shape
carat
color
clarity

2.04 E si2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pwings

Rough_Rock
2.04 E SI2 $19500

Gia - 3/05
Shape - round
Measurements 8.08 -8.15x 5.00
Depth 61.6%
table 57%
Girdle Med,faceted
culet none
Polish ex
Sym ex
Fl faint

Sarin:
depth: 61.4%
table 4.62mm 56.9% 0
Crown 34.6'' 14.6% 0
Pav 40.7'' 42.9% 0
Culet 0.7% v.small
Girdle 1.8SI thick -2.5si thick 2.1% 0

Guys, no AGS cert on this one. What do you guys think, is this worthy of a triple O? What do you think of the stone for the money? Also, I saw a 2k G-SI2 next to this one, and could barely barely tell the difference, so close. Is it really worth the extra 1-2 K for the E when they are so close?

Another is a G-2.17 SI2
AGS cert
Triple Zero including light performance
Polish Sym id/id
Table 55
crown 34.9''
pav 40.8
depth 62.5
culet pointed
fl-neg

for 19500

What do you guys think?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there! Other more number saavy people will comment on the stone numbers, I am sure....

I think the color issue is such a personal one. I''m one of those color sensitive people, so I went with a D-E search. A sales guy showed me a GIA G colored stone all by itself---nothing to compare it to-- and I guessed it was an I or J to show you how off I am! I ended up with a D and love it and think I would stick in the D or E range in future stones. Inclusions don''t bug me like color, so I like that your stones are S1 range.

But I think I am in the minority here...I think most responders will tell you to go with the bigger G. I just wanted to weigh in that if you are someone who can notice the difference and prefer the colorless look, the extra money may save you from obsessing about things later!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2006 12:12:45 PM
Author: wallermama

I think most responders will tell you to go with the bigger G.
Not this one.

I don''t thing AGS0 is such a milestone... that every AGS0 will sand out in a pile of stones with cherry proportions like that E.

Between these two, any idea if whatever makes them SI2 also makes them less than eye clean in a setting?

Now, between G and J there''s quite some distance - more than between D and G, IMO. That should show on relatively large diamonds especially if proper conditions are given and the stones are not set.

The best thing to do would be to get out there and take a look at what these color grades mean, preferably on properly graded diamonds, above 1 ct... Not asking much, am I
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2006 10:07:58 AM
Author:pwings

E SI2

$19500

Measurements 8.08 -8.15
On the other hand...

8mm could be less than 2 cts. If you get lucky to find a finely cut stone that just missed the price jump there.

Something like this one:

1.8cts, 8mm, E-SI1 AGS0 $17k The IdealSCope picture doesn't look half bad either.

pwings

Rough_Rock
I really like those 2 stones. I dont know what im going to do. If I consider the E, should I have them certify it by AGS before purchasing?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2006 9:05:49 PM
Author: pwings

If I consider the E, should I have them certify it by AGS before purchasing?

Would that change the stone? 'Guess not.

You already have an AGS0 to compare it with (the G). I can't think what re-certifying could be good for.

diamondgirlNY

Rough_Rock
personally I''d go for the larger stone....once mounted, I don''t think even the best Gemologist out there would be able to tell you without a 1-2 grade cushion what color it is.... size wise though...easier to pick up...especially a round stone....

G SI2 specs seem within the AGS 000 range...and instead of getting another "CERT" I would ask if the jeweller has a Sarin Machine or OGI machine that is calibrated to give you the cut grade....but I think you already have a new GIA report to work off of....no?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results