shape
carat
color
clarity

2 New Recycling Projects

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Background - Got a e-ring and w-band upgrade late last year. Love my new rings!!!!

It was a hard decision but I took my original e-ring and band in for a re-set. I re-set the stone from the ring into a necklace, and the 5 stones from the band into a bracelet.

Don''t have much stats but the stone for the necklace is 0.55c, and the stones on the bracelet are 0.15c each. All are G VVS2.

Here they are:

jp1838.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Necklace. It is on a 16 inch chain in WG. The bracelet is in WG as well.

jp1843.jpg

weegem

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Pretty pretty! Very delicate. You know you''ll have to post pics of your new rings, right??
31.gif
Unless you have already!
16.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Back of the bezel. I am so glad that I went with a bezel even though I already have another bezel necklace in 0.33c.

Really happy with the re-set especially the necklace.

jp1859.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock

jp1848.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
1.gif

jp1849.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh they are beautiful!!!! Looks just like the DBTY style.

If you don''t mind me asking do you have more detail on which bezel setting was used? Especially for your pendant. I just went through this huge search process trying to find a bezel setting for a pendant and my dream bezel was exactly like yours. I couldn''t find exactly what I wanted so I decided to go martini, but it would be really great to have the info for future reference. For example, did your jeweler order the settings from Stuller, and do you know which one they ordered? If you would not mind taking more close ups of the bezel (maybe a side view) that would be extremely helpful. Also, does your diamond stay in place and does it flip? Thanks so much in advance!

Enjoy your new treasures, I think it''s a great way to enjoy your original set in a whole new way!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you were posting pics while I was posting! It is perfect! My gosh. I love it. Any details about the setting itself would be super helpful. Thanks!!! It appears to be smooth on the sides and the "mouse ears" blend right into the chain... the PERFECT BEZEL!!! Gosh I wish you had posted this a couple days ago LOL :)

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Here is the necklace with the matching earrings, which was my first recycling project I did a while back.

Stats of the earrings: 1.01 tcw, G VS2. Top stones are 0.25c/0.26c, middle stones are 0.13c each and the bottom ones are 0.12c each.

jp1851.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
The necklace, earrings and the bracelet. OMG, I am soooo in love with this set.

jp1852.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jewels these pieces are gorgeous!!! I love the DBTY look and would also love more info on how you had these made!!!
36.gif

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Another pic of the set. You can see the side view of the posts of the earrings.

jp1841.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
The bracelet on me, not a great pic. Will try to get DH to take a better pic when he comes back.

jp1835.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Did I say I love the bezel???? Looks a lot bigger than what I expected. I wear it with my 1.03 tcw studs (set in 4 prong basket) and I can''t believe how much bigger this 0.55c looks.

jp1836.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 12:10:27 PM
Author: Jewels
Did I say I love the bezel???? Looks a lot bigger than what I expected. I wear it with my 1.03 tcw studs (set in 4 prong basket) and I can''t believe how much bigger this 0.55c looks.
Man, this is exactly why i wanted to go with a bezel for my pendant. Now I am that much sadder that it didn''t work out for me
7.gif

If you could give more detail about the bezel setting itself, that would be super helpful for future reference! Also, did you have these pieces made at a local jeweler? He/she did a wonderful job!!!

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 11:58:21 AM
Author: gailrmv

If you don''t mind me asking do you have more detail on which bezel setting was used? Especially for your pendant. I just went through this huge search process trying to find a bezel setting for a pendant and my dream bezel was exactly like yours. I couldn''t find exactly what I wanted so I decided to go martini, but it would be really great to have the info for future reference. For example, did your jeweler order the settings from Stuller, and do you know which one they ordered? If you would not mind taking more close ups of the bezel (maybe a side view) that would be extremely helpful. Also, does your diamond stay in place and does it flip? Thanks so much in advance!

Enjoy your new treasures, I think it''s a great way to enjoy your original set in a whole new way!
Thanks gailrmv. The whole set was custom made from scratch by my local jeweler. DBTY is the inspiration. The chains and bezel of the original DBTY are a lot thinner. I went with 14k WG and asked my jeweler to increase the thickness on both the chains and the bezels. I just don''t want my pieces to fall apart. I also told my jeweler that I don''t want them to be too thick either.

I did my first earring re-set quick sometime ago. I was very happy with the earrings, so when it was time to do these 2 re-sets, I told my jeweler to use the same goldsmith who did my earrings, my jeweler uses 3 goldsmiths. I also printed a pic of the DBTY necklace from Tiffany''s web site. I do not like the mickey mouse ears on the Tiffany piece, so I asked that the chains get soldered in directly to the bezel. Oh, the necklace flips sometimes but it doesn''t bother me at all. My other bezel necklace is on a glider, I prefer this new one compared to the one on a glider.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 12:04:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Jewels these pieces are gorgeous!!! I love the DBTY look and would also love more info on how you had these made!!!
36.gif
Thank you FG. A bezel is a poor woman''s way to jazz up a stone
31.gif

Next time, I would like to get one done in a halo, with tons of diamonds around it. Your ring is an inspiration for me and many people here on PS. I would like to start a halo project done one day. The difference is unbelievable.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 12:22:54 PM

