shape
carat
color
clarity

2.5 carat, E, IF, Ideal Cut!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, finally, some really nice photos!
30.gif

In the sun...

EringIntheSun.JPG

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
She''s getting really gd at photography. More fire!!

ringonfire.JPG

doobao

Shiny_Rock
I''m about to faint! E & IF & Ideal Cut?
What a lucky girl!

Congrats on her engagement & beautiful ring!
1.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2007 10:46:38 PM
Author: gladyskristen
30.gif

In the sun...
She already has her wedding band?? I am confused.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 2:01:39 AM
Author: Beacon

30.gif

In the sun...

I haf no idea whether tt''s a wedding band. Gotta ask her.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I was thinking the same thing - why is she weariing a wedding band? It is a beautiful diamond and an amazing story .... but is it me or do those last pics seem a little weird?

such an interesting setting... would love to see a profile shot.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The whole thing is a little weird!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 1:42:37 PM
Author: neatfreak
The whole thing is a little weird!
Ha, you could not have put it better! I was thinking exactly the same thing!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s weird at all. Some people just have lots of money. Maybe she already has that band and wanted to see what the ring might look like with a wedding band. I used to wear wedding type bands all the time before I was married cos I like them.

Just my .02c
1.gif

a

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 6:27:15 PM
Author: angeline
I don''t think it''s weird at all. Some people just have lots of money. Maybe she already has that band and wanted to see what the ring might look like with a wedding band. I used to wear wedding type bands all the time before I was married cos I like them.

Just my .02c
1.gif

a
I guess I don''t really think it''s all that weird. Here in LA people get huge rocks all the time and sometimes want flawless stones, frankly because they have a lot of money. The men get expensive cars and the women get bling...we don''t personally have this sort of lifestyle, but I guess I don''t understand why you guys think it''s weird.

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I suppose I just think it is weird because many of us do not live in LA and also cannot imagine spending such a great amount of money on a first E-ring and the fact that it is e and if and she can''t provide the specs it all seems fishy lol.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
She is a lucky girl!!!! I don''t think it''s weird, there are lots of people out there who make TONS of money and would get THE best stone they can find, and don''t have to skimp on clarity or color to save a buck. As far as her having two e-rings, well all I have to say is I''m jealous!!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t see a thing weird about it either. They obviously are older and can afford it. And we see people here post wedding bands all the time before weddings. I think it is a terrific diamond!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/14/2007 6:27:15 PM
Author: angeline

Just my .02c
1.gif

a
I just thought that it was odd not because of the money they are spending on the ring (yes, I know that some people have more money than most of us can imagine-I live in the silicon valley, and I know many people that are beyond rich) but the fact that she has a wedding band that matches her pre-e-ring (I am not sure if people are reading the entire thread or just bits and pieces of it). If I were her, I would have waited until I got the actual e-ring, and then find a matching wedding band. But then again, since the e-ring for sure will be a master piece totally outshining the pre-e-ring (according to what has been said so far), maybe it won''t be practical to wear it on a daily basis? In any case, she really is a very lucky girl! I have said this before too!
2.gif

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
When I posted this note, I was thinking that the pictures looked weird, not the story. I looked at the pics quickly and they looked the same. I guess the diamond is so nice that it kinda looked like the diamond was photoshopped on the band. Or, she was using some stock photo since the wedding band was in one photo.
The pictures do look different - flashes of light in different places. I would still love to see another angle of that rock!
30.gif

ps. I am fine with the story. There are lots of people with tons of money out there. However, I do take offense that they are "older".... I am also in my late 30s
23.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2007 2:30:46 AM
Author: yellowsparkles
When I posted this note, I was thinking that the pictures looked weird, not the story. I looked at the pics quickly and they looked the same. I guess the diamond is so nice that it kinda looked like the diamond was photoshopped on the band. Or, she was using some stock photo since the wedding band was in one photo.
The pictures do look different - flashes of light in different places. I would still love to see another angle of that rock!
30.gif

ps. I am fine with the story. There are lots of people with tons of money out there. However, I do take offense that they are ''older''.... I am also in my late 30s
23.gif
Oh, I hope you''re not serious! Young couples in their early twenties just finishing college generally cannot afford a 2 carat stone. I think the average age for first time marriage is something like mid-twenties, so marrying in the mid-to late 30''s is "older" than average. I think it is a stretch to read more into it than that!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/15/2007 1:06:03 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Date: 4/15/2007 2:30:46 AM
Author: yellowsparkles
30.gif

