shape
carat
color
clarity

2.01ct round arrow pics what do you think?

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I know this shouldn''t matter, but I took my ring outside to see if I could get some better pictures. I know that my arrows aren''t set straight up and down with my prongs but none of the tips are covered either. But should this really bother me enough to go and have the stone reset so they are straight? I really don''t notice it until I take pictures of the stone then it almost kills me. Would it bother you?

Anywhooo, here are some pictures I took that I would have to say are way better then some of the past pics I''ve posted. Let me know about the arrows and if it gets on your nerves to! LOL! Thanks!
9.gif

arrowoff0.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
see, it''s just a little off .
20.gif

arrowoff1.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe I finally got good shots of my arrows.

arrowoff2.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
These I believe are my best pictures to date for me. I''m trying.
25.gif

frombelow.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
just for kicks
10.gif

ontheleft.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
last one. I''m going to contact my jeweler and tell him that I want him to make sure that my studs aren''t set like that, but to make sure that the arrow tips aren''t covered. It shouldn''t be to late, I just got to put everything in motion yesterday and he said it would be next week.

ringotherside.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The problem with 6 prongs is that if the arrows are "straight" then two arrow tips are coevered by prongs! Unless I prefer how you have it so the whole arrow is visible. You can get 6 prong and have the whole arrow show and be lined up, but I think they tweak the prongs a little.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
agreed to what D has said. all my rings have been 4 prong for this exact reason. i don''t know why but the arrows not being straight and or being covered by a prong gets to me. and i also like having the arrows aligned so the top part looks like a V, kinda like yours right now but shifted clockwise just a tiny bit.

i think if you don''t want the arrow tips to be covered, this is a great way.

btw, your ring is gorgeous!
30.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 1:35:41 PM
Author: dreamer_d
The problem with 6 prongs is that if the arrows are ''straight'' then two arrow tips are coevered by prongs! Unless I prefer how you have it so the whole arrow is visible. You can get 6 prong and have the whole arrow show and be lined up, but I think they tweak the prongs a little.

Beautiful diamond, SparkleNut. Dreamer, I never knew that about six prongs and arrows, but it makes perfect sense.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! Okay, that makes sence. I never knew that about a 6 prong setting. But my Husband and I decided to do the 6 prong because of the size of the stone. So that makes me feel so much better thanks dreamer_d, Milly and sarap333

I love my six prong setting, so I don''t think the arrows being a little off will bother me any more after knowing this.
5.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great!!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Laila619, I really didn''t know that about a six prong setting. Well I guess it''s one of those things if you would think about it you would realize, but it''s something I really didn''t think about. LOL!
9.gif

But thanks, I feel so much better about it know.
5.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! That''s totally me today yssie. Thanks so much for the link, it''s the perfect information I was looking for over this not so big problem. LOL!
9.gif

I''m guessing my stone is set like Lynn was talking about in the thread. It looks to be that my table is lined up with my shank so that put my arrow tips more at 1,3,5,7 and so on, so no tips are covered.
4.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I thought maybe I was the only person who cared about arrow alignment. What I prefer in a 6 prong is for the arrows to fall under the prongs at 6 and 12 oclock as the ring is sitting. In a 4 prong I want every other arrow tip covered. Having them out of alignment would but me too.

I have a pair of 8 prong earrings on order from WF and one of the things I asked of them was to please have the arrows centered under the prongs.

BTW, I looooooove your ring!
30.gif
30.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Lone_Wolfe. How sweet! I just went yesterday and picked out my studs. I was thinking about calling my jeweler and making sure that the tips of the arrows show with my 4 prong martinis. But I think I''ll just take them how they come I think they''ll be okay.

You said 8 prong. Those are going to look amazing! Can''t wait to see pics of those.
3.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

netcbc

Rough_Rock
very nice what are the specs?

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 5:11:41 PM
Author: Lone_Wolfe
You realize of course that I''m anxiously awaiting pics of your new earrings too, don''t you? What stones did you pick?

Here''s a thread I started about mine, https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/lknvrb4-and-yssie-its-all-your-fault-new-aca-earrings.144409/ , the completion date got pushed back a couple of times. They''re due tomorrow and I can''t wait. At least I can look at the diamond pics for now....
9.gif

I''m doing H&A rounds. .50ct each ear so total 1ct. And the 4 prong martinis are done in 14kwg and I went with screw backs. I''m so going to check out the link on yours. As much as I know right now I should be able to pick mine up about this time next week. So I''m totally excited about seeing yours!
9.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 8:51:09 PM
Author: luckystik3
very nice what are the specs?