Date: 6/2/2007 12:10:27 PM
Man, this is exactly why i wanted to go with a bezel for my pendant. Now I am that much sadder that it didn''t work out for me
7.gif

If you could give more detail about the bezel setting itself, that would be super helpful for future reference! Also, did you have these pieces made at a local jeweler? He/she did a wonderful job!!!
Don''t be. It''s not the end of the world, you can always re-set your pendant, or get a new pendant in a bezel down the road. I will take more pics of the necklace sometime this afternoon. My son is screaming for lunch. Got to go now.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2007 12:39:40 PM

Date: 6/2/2007 11:58:21 AM

Thanks gailrmv. The whole set was custom made from scratch by my local jeweler. DBTY is the inspiration. The chains and bezel of the original DBTY are a lot thinner. I went with 14k WG and asked my jeweler to increase the thickness on both the chains and the bezels. I just don''t want my pieces to fall apart. I also told my jeweler that I don''t want them to be too thick either.

I did my first earring re-set quick sometime ago. I was very happy with the earrings, so when it was time to do these 2 re-sets, I told my jeweler to use the same goldsmith who did my earrings, my jeweler uses 3 goldsmiths. I also printed a pic of the DBTY necklace from Tiffany''s web site. I do not like the mickey mouse ears on the Tiffany piece, so I asked that the chains get soldered in directly to the bezel. Oh, the necklace flips sometimes but it doesn''t bother me at all. My other bezel necklace is on a glider, I prefer this new one compared to the one on a glider.
Jewels, can I say now that I feel 100% better! I couldn''t find a ready-made bezel to meet all my preferences. I would feel like a chump if it was right there in the stuller catalogue and I missed it, so I''m glad to hear you had it custom made. Your entire set is wonderful and actually I prefer it to the Tiffany version of DBTY! I like how you had it a little thicker, and the bezel extends a bit further down (which should keep the culet from poking you) and no mouse ears! You have scored the PERFECT bezel setting. You and your jeweler did an awesome job! Thanks a lot for sharing your pics.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
More pics for you gailrmv. Here is the back.

BTW, your martini pendant sounds very nice. Please post pics once you get it.

jp1860.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Side view.

jp1863.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
19.gif

jp1864.jpg

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now. This pic gives a very good side profile.

jp1867.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love all your jewelry Jewels! Gorgeous new pendant, earrings, and bracelet! Great job recycling. They necklace and bracelet looks great on you! I love the side profile of your pendant and how thin the bezel is. It looks like the diamond stick out on the bottom a bit. Does it ever poke you?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I love your set. Everything turned out so nice. Enjoy wearing them.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love bezels and this thread was awesome!!! What a beautiful jewelry set. I bet it looks great with casual clothes or all dressed up. By the way, with the back of the necklace and bracelets, it looks like the pavillion of the diamond is exposed. Do you find that it pokes you and hurts? Just wondering for future reference.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for your compliments.

Snlee - you''re so sweet. I am so in love with the new set. The necklace does not poke at all. I will only feel it if I put my finger on my diamond and press it against my neck.

kcoursolle - this set is so versitile. I can go from casual to formal with it. I have always wanted a tennis bracelet but cannot justify spending a few thousands for something that I can only wear for formal occations. This new bracelet is fun and does not cost me an arm and a leg, also love the fact that I can recycle the stones from my old w-band. About poking, it doesn''t poke on the neck but I feel it a bit on the bracelet at times. Doesn''t bother me at all. Like old sayings, a woman would rather suffer wearing a pair of gorgeous shoes, then to wear a pair of normal and comfortable shoes.

kkb

Rough_Rock
**Firegoddess**

Hi Firegoddess,

I posted something on another forum, but I thought I''d copy and paste it in this one (because it looks like your most recent post).

"I love everything about your ring, Firegoddess, and am hoping to get a similar one, just with a round-cut center stone (probably 1.25-1.5ct). I''m just learning about diamonds, settings, and everything else, and I want to make sure I ask for the right thing when my boyfriend and I go to the jeweler.

I know I want the center stone to be prong set rather than bevel (is that the right word?), which will make it sit up a little. But I don''t want any space in between the center stone and the halo, and I don''t want it to sit too high off the halo. It looks like yours is set that way, and I was wondering if you knew how high off the halo yours sits.

Also, how is your eternity band set? Is that micropave? I know I don''t like channel-set. I love the look of a four-prong shared setting, but I don''t know if you can do that in the width I''d like (1.8mm or smaller). I just like to see the shape of the diamond rather than a metal band around them. I also like to see a little of the diamond from the side too.

Yours seems to be the ring I want. There''s also a Leon Mege cushion-cut halo ring that seems to be what I want too. (here''s the link: http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=286) I know that I like these pictures, and I will definitely take them to the jeweler, but I want to be able to say what I want too, just so there''s no confusion. There are some halos that I really dislike, so I want to make sure I don''t mess up. My boyfriend would kill me.

I would really appreciate your help with this and all the specs you''ve got. Thanks!"

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewels, your DBTY inspired set is stunning!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results