ps. I am fine with the story. There are lots of people with tons of money out there. However, I do take offense that they are ''older''.... I am also in my late 30s
23.gif
Oh, I hope you''re not serious! Young couples in their early twenties just finishing college generally cannot afford a 2 carat stone. I think the average age for first time marriage is something like mid-twenties, so marrying in the mid-to late 30''s is ''older'' than average. I think it is a stretch to read more into it than that!
Oh no of course not. I was trying to say that since I am in my late 30''s, I don''t like to think I am older..... just above average! ha ha. I was purely talking about age and not that they were getting married "later" in life.

My poor attempt at humour
41.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock

30.gif

In the sun...

The eternity band is not her wedding band. Her ring is a few sizes too big for her, and she wun be resizing it until she goes over to NZ, so she bought herself an eternity band as a "ring stopper" to stop it from slipping off.

I wan a ring stopper too!
39.gif

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
wow, could you imagine having that type of money ::drools:: that diamond is nearly perfect...now if it were on my hand, then it would be perfect!! wow am i feeling a bit of envy lol, what a lucky girl!!

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 10:14:50 AM

30.gif

In the sun...

The eternity band is not her wedding band. Her ring is a few sizes too big for her, and she wun be resizing it until she goes over to NZ, so she bought herself an eternity band as a ''ring stopper'' to stop it from slipping off.

I wan a ring stopper too!
39.gif
Oh my goodness... What a wonderful looking ring stopper!
30.gif
I should have ordered a ring a size too big so that I could have ordered a ring stopper myself!
2.gif
Your friend and her FI are seriously loaded! Wow...
6.gif
I cannot wait until her e-ring is done. I get a feeling that it will truly be an unforgettable piece!
36.gif
I am sure she''ll share photos of her e-ring with you?
3.gif
And really... her stone is just absolutely perfect.
30.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, she said she''ll need my help in the e-ring too!
36.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 10:46:42 PM
Yup, she said she''ll need my help in the e-ring too!
36.gif
Oh my gosh Gladyskristen! You are a very lucky girl to be able to help with such a grand project!!! Wow... It sounds like you''re about to have a lot of fun!
9.gif
By the way, will you ever meet her in person and see these beauties with your very own eyes? It would be so nice if you could! Fruits of your hard labor!!!
2.gif
They will make you so PROUD!!!
6.gif
Please keep us updated with the entire process. I am very curious about how the actual e-ring will turn out!!!
36.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, i dun think i''ll ever have a chance to. She''s leaving Singapore soon! Gonna move to HK, and finally settle in NZ. Her wedding will be held in NZ. Fortunately, i''ll still get to see the wonderful pics of the rings!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
I''m so jealous of your friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! her ring and her stopper ring are gorgeous!!!!!!

I also got a stopper ring ''cause my ring is too big, but not as expensive as that one!!!!! hahahaha
29.gif

kohdy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/17/2007 11:49:46 AM
Nope, i dun think i''ll ever have a chance to. She''s leaving Singapore soon! Gonna move to HK, and finally settle in NZ. Her wedding will be held in NZ. Fortunately, i''ll still get to see the wonderful pics of the rings!
Wow... settling in NZ, huh? I heard NZ is also a nice place. Is her FI from NZ originally? Anyway, I am sure she''ll like it there. HK... it''s got to be exciting to be living there for a while! I heard about crazy shopping over there! I am going to visit HK at least once in my life time, but of course, Singapore first!!!
2.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... I'm not sure abt whether her FI is from NZ, but appears so. Otherwise i dun see why she'll be settling there. For Asians (at least for the Chinese), the ger will usually settle where the guy is, so i guess it makes sense if he's from NZ. Seldom do couples get married and immediately migrate, cos the norm is to stay close to the parents of at least one of them.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, 2.5ct E, IF. If it''s cut as well as my WF rock then it''s my dream stone! Lucky girl.

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What an amazing ring! I love seeing photos in the posts. How do you insert a photo to the post?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, just a little updates. She''ll be seeing the cert tmr. After hearing what some PSers said, she''s worried tt her stone might not be a real ideal cut stone. Now she wants to know what she can do to make it an ideal rock IN CASE it''s not ideal (e.g. getting it recut). Anyone can gimme some ideas?

In the mean time, here''s more pics (including profile shots)...

fullcollege.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results