shape
carat
color
clarity

2 different colors of gold in an unusual wedding set... what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mollie

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''m new so I hope I''m posting this in the right forum.

I just got married and I''m having a difficult time settling on a wedding band I really like. The original from long ago has been repurposed into a right hand ring (past the return period when I had that freakout), so now I''m going through bands. I just got, in the mail, a pink gold 1/4 ctw half eternity, 1.5mm thick. My engagement ring is a large aquamarine with a halo and half-eternity 1.5mm band in white gold. I''m wearing them together right now trying to decided if it looks good. I also have three teensy tiny 1mm bands (total ctw for all three is 1/4) that look great with the e-ring, but I like to have options.

Unfortunately I don''t have a picture because I''m at work, but do you have wedding sets in two different golds? Can you post a picture?

Thanks!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
The combo sounds pretty to me. I think I would like to see pics of hand shots though!
1.gif

mollie

Rough_Rock
I will when I get home tonight! I feel silly making the post without a picture but the ring literally JUST came and I''m excited about it.

mollie

Rough_Rock
Okay, here is at least a picture of the e-ring with two of the teensy bands. I usually wear either one or two bands together with the e-ring on top - the way shown in the picture is pretty but uncomfortable.

ringsmollie.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I like the look and I also think the ring will look interesting with the rose gold band...I like mixing,stacking and matching rings together...texture,color and amount give the look individuality.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I think the blue and pink will go well together...I love that color combo!
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Ever since I read that British royalty wears yellow gold wedding bands (Welsh gold) along with platinum e-rings, I have absolutely quit worrying about mixing metals.

You can be a style maker, or a follower. If anyone says anything, just tell them that you are a style maker!
36.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I really like mixing my colors, and I think the pink will look nice with your ring. But I will say that I tend to shy away from just mixing one of one color and one of another. For some reason either doing 3 different colors or 2 of one and 1 of another seems to balance more to me.

mollie

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 3:58:23 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Very pretty!

Ever since I read that British royalty wears yellow gold wedding bands (Welsh gold) along with platinum e-rings, I have absolutely quit worrying about mixing metals.

You can be a style maker, or a follower. If anyone says anything, just tell them that you are a style maker!
36.gif

That''s funny, I''m actually just reading that huge thread on the Crown Jewels right now and saw that too.

I also got a pink sapphire band from the same place - it looks striking with the e-ring!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I think rose gold with that aquamarine will look DELICIOUS. I love blue stones with rose gold.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love rose/pink and white gold together, I think it''s a beautiful combo!

mollie

Rough_Rock
Okay, hopefully this works on my Mac.

This is the band with the e-ring.

rosegoldbandmollie1.jpg

mollie

Rough_Rock
This is another angle. Sorry for my hairy fingers.

rosegoldbandmollie2.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I LOVE two-tone gold. And diamonds in pink gold is one of my favourites... So my personal view is that it looks great if you''re not a ''matchy-matchy'' person. If you love it, I say go for it.

Take care of that aqua, by the way! They are a little soft for everyday hand wear, so I''d get it insured if you haven''t already... juuuust in case.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results