shape
carat
color
clarity

11.12 CT Sapphire Stone Price

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

the_publisher

Rough_Rock
I am very new to this and don''t have any knowledge of stones or jewelry for that matter. My grandmother recently died and my family has asked me to sell her old jewelry.

I would like to know what this stone is worth... here are the specs based on a Gemological certification form that was with the stone:

11.12 CT Sapphire
Shape/Cut: Pear Shaped
Measurements: 19.38 x 11.61 x 6.01
Clarity: MI
Color Grade: Y-0 R-47 B-53
Color Rating: 8
Color Tone: 85
Finish: 6
Brilliancy%: 10

Thanks in advance.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
First- I''m very sorry for you loss.

I think the biggest factor in determining price for a sapphire is how it was heated or treated- which is not mentioned in your post. If the sapphire is heated then it is significantly cheaper then an unheated sapphire. Heating brings out the color. I don''t think anyone on this thread can give you a really accurate ballpark figure. You should take it an appraiser who can more accuratly depict these things. Just my .02.

Can you post a picture of the ring?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Sarah.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My condolences on your grandmother’s passing. Which lab certified the sapphire? The description is very detailed, however, there is no mention of treatment which will impact the market price. Also, the note that it is moderately included brings the price down somewhat. At this point, it is best to have an independent appraiser take a look at it. After years of wearing the stone, it is best to have it inspected for any damage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results