Thank you luckystik3. I''ve got my papers put up. But they are here on PS. I''ll go find them for you and repost them here.
4.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't wont to have to go dig the papers out so I just went and found all the specs from my old link.

here we go.

Certified: GIA
Carat weight: 2.01ct
Measurements: 8.13x8.06x5.01
cut: H&A Signature Round Brilliant
Color: J
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 61.9
Table: 56
Symmetry: Excellent
polish: Excellent
Set in an 18K white gold solitaire setting.
Ring size 5
5.gif

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That would make me crazy! I''d definitely get it fixed. Beautiful stone though!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Lone_Wolfe your so lucky your stone color is F. Mine are G''s I''m the type of person to always let color go lower if I can still get my H&A. Your studs are going to be amazing though.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 9:43:36 PM
Author: SparkleNut
Lone_Wolfe your so lucky your stone color is F. Mine are G''s I''m the type of person to always let color go lower if I can still get my H&A. Your studs are going to be amazing though.

I thought about dropping the color to the G-H-I range and would have been totally happy with them. But I wanted to keep the size between .4 and .45 each, so when Debi found those 2 and sent me the links I decided I was going to have F''s.

That actually works out well because the pendant I''m having made will have a 1.10 very high F and a .46 D, along with a .14 ACA melee. I really can''t wait to see yours now. Mine are due today to be finished. It''s Friday morning here.
9.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2010 10:18:49 PM
Author: Lone_Wolfe
Date: 6/24/2010 9:43:36 PM

I thought about dropping the color to the G-H-I range and would have been totally happy with them. But I wanted to keep the size between .4 and .45 each, so when Debi found those 2 and sent me the links I decided I was going to have F''s.

That actually works out well because the pendant I''m having made will have a 1.10 very high F and a .46 D, along with a .14 ACA melee. I really can''t wait to see yours now. Mine are due today to be finished. It''s Friday morning here.
9.gif

I''m SO EXCITED NOW! Please take as many pictures as you can. Your studs will hold me over until mine are done. I''ll be checking all day for pics!
5.gif

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I totally for you said PENDANT!
6.gif

How did you know what I want next! LOL!
9.gif
When I picked out my studs one of the sales girls had me looking at some of the simple solitaire pendants they had set with there H&A diamonds, so beautiful. You might just be my enabler on that one.
27.gif

I need to fertilize my money tree.
9.gif

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 11:52:17 AM

I''m SO EXCITED NOW! Please take as many pictures as you can. Your studs will hold me over until mine are done. I''ll be checking all day for pics!

I totally for you said PENDANT!
6.gif

How did you know what I want next! LOL!
9.gif
When I picked out my studs one of the sales girls had me looking at some of the simple solitaire pendants they had set with there H&A diamonds, so beautiful. You might just be my enabler on that one.
27.gif

I need to fertilize my money tree.
9.gif
I''m checking my email for those pics like every 5 minutes, so you''re not alone.... Where''s a biting nails smiley when I need one?

As for my pendant, I just got to show off my sketches. It''s going to be a 3-stone, the with a 1.10, a .46. and a .14. The diameters will be 6.7, 5.0, and 3.3. I''m using the 1.10 ct Eightstar I''ve shown in my WF ACA and Brian will pick the little one for me from thier melee.

Here''s what I''ve been drawing up, but haven''t decided on the final design yet. I''m open to votes.
9.gif

LW-Sketches.JPG

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS! This is going to be AMAZING! I see the direction you are going in. The one design that has truly stood out to me is the one with the smaller stone on top and the larger on the bottom. And the metal work in kind of like a tear drop or pear shape. I circled the one that really caught my eye. No matter which one you go with this pendant is going to be a knockout!
4.gif

thisoneIlike.JPG

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 4:12:44 PM
OH MY GOODNESS! This is going to be AMAZING! I see the direction you are going in. The one design that has truly stood out to me is the one with the smaller stone on top and the larger on the bottom. And the metal work in kind of like a tear drop or pear shape. I circled the one that really caught my eye. No matter which one you go with this pendant is going to be a knockout!
4.gif
That is totally the one that caught my eye too! How funny! I was going to post a photo circled and then you beat me to it.

SN I did not recall that your diamond is my diamond''s big sister! J VS1 all the way baby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results