shape
carat
color
clarity

145 Facets?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissingSeattle

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
Just had a question for you. I was thinking about a diamond RB that has 145 facets. What do you all think about a RB having that many? I had a RB that had 66 vs the normal 58 facets and I liked it very much. The extra facets were all in the pavillion (bottom half of the diamond.) This stone with 145 facets has the extra cuts everywhere. I will try to attach a pic of it.

radiant_info.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Is that the diamond from Helzberg? Just did google search, and a competitor (Zales, I think)called it a "crushed glass" look....

But more importantly, there was no information given about color, clarity or cut of the stones.....and they had a "range" of sizes ie: a 3/4 stone might range from .7-.79 or so..Quite a differnce, possibly in value, but they were selling for a fixed price,,
And since they didn''t state color or clarity, or ACTUAL weight it''s impossible to compare prices...
Plus they have IGI cert, which is not well recommended.....

Have you seen it? How does it look????? What other information do you have????

MissingSeattle

Rough_Rock
It is the diamond from Helzburg. If I were to purchase one I would just go to the store and see just what I am getting. I do understand that a IGI cert isnt worth much. LOL! I guess I am just wondering what everyone here thinks about that many facets. Do you really think that the extra facets make a sparkler diamond or is it just marketing? Anyone with any thoughts please be honest.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I was recently at the mall and saw one of those Movado diamonds (in the Movado Boutique store) and I don''t remember how many extra facets they have, but they have more than the traditional 57 or 58. Anyway, I didn''t care for it. I thought it made the stone look too busy and I didn''t think it made it any more brilliant or firey....just more expensive.
2.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know a thing about that style of diamond, but it certainly wouldn''t cost you anything to take a peek at it. But I do know that more facets do not necessarily equate to "more sparkle"... in fact, it can at times be just the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results