shape
carat
color
clarity

1969 mystery ring

Vintagedream

Rough_Rock
I claimed this ring and several other pieces from my grandmothers costume jewelry box after she passed away. She was a flashy and boisterous jersey girl who served as a nurse in World War II. Her in laws were Dutch and I can only assume she bought this ring on a visit to Holland. Can anyone tell me anything about it ? It’s very light. I can’t figure out what metal it is. 80A79BF7-0B2F-4562-991D-0EBB00F5CF87.jpeg 7EBA3385-4075-4FF1-9C95-B7E61175310B.jpeg 4D389FFD-A92D-437E-BDAE-7595EFB22850.jpeg 2EF982A6-A750-4BE2-A19E-CFC8954FED9F.jpeg 80C163C1-17B3-4BE9-9FFB-A5D3A048050E.jpeg F2E2EBBA-0F51-4149-BE16-1156B59B4F02.jpeg 8F1760F2-BDAA-418A-A670-BB0DD678DC6C.jpeg

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty and unique!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any hallmarks? Your granny had great taste, it’s lovely!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, it is definitely not “costume“ jewelry with diamonds polished by Coster. I wonder if you could call with the certificate number whetherthey would have any details (from 1969?). Palladium is lighter weight than platinum and gold.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, I love the top view of that ring. It strikes me as being somewhat audacious for the time when it was bought. But it seems to fit well with your description of your grandmother as being somewhat boisterous! Do you know whether she wore this ring often?

I can’t tell you anything about your ring but here’s what the certificate brings to mind:

I’ve been to Israel twice, both times as part of a guided tour. The first trip included a stop at a “jewelry factory.” I’d hoped we would get to see jewelry actually being made, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. Instead we got to see a film of the jewelry being made, and we got an opportunity to buy jewelry - at rather inflated prices – in the fancy factory show room. For some reason that certificate looks to me like some thing that might accompany a purchase made at that kind of a tourist-oriented shop.

(For what it’s worth and apropos of nothing, my visit to the Delft blue pottery factory in Delft, the Netherlands, was a little bit better. There was the obligatory film, but there was also a self guided walking tour where you did get to see a bit of the manufacturing process. And, of course, the opportunity to shop at the end of the tour!)

Edited to add -

AHA!

Last edited:

Vintagedream

Rough_Rock
Well, it is definitely not “costume“ jewelry with diamonds polished by Coster. I wonder if you could call with the certificate number whetherthey would have any details (from 1969?). Palladium is lighter weight than platinum and gold.

I thought it was costume at first because it’s so light And also because it was just in a pile of other things like beads and sterling, etc. I don’t know much about his sort of thing but I have always loved vintage jewelry. Do you think this is valuable ? Is palladium a common metal for diamonds to be set in?

Vintagedream

Rough_Rock
First of all, I love the top view of that ring. It strikes me as being somewhat audacious for the time when it was bought. But it seems to fit well with your description of your grandmother as being somewhat boisterous! Do you know whether she wore this ring often?

I can’t tell you anything about your ring but here’s what the certificate brings to mind:

I’ve been to Israel twice, both times as part of a guided tour. The first trip included a stop at a “jewelry factory.” I’d hoped we would get to see jewelry actually being made, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. Instead we got to see a film of the jewelry being made, and we got an opportunity to buy jewelry - at rather inflated prices – in the fancy factory show room. For some reason that certificate looks to me like some thing that might accompany a purchase made at that kind of a tourist-oriented shop.

(For what it’s worth and apropos of nothing, my visit to the Delft blue pottery factory in Delft, the Netherlands, was a little bit better. There was the obligatory film, but there was also a self guided walking tour where you did get to see a bit of the manufacturing process. And, of course, the opportunity to shop at the end of the tour!)

Edited to add -

AHA!

That is really interesting and it would not surprise me it was a touristy thing.

Vintagedream

Rough_Rock

Edited to add -

AHA!

She described herself as “glitzy”

Edited to add -

AHA!

She always referred to Herself as “glitzy” although she And my grandfather was certainly Solidly middle working class. They loved to throw parties in their “romper room” and had a Wurlitzer jukebox to boot! She probably wore this ring when she threw or attended parties. By the time I was old enough to know Her (1980-1990s) she wasn’t doing a lot of that kind of thing anymore.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I claimed this ring and several other pieces from my grandmothers costume jewelry box after she passed away. She was a flashy and boisterous jersey girl who served as a nurse in World War II. Her in laws were Dutch and I can only assume she bought this ring on a visit to Holland. Can anyone tell me anything about it ? It’s very light. I can’t figure out what metal it is. 80A79BF7-0B2F-4562-991D-0EBB00F5CF87.jpeg 7EBA3385-4075-4FF1-9C95-B7E61175310B.jpeg 4D389FFD-A92D-437E-BDAE-7595EFB22850.jpeg 2EF982A6-A750-4BE2-A19E-CFC8954FED9F.jpeg 80C163C1-17B3-4BE9-9FFB-A5D3A048050E.jpeg F2E2EBBA-0F51-4149-BE16-1156B59B4F02.jpeg 8F1760F2-BDAA-418A-A670-BB0DD678DC6C.jpeg

that ring needs to go to a party !
she is gorgouse
i hope you have the opertunity to wear her and show her off soon
she deserves a fun and happy 2nd life with you

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results