2 new fancy colored diamonds

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: Love , and love..

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
kenny said:
And the .27 ct Fancy Intense Green.

Wow Kenny just amazing! The cut on this stone is fantastic. I must admit I've never been a fan of the cut designs on most colored stones as brilliance is often secondary. In addition I didn't want to comment before but I had a strong suspicion that the vendor shots of this stone had too much pavilion lighting to them. Now that I see this stone in the V of your fingers all I can say is wow! Love the color and I beleive it to be accurate and I also love the optical symmetry and large unbroken pavilion mains from the shorter lower halves which I also believe to be what will be seen when worn.

Just a masterpiece and photographed really well also. You going to do a another Bruce Boone tension with this one?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChunkyCushionLover said:
Wow Kenny just amazing! The cut on this stone is fantastic. I must admit I've never been a fan of the cut designs on most colored stones as brilliance is often secondary. In addition I didn't want to comment before but I had a strong suspicion that the vendor shots of this stone had too much pavilion lighting to them. Now that I see this stone in the V of your fingers all I can say is wow! Love the color and I beleive it to be accurate and I also love the optical symmetry and large unbroken pavilion mains from the shorter lower halves which I also believe to be what will be seen when worn.

Just a masterpiece and photographed really well also. You going to do a another Bruce Boone tension with this one?

Thanks CCL.
That means a lot, coming from you.
I probably should squirl this one away in the safe deposit box, but every time I bring it out to look at it the light performance screams out to be seen so I may put it in another Boon tension setting.
It will make a small comfortable ring since it is only a quarter carat.

Still pics do not do it justice.
It it astonishingly lively and has bold chunky scintillation and fire that rivals many modern well-cut diamonds I've ever seen.
I wish I could post a video of it.
Are we allowed to do that here?
People post links to vendor videos all the time.

Leibish had no provenance on it so I'm really curious when it was cut.
Being a OEC or transitional round of course suggests about 100 years ago.
Also, as you pointed out being pure green but cut as colorless are cut I'm wondering if this "cutting for GIA's highest color grade: is a recent thing.
Perhaps 100 years ago they didn't know about cutting for color (at the expense of brilliance) or they were no GIA color grades (and the resulting :$$): :$$): :$$): ) to shoot for.

Did they even facet girdles 100 years ago?
If not that indicates recent cutting - unless the OEC was put on 100 years ago with a bruted girdle then someone touched up the girdle recently to improve the appearance.
The girdle faceting does not look all straight and perfect though like other modern girdles I've seen, but I haven't seen zillions like some of you pros.

If any vendor or appraiser here knows or suspects when this was cut I'd be very grateful for the input.
Here is the pavilion again it it helps nail down the time of cut.

0fwa.png

0pav.png

0788.png

Lurchie

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Seriously. Wow.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Kenny, Just absolutely gorgeous. Wow and Double Wow! :)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny said:
Still pics do not do it justice.
It it astonishingly lively and has bold chunky scintillation and fire that rivals many modern well-cut diamonds I've ever seen.
I wish I could post a video of it.
Are we allowed to do that here?
People post links to vendor videos all the time.

I am guessing it might be possible to do a video, but ask for permission with the admin first and then ask them to post it for you?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I keep coming back to this thread to just stare at these stones. :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Leibish & Co.

Rough_Rock
Trade
Kenny, just wanted to say how impressed i am with your pics, they are amazing, especially the one of the 0.26ct Green between your fingers, the picture is so sharp i can't take my eyes of this pic. i remove my hat in front of you. Well done.
Itzik

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
So cool. Your new rocks rock!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results