shape
carat
color
clarity

2 AGS0 Princess Stones - Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RDY2TIE

Rough_Rock

I've attached specs/links to two stones that I am considering as an ER for my girl. Each is similar in price, with Stone 2 being a little less expensive. Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated. I'm looking to make this deal sometime today or tomorrow morning. Thanks!!

Stone 1:
Cut: AGS0 Princess
Color: F
Clarity: VVS1
Carat: 1.1
Fluorescence: Negligible
Depth: 76.5%
Table: 60.8%
Crown Angle: 33.2
Crown Height: 11.4%
Pavilion Angle: 41.8
Pavilion Depth: 63%
Girdle: 1.9% to 2.6%
Culet: Pointed
Measurements: 5.64 x 5.64 x 4.31

http://www.infinitydiamonds.be/diamond.php?ID=116

Stone 2:
Cut: AGS0 Princess
Color: D
Clarity: VVS1
Carat: 1.051
Fluorescence: Negligible
Depth: 73.7%
Table: 66.4%
Crown Angle: 43.3
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavilion Angle: 39
Pavilion Depth: 55.7%
Girdle: 3.4% to 4.0%
Culet: Pointed
Measurements: 5.49 x 5.44 x 4.31

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2361963.htm

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
The second one is already sold.
You are fast man!
2.gif

RDY2TIE

Rough_Rock
I''ve been quitely searching and researching for several months now. I really like both of these diamonds, so I have them on hold. I need to make a decision very quickly, probably by tomorrow morning. I await eagerly for some expert opinions.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Any advice I would give you would be biased.

Therefore, I suggest that you have both stones shipped to you, and you decide which one you like best.

Live long,

Paul

RDY2TIE

Rough_Rock
Are there any people out there that have anything to say about the IdealScope image for Stone #2??? I know that the diamond is fabulous, but I can say that I haven''t seen an IS quite like this before. What''s going on with the 4 symmetrical areas of leakage?

Jonathan

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This, I can say,

The four symmetrical areas of leakage, plus the cross-leakage in the center are the result of a lower pavilion angle.

This is absolutely normal, if you go for AGS-0 with a lower pavilion angle, but in average-cut princess-cuts, it is hardly ever seen.

Live long,

Small

Brilliant_Rock
While I don''t know much about princess stones I will say that I just got my new infinity RB today and WOW
30.gif
30.gif
...Paul cuts great stones! Knowing this...I''d go for stone 1. You won''t be disappointed!

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Hi Paul!
I would buy them both.
Both idealscopes look to die for.
Paul''s table is smaller if you like it (I do),
WF crown is higher if you like it (I also do)...
So... buy them all !
2.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Well, any advice I would give you might be biased as well,
1.gif
but I think I'm allowed to mention that Paul honestly pioneered the Ideal Princess movement with fabulous diamonds. His comment about #2s lower pavilion angle is right on.

A great thing about the recent development of this 0 Princess is that it's caused fresh design perspectives and approaches for many of us. There are different configurations (# of chevrons, etc.) which can be crafted to optimum performance, so there are several different looks capable of earning the '0.'

That's why I second Paul's suggestion to bring both in, if possible. It's an exciting time to be a Princess fan.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I bet both are killers. I have only had a chance to see one of Paul's stones in person and it was amazing. I'm not a Princess fan, but his stone changed my mind about them.

Since #2 is slighty less it may be a better "value" on a $/carat basis for a D VVS1 versus a F VVS2. If everything was equal, I would probably pick that one for this reason.

Good luck.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Based on the IS images I like #1 better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results