, surely you've already considered this one?

(edited to add:) Ummmm.....actually, same diamond, but in your neck of the woods, here, right?

Best wishes,